Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Would Appreciate More Advice or Guidance 6 years 8 months ago #25160

My generic Harvoni was shipped on August 3rd and has been sitting in US customs at JFK since August 6th. Since it has been over a week, I'm wondering what the wait time is for meds to get released or if there is cause for concern?

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mnem

Would Appreciate More Advice or Guidance 6 years 8 months ago #25161

Hi good luck
I went through the same thing with a recent import to the UK in fact mine went back to Egypt twice. The problem was the import duty that had not been paid.
Is it DHL and are you tracking it ?
Somewhere on their site there is an area for paying duty, I would be inclined to give them a ring and talk to a human I found them to be extremely helpful. Hope this is some help to you
Keith
age 72 location UK
14-2-2015 GT1a 6.8 kpa F1-F2 VL6.46
16-3-16 started 8wks Harvoin
2 wks VL unquantifiable
4 wks VL undetected
8 wks EOT Vl undetected
4 wks post. detected VL 4.07 relapsed
22-5-17 started re treatment via Redemption 2 ,meds via Monkmed 12 weeks Sof Dac+Rbv
Riba via NHS
Starting VL 4.25 log 6.63 ALT 88 Fibroscan F2- F3 8.9 kPa
2 wks VL 2.86
4 wks VL below detectable level
changed Tx to Viekira+Sof+Rbv
6 wks VL undetected
13-9-17 EOT , ALT32, AST28
SVR 4 +12

Would Appreciate More Advice or Guidance 6 years 8 months ago #25162

That depends on who you ordered from.
Do not just sit and wait. The longer you just wait, the more likely they'll destroy your product.

A
If you ordered through one of the Redemption trials you want to have your contact at Monkmed chase the problem down for you since they guarantee shipment and have dealt with these problems in the past. I'm assuming that would still be Tim at Monkmed.

B
If you ordered direct from one of the Bangladesh manufacturers, contact them for copies of the documentation. You'll also need a copy of your prescription if you have one.

Determine whether or not the proper documents were provided in electronic form for customs along with the shipment.

You'll need to contact customs yourself and provide them with proof that you should get the medicine. If the electronic form was provided, point them to it. If not, you'll have to get them paper copies.

Others can advise you better than me on that exact process.

If you cannot convince them to give you the medicine, you want them to at least ship it back to the sender, not destroy it.

C
If you ordered from Bull Pharma, contact them similar to the Bangladesh companies, and see what documents or declarations they included with the shipment ... both electronic form and paper form. Again in this case you'll probably have to fight customs yourself, so you'll need the documents for what the product is, why you need it, and your prescription.

D
If you ordered from some random site from India Mart you can try the same as the previous two examples, but in all probability they tried to ship with deceptive documents and you may well be out of luck. However, you should still try at a minimum to get them to return the product to the shipper. (And track it back to either get your money back or try another shipping round.)

Others can probably tell you more details than I can.

Keep us informed how it's going, and good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iain, Mnem

Would Appreciate More Advice or Guidance 6 years 8 months ago #25163

I just had another thought.

Forum member mgalbrai, (real name Mike, in the US,) has advised some people on jumping through the importation hoops. You can also search his posts here on the forum.
I think this is his email:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

And if that doesn't work, Greg Jefferys has been though all this many, many times and can probably advise you. His blog is here:
hepatitisctreatment.homestead.com/
His Facebook is here:
www.facebook.com/greg.jefferys
His email is:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Would Appreciate More Advice or Guidance 6 years 8 months ago #25166

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hello GoodLuckGirl,

Checking your email address it does not look like something we have shipped.

In the USA we have observed that packages shipped by EMS are increasingly being delayed. If your package was shipped by EMS then the only person who can intervene is YOU. In this case what you need to do is call your local USPS number, with your tracking number and ask them what the hold up is.

If the hold up relates to the FDA then the wording "this is a continuation of a previously received treatment" may be of assistance.

We now ship everything to the USA via DHL as this is more reliable and allows us to intervene in the event of issues.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, Mnem
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC