Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HIV/HCV.... Some inspirational news for the dual infected. 7 years 5 months ago #22445

• Johnboy
  • Johnboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Hang in there all you people with HIV.

I have been very closely following the progression of clinical trials using gene therapy against HIV. The link below hints at some BIG news coming early in 2017. I have some minor contact with a patient who was in the very first cohort of this trial. He is not on AART therapy. He seems to be in very good health and is neither sickly or weak. In fact he is the opposite. The presentation is about raising further funds and the talk is very much 'medical jargon' but if you look closely and listen well..... you will get the picture. Nothing is certain of course but it is looking very good. They have already modified the processes and the biggest impediment to a roll out will be the time it takes to treat. Right now treatment would require a week in hospital etc. The masses can't be cured this way.

In the near future, when it is eventually fully proven and they get the cost down..... there are plans in place to get the treatment to the masses, by new technology that will make the therapy available and portable. It will be a few hours only in an outpatient type setting.

Early days but it IS happening,

G1 58yo F1 54,000 viral load Relapser 2003/4 Sof/Dac started 21/9/2015
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Gaj, beaches, Fara
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC