Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Had hep b in the 70s now hep c 6 years 10 months ago #24826

• Edna G
  • Edna G's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Had hep b in the 70s now hep c. Any safe cures?
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Gaj, Iain, Mnem

Had hep b in the 70s now hep c 6 years 10 months ago #24827

• Iain
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 63
Hello Edna.

Yes luckily there are now multiple safe cures for Hepatitis C, you have come to the right place.

Feel free to browse around the site and/or ask questions but most of the information you will likely want can be found under the "Getting Treated" sub-heading at the top of the page.

If you need any further info feel free to contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and they will be happy to answer any questions for you.

Welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Gaj, Matt-Kenney-google, Mnem

Had hep b in the 70s now hep c 6 years 10 months ago #24828

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Welcome Edna, :)

As Iain says, there are safe cures available for HCV and you can find out more about the available options here. Please feel free to ask here or via This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions.

I see you had HBV back in the 70s. This won't prevent treatment but may require additional monitoring during treatment if your HBV was suppressed rather than cleared. So you should ensure you and your prescribing doctor know your current HBV antibody/antigen status prior to starting treatment. Here is a link to some previous discussions of this topic including comments from Dr Freeman.

fixhepc.com/forum/questions-and-answers/...ml?limitstart=0#8815
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Matt-Kenney-google, Mnem

Had hep b in the 70s now hep c 6 years 10 months ago #24833

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Too many lives go into the making of just one. - Montale
  • Thank you received: 223
Hi Edna,
Me too Edna, I had HVB in the 1970's. Somewhere along the way though my body spontaneously cleared that virus, luckily for me. That left me with loads of HVB antibodies, but no detectable antigen. But I still had the HVC, millions of them, until I commenced the HVC treatment that I accessed through this site earlier this year.

The folks on this site are really helpful. I reached the end of my treatment without incident, and swallowed my last DAA pill. My new blood test results show I am now free of the HVC. Whoopee!

Welcome Edna. It is so good you found this site. As the TV ad goes "come on in, the water is fine".
G2, infected maybe in 1971?
Diagnosed HVnon-A non-B 1980s, revised to HVC 1990's.
Treatment naive. Fibroscan & bloods all normal ranges.
Viral load 7million,
began Redemption trial4, 12-week generic Sof/Vel (Incepta) 2017. Week 4 UND, Week 12UND, SVR24
Thank-yous to my doctor for the script, to Jan at FixHepC for wrangling, and to Dr Freeman for courage.
Kia kaha e hoa ma!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Donna
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC