Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

panovir (sof/vel) 6 years 9 months ago #24667

• wanod
  • wanod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
hi just got the results of my 4 week bloods vl undetected. big thanks to all the peeps at fixhepc and the redemption trials
got another 7 weeks to go but off to good start all lft results normal
side effects wise I had 3 days of major insomnia (suffer from insomnia anyway but this was worse)
3/4 days of mild headache more like sinus than banging headache
to offset these I actually felt more energetic like a mildly excited feeling in spite of getting no sleep for 3 days. this energetic feeling persists ( I doubt ill be running any marathons just yet but I do find myself having to reign myself in for fear of pushing myself too much )
I have a bit of a phobia about taking any tablets even paracetemol or antibiotics so no big shock that there was no way I was gonna do the interferon /ribavirin which was the only treatment option for G2 tx niave in uk
I signed up for red 4, was a bit worried when I received my meds and got PANOVIR when I assumed it would be SOFOSVEL could find very little info on web regards panovir and still don't seem to be able to find much even on here which is the reason I started this thread .I know ive still got a ways to go yet but this medication is working just wanted to share
G2
DX 2014
likely infected 70s
treatment niave
fibroscan 11.8 ast 85 alt 285 ferritin 412
viral load 1.9 million
redemption 4 sof/vel (panovir)2017
week 4 vl und
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Gaj, Iain, Mnem

panovir (sof/vel) 6 years 9 months ago #24669

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hello Wanod,

Sofosvel was the first generic on the market, and comes from Beacon in Bangladesh. They produce Darvoni and other DAAs.

Panovir was the second generic on the market, and comes from Incepta in Bangladesh. They produce Twinvir and other DAAs.

Velpanat was the first licensed Indian generic to hit the market, not in India, but in Nepal. It is made by Natco who tend to be the first to release medications, and do it via Nepal.

Now all the Indian manufacturers are supplying SOF+VEL combination tablets.

Undetected at 4 weeks is usually a good sign. Not 100% certain, but you reduced the chances of failure by 50% when you came up undetected.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, Mnem

panovir (sof/vel) 6 years 9 months ago #24696

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Wanod,

That's a great result at 4 weeks. The meds all seem to have similar side affects. Like you I also had the insomnia and headaches but more energy as the treatment progressed. Also like you I also used to resist medication of any sort but grew to respect those little DAAs!

Looking forward to your next results. #flower
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24

panovir (sof/vel) 6 years 9 months ago #24698

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
The side effects of headache and insomnia happen in about 1 in 5 patients and come from Sofosbuvir which is in almost all the standard treatments.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC