• Page:

TOPIC:

Greg Allman dead at 69... 6 years 10 months ago #24584

• Sven
  • Sven's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1213
Greg Allman, one of the most iconic front men of the blues and rock band Cream dead at 69 due to HCV and development of liver cancer. Even he got a liver transplant but he never got rid of the hepatitis C and it developed in the liver cancer and took him down.
I write this because I want you all to know if you don't treat, no matter how much money you have, You're not be able to buy another day. Even the most influential and wealthy people in the world, not treated, will pass way sooner than expected .
That's why I got treated after all three of brothers died, the last one in 2014. My brother told me before he died if I ever got the chance to kill this bastard disease to do it. So after over a year and several months+++ being denied by my insurance company I happened to meet a person who guided me here. I am now HCV free and looking to hopefully a long and energetic life with no more fatigue and brain fog. At least I gave myself the chance!
Redemption trials and world renowned Dr. James Freeman is the way to go. If you don't do it you are the only one to blame .
May God be with you all.
Contracted HCV 1980's
Geno Type 1a
F3 ( doc says once treated I'll be F2 maybe F1)
Meds shipped 6/17/2016 arrived early 7/2016

Viral count - 3,471,080

4 week quantitative bloods: August 17, 2016. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

8 week quantitative bloods: September 14th. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

11 week PCR RNA Qualitative bloods: September 26th 2016 - Undetected

December 19th 2016: Cured!
Viral count: zero!!!
2018 viral count: still zero!
Cured!
The following user(s) said Thank You: klhilde, coral, Gaj, Lynne-Francis-facebook, splitdog, J. Eugene, Iain, Mnem

Greg Allman dead at 69... 6 years 10 months ago #24588

In Allman's own words - here from an article in Everyday Health – December 2011

Allman was diagnosed with chronic hepatitis C after years of complaining of low energy and fatigue. “I didn’t know that much about the disease at the time, which made it all the more daunting. I just knew that it would be a long haul,” Allman says of his diagnosis. “I also was unsure about what it would mean for my life and for my ability to play my music, but I didn’t want it to slow me down.”

Allman, however, didn’t immediately seek treatment. He waited until he faced the music and shared the news with his friends and family. “I wasn’t sure what my friends and family would think when I told them I had it, but they were extremely supportive. I honestly believe people can get through this thing with the support of their friends, family and their doctor,” he says. “Looking back, I wish I had taken steps against my disease sooner.”

Allman’s hepatitis C was treated with interferon, a medication made with proteins similar to those your body makes to fight off infections. “I have to tell you, treatment was tough, but I never looked back because I was determined to beat the virus,” he recalls.

However, because his infection was treated so late, the therapy failed. His doctor then advised Allman that he would need a liver transplant. “It was scary. I’m not going to lie about that,” he admits. “I was feeling pretty tired, real lethargic, and was just waiting. But when I got the call that there was a liver for me, oh man, I was ready for it.”

It’s been about a year and a half since Allman got a new liver, and, since then, he has returned to touring with the Allman Brothers Band and his solo band and has released his first album in 14 years, Low Country Blues. “What a difference a year can make,” he says.

While he’s enjoying having his life back on track, Allman wants to make sure those living with chronic hepatitis C hear his message loud and clear. “Looking back on what I went through, I want other people to know that doing nothing is not an option,” Allman says.

www.everydayhealth.com/hepatitis/1213/gr...nic-hepatitis-c.aspx

"Doing nothing is not an option" .... words to live by.

RIP

J
GT 1a (~1968)
Diagnosed Non A/B ’85 – HCV ‘89
Rebetron INF/RBV 17 months 2000 – Failure
Infergen INF/RBV 11 months 2002 – Failure
Viekira Pak + RBV 12 weeks 2015 – Failure
VL Und at +3 weeks > EOT – EOT+12 weeks 2,240k
Resistance Tests – NS5a Q30R
SMV/DCV/SOF + RBV 24 weeks 2016
VL Det <15 +2 and +4 weeks – Und +8 weeks > EOT
SVR4, SVR12 and SVR24 Undetected
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Gaj, Lynne-Francis-facebook, Sven, Iain

Greg Allman dead at 69... 6 years 9 months ago #24609

• sonix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Music is life
  • Thank you received: 359

Sven wrote: Greg Allman, one of the most iconic front men of the blues and rock band Cream...

Erm, you might like to edit that to say "Allman Brothers" rather than "Cream".
A sad passing. I was a big fan.
M 61yo HCV+ ~ 30 yrs Gt1a F2 VL 223,000 ALT 54 AST 42 Tx start Sof/Dac 17Dec15.
SVR4 at 7Apr16 ALT 22 AST 22
SVR12 at 9Jun16 ALT 23 AST 25
Melbourne, Australia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj

Greg Allman dead at 69... 6 years 9 months ago #24675

• Sven
  • Sven's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1213

sonix wrote:

Sven wrote: Greg Allman, one of the most iconic front men of the blues and rock band Cream...

Erm, you might like to edit that to say "Allman Brothers" rather than "Cream".
A sad passing. I was a big fan.

It shows the depth of my age, not that is a good thing! But your probably older than me knowing those stats, good hit mom errrr dad? :)
Contracted HCV 1980's
Geno Type 1a
F3 ( doc says once treated I'll be F2 maybe F1)
Meds shipped 6/17/2016 arrived early 7/2016

Viral count - 3,471,080

4 week quantitative bloods: August 17, 2016. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

8 week quantitative bloods: September 14th. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

11 week PCR RNA Qualitative bloods: September 26th 2016 - Undetected

December 19th 2016: Cured!
Viral count: zero!!!
2018 viral count: still zero!
Cured!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC