Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Language Transcribers - World Hepatitis Alliance Generic Webinar 7 years 4 months ago #22829

• DrJames
  • DrJames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi All,

The World Hepatitis Alliance did this webinar:

This transcript was used by a Romanian patient to prepare this Romanian captioned version (no prizes for guessing who did this!)

If you speak a foreign language and have a couple of hours here is the English transcript. It's is just a text file where there are time bits you ignore, and English bits that need translation.

File Attachment:

File Name: transcript.txt
File Size:81 KB
YMMV
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommy, Fara, rohcvfighter, fitz

Language Transcribers - World Hepatitis Alliance Generic Webinar 7 years 4 months ago #22831

Utilizing google translate, I can help translate to some languages if you would like. I only speak English, but my experience on here using this and translating into Romanian, elicited responses admiring my fluency in Romanian :cheer: Let me know what languages you need.
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Language Transcribers - World Hepatitis Alliance Generic Webinar 7 years 4 months ago #22839

• DrJames
  • DrJames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi GF,

The problem with automated translation is best explained by this translation into Russian and back to English. Take the phrase:

"The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Matthew 26:41)

Which translates into дух бодр, но плоть слаба

But with some earlier version of translation algorithms came back in English as

"The vodka is good, but the meat is rotten"
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: tweakmax, coral, fitz

Language Transcribers - World Hepatitis Alliance Generic Webinar 7 years 4 months ago #22842

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
In case it helps in making a time estimation for this translation work: translating it in the Romanian language was something that I made across 8 days, 1 hour during the morning coffee and 1-1.5 hours during the evening tea. It was a pleasant way to start and end the day :). I started first without the transcript and I was quite slow, but afterwards it went much faster when I was having the transcript.
A headset might help, especially when cross checking the translation at the end.

Cheers,
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Language Transcribers - World Hepatitis Alliance Generic Webinar 7 years 4 months ago #22902

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
A quick thought:
- I do not know what is the current awareness level about the generic HCV medication in other countries, but in Romania I see a kind of disorder when I am looking on different forums or newspapers. People are starting to be more and more informed about the solution provided by the generics, but at the same time the number of those who "offer" their support services increased (I would call them un-trustworthy sources). I would say there is quite a "fight" of opinions with people claiming their way to source the medication was better then the way of someone else. I find such discussions destructive because it creates confusion. But, perhaps not so destructive for someone who will research deeper about generics.

I see this webinar from WHA as a good learning material which might help in creating an order in the world of HCV generics.

One issue that I see is that many people do not seek to allocate time or do not have the skills (like for instance English skills) to do a proper research and get documented about these generics. And this make them dependent on other people. Advocacy groups or patients associations might help them, as it is also mentioned in the webinar, but this leads to another issue, whether such associations are really aiming to support HCV patients or if they are simple Big Pharma puppets.

In conclusion, apart from the doctors, patients associations could also play an important role in helping HCV patients getting treated with the much more affordable generic drugs. The hard to answer question is whether such associations (and I have here in mind those from Romania in particular) are really following their declared mission?

Cheers
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, fitz
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC