Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 8 months ago #24980

• 2bornot2b
  • 2bornot2b's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 75
I'm so happy to say that at last I'm undetectable, as my 8 week test showed <10 which was tiny but it was still lurking in my system.

On Dr. Freeman's advise I continued the treatment for an extra 4 weeks and I only have 3 more doses to take and then I've finished the course.

Many many thanks to all who have helped me get here, and for the support I've received on this forum - it's meant a lot.

No more bloods now until 12 weeks and I'm keeping everything crossed that I'll still be ok.

It's taken me a while to post this as I've been getting my head around being hep c free for the first time in decades. I cut my finger cooking this evening and for once I wasn't in a flap cleaning it up. It's such a relief on so many levels.

I haven't been great on the medication and it seems I've had more side effects than most, but a small price to pay to get rid of the disease. Looking forward to a good detox and getting the chemicals out of my system once I've taken the last of the tablets.

Good luck to anyone who is on the treatment now, just hang in there it is so worth it.
2b diagnosed about 10 years ago
Alt was 150 but got it down to a consistent 49 with Chinese herbal medicine
Started dac/sof 27/03/17
4 week test - liver function normal - alt 31
full blood count normal
RNA detected 26 IU/ml Log = 1.42
9 week test 26/05/17
bloods and liver function normal - alt 27
RNA detected <10 IU/ml
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Ariel, Gaj, rightsaidfred, rohcvfighter, Donna, Iain, Mnem

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 8 months ago #24981

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Fingers crossed for you 2b. Some people find the waiting quite challenging. If your liver functions are still good 4 weeks after finishing then things are on track.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2bornot2b, InfinityDreams

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 8 months ago #24982

• 2bornot2b
Thank you, do I ask my GP for a liver test after 4 weeks to check it's function? Oh and do I need any other tests at 4 weeks or do I wait until 12 weeks after treatment?
Started dac/sof 27/03/17
full blood count normal
9 week test 26/05/17
RNA detected <10 IU/ml
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, Mnem

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 8 months ago #24986

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Too many lives go into the making of just one. - Montale
  • Thank you received: 223
Congratulations 2bornot2b, for persisting through to this point in your treatment. It is heart warming to see that you're already experiencing the psychological benefits of getting cured from HVC. Well done you! With my very best wishes for finishing those last few pills, and your walk through to that magic 12 week post-treatment mark. Your fellow 2b treatment buddie, Mnem *)*
G2, infected maybe in 1971?
Diagnosed HVnon-A non-B 1980s, revised to HVC 1990's.
Treatment naive. Fibroscan & bloods all normal ranges.
Viral load 7million,
began Redemption trial4, 12-week generic Sof/Vel (Incepta) 2017. Week 4 UND, Week 12UND, SVR24
Thank-yous to my doctor for the script, to Jan at FixHepC for wrangling, and to Dr Freeman for courage.
Kia kaha e hoa ma!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, rohcvfighter, Donna, 2bornot2b

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 8 months ago #24987

Congratulations and well done
I recently went undetected after 6 weeks and have got just over 8 to go so I'm not far behind you, we'll get there in the end.
Keith
age 72 location UK
14-2-2015 GT1a 6.8 kpa F1-F2 VL6.46
16-3-16 started 8wks Harvoin
2 wks VL unquantifiable
4 wks VL undetected
8 wks EOT Vl undetected
4 wks post. detected VL 4.07 relapsed
22-5-17 started re treatment via Redemption 2 ,meds via Monkmed 12 weeks Sof Dac+Rbv
Riba via NHS
Starting VL 4.25 log 6.63 ALT 88 Fibroscan F2- F3 8.9 kPa
2 wks VL 2.86
4 wks VL below detectable level
changed Tx to Viekira+Sof+Rbv
6 wks VL undetected
13-9-17 EOT , ALT32, AST28
SVR 4 +12
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Hazel, rightsaidfred, Donna, 2bornot2b, Iain, Mnem

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 8 months ago #24988

• Donna
  • Thank you received: 215
Hey 2bornot2b, I'm so happy for you being undetectable and free of the Hep C Virus.....I know it hasn't been the easiest of journeys for you ...but YOU DID IT ..... you stayed strong and you have cleared it ..... wonderful news...... love Donna ❤️
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2bornot2b

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 8 months ago #24989

• Donna
  • Thank you received: 215
Good news for Keith as well .... brilliant news that you are undetected ..... :+1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: keith

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 8 months ago #24993

• 2bornot2b
Thanks Mnem, and for all your lovely messages to me throughout these past 16 weeks!

In one way I'm glad that I couldn't access these meds through the NHS as although it would have saved me the cash which would have been more than handy, I wouldn't have had this forum and the support it's given me, not to mention being able to email Dr. Freeman and have his speedy response to any worries or concerns that I've had. Instead I would have had to wait for a hospital appointment and hoped that I got to see one of the few doctors who I actually get on with. I also doubt that I would have been given an extra 4 weeks treatment after being detected at 8 weeks due to the high cost of the tablets to the NHS.

Anyway it's good, and I'll keep you posted with my next blood test results. Fingers crossed I've got rid of hep c forever! And I hope things are still improving for you x
Started dac/sof 27/03/17
full blood count normal
9 week test 26/05/17
RNA detected <10 IU/ml
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel, Mnem

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 8 months ago #24994

• 2bornot2b
Thanks Keith,

I see that you relapsed after your first course of treatment, that must have been so disappointing for you, however you seem to be responding quickly to the meds now, and like you say we'll get there in the end. Will keep my fingers crossed for you and look on here to see how you get on. Bye for now.
Started dac/sof 27/03/17
full blood count normal
9 week test 26/05/17
RNA detected <10 IU/ml
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Ariel, keith

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 8 months ago #25049

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi 2bornot2b,

I'm travelling at the moment so I am just catching up on everyone's news. So so happy for you 2b. I know it was tough at times but you pushed through and what a great result. Your posts and willingness to be open about the challenges will also help others who might be facing something similar. Fabulous. :woohoo: :woohoo:
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Ariel

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 8 months ago #25051

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Keith,

I'm really pleased to see your results. I also relapsed but, like you, responded quickly to the second round of treatment and I am nearly ready for my 24 week EOT test. It took us a bit longer but the outcome is just as sweet.

Coral
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Ariel, Gaj, Hazel, Mnem

Undetectable at 12 weeks! 6 years 7 months ago #25065

• 2bornot2b
Thanks Coral, good to hear that you're traveling so you're obviously feeling well. I can't believe the difference since I've stopped taking the meds. My energy levels are way up, I don't wake up feeling depressed and have to force myself to face the day. Also I can now eat whatever I want without stomach upsets, I still do my best to eat healthily but I've so missed grilled cheese on toast and hadn't eaten it for years until recently. Also I pulled my back earlier and took some anti inflammatory medicine which my tummy never used to be able to tolerate.

Since I've felt better my social life has really improved, and it's great to be able to plan things without worrying that I won't be well enough to do them. I feel truly blessed thanks to all at fix hep c!

Thanks again for all your lovely mails, have the best time traveling and enjoying life to the full x
Started dac/sof 27/03/17
full blood count normal
9 week test 26/05/17
RNA detected <10 IU/ml
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Gaj, Hazel
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds