Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clear for 3 years so far! 5 years 2 weeks ago #27667

• stingray
  • stingray's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi All,

It seems like only yesterday I came across this site but I think it was like 4 years ago. I'm not sure if I was the first member but must have been close - there was SFA on the forum back then.

I asked a question like "How do I know this is legit?" and got some vaguely believable answer. I did a bit of a Google and could not find anything bad (good) and there was a little bit reassuring stuff so I think I thought something like "Fuck it if the medicine arrives and it doesn't kill me how much worse off could I be? Worst case - I've done a couple of grand." I guess the rest is history, but it went like this...

I did the treatment and felt better - I could tell it was working. It took a while to get round to being tested but that came back all clear. My doc tells me Im cured and I feel like I am but I guess I will probably test every year or so - just to be sure.

Anyway, it worked for me. Maybe it will work for you. I feel a hell of a lot better than I used to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Hazel, hanknassi

Clear for 3 years so far! 5 years 2 weeks ago #27668

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi stingray,

I did a search and turned up these 2 posts from you:

fixhepc.com/support-forum/questions-and-...w-this-is-legit.html

fixhepc.com/support-forum/new-to-forum/1...s-a-skeptic-but.html

So it looks like you are a man/woman of very few words!

Happy hear you've remained negative but it probably time to relax. When you finished the tablets the medication took about a week to wash out of your body. At that point, any virus had a 100% treatment free environment to grow back in. The longest Hep C ever takes to "grow" is 6 months so you are so cured we don't need the word so anymore. There is only one word required...

CURED.

#magic
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Clear for 3 years so far! 5 years 2 weeks ago #27669

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
Hi Stingray, welcome back and thanks for sharing your story. Back then no one knew about FixHepC, you took a leap of faith, and you got lucky. Right now, things are much better, no one has to take risks, anyone who does a little research will come quickly to the conclusion that this is the real deal. Glad to hear that you're feeling much better than before treatment, that's really awesome :+1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Hazel, hanknassi

Clear for 3 years so far! 5 years 2 weeks ago #27671

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
Love this post Stingray! I think of myself as coming to it early, but way before that people like you were taking the leap and showing those of us close behind the way across.

I too weighed up, what is the worst that can happen- but it was already posts from you first dragon slayers that reassured me, this is actually what it seems.... street address..... phone number.... faces, names.... no scammer is this organised. The hive mind of the net would be throwing up alarms by now if this was bullshit. If it is not, then it is genius, and brave, and lifesaving. And it was.

You, and I, and thousands of us now are completely cured... #magic#
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar

Clear for 3 years so far! 5 years 1 week ago #27674

• rightsaidfred
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • G3a infected 40 years ago
  • Thank you received: 326
Hello Stingray,

That's a great story. It took some guts to do what you did AND IT WORKED!

I've just had a look at my profile: I see that I first posted in February 2016 and finished treatment (24 weeks altogether) in July 2016. I have been very well since and it rarely occurs to me to wonder how life would have been if I hadn't taken the Fixhepc route to the cure.

Now that I pause to reflect, I can have a stab at answering that question: The NHS would have messed me about for about another year - my consultant's hepc nurse rang to book me in to her clinic in March 2017- and then they would have given me 12 weeks of treatment instead of the 24 weeks I did with Fixhepc, which may not have worked because I had genotype 3a and a fibroscore of 9.5 initially. But before that the disease would have progressed, of course, though we can't know how bad it would have become. I was suffering from constant fatigue, my digestion was very poor - I had symptoms which I thought were due to IBS - and was living on omeprazole. I had zero tolerance to alcohol - a few sips would give me a terrible hangover and any sniff of a steroid inhaler gave me headaches too. I am asthmatic and had to use something else. In short, life was bad and getting worse!

I am self employed and that's been the case for nearly all my life but it's unlikely that I'd have been able to work for that much longer. That would have been a huge problem because I like my work and need the money. I also need the self esteem that working brings me. Again, I have a large and beginning-to-be-lovely garden (it has been 18 years in the making and may be alright in another 10!) and a family of whom I am very fond, which includes my husband and two very beautiful but seriously naughty cats!

We never really know how events would have been but I'm sure life has been miles better than the alternative scenario.

The bonus has been that I've encountered some delightful and very dedicated people. You'll just have to get a new hat, Dr James, you must have outgrown several!

With love and my very best wishes to all of you,

RSF

PS Sometimes I think of a lovely man, known as Gaj on this forum. Very sadly he lost his battle with hepc but not before he had made his mark by encouraging and supporting so many of us here. Perhaps you'll pause for a moment and be thankful? R
G3a. Probably infected 40 years ago.
Diagnosed July 2015
7/7/2015: ALP 69, ALT 209, WBC 5.8, VL 40,000. Fibroscan 9.5 Kpa.
Commenced treatment Sof/Dac (Natco Pharma) 24 wks in Feb 16
VL UND @ 4 wks, 12 wks

EOT 6/7/16
SVR 12
SVR 24

PHEW! Thank you so much Dr James, Monkmeds and all at Fixhepc
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, splitdog, hanknassi, Mar

Clear for 3 years so far! 5 years 1 week ago #27675

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hello rightsaidfred,

Your name has always made me smile, largely because of the association with this:

As a gold label subscriber to the strand by strand grey ad falling out method, and a past user of the time-proven make it a #1 crew cut method....

Anyway, it's been awesome to help people make that leap of faith and share in the results.

I don't feel I've done anything special, other than do a standard doctor disease thing - here's a patient - here's a disease - here's a treatment - connect the f***ing dots. I have been both sad and disappointed that so few of my colleagues have done the same, despite overwhelming evidence generics = cure...

To everyone who took that leap of faith with me all I can say is thanks - we did it together.

I miss Gaj, every day, and wish we'd gone harder earlier. 20-20 hindsight and the same GT3 issues. He failed the first round, we cleared it second time around but his SVR12 came up with a "shadow". That f***ing shadow was not even an HCC. Is was another rare and aggressive form of Hep C related liver cancer.

Sadly he was not the first patient for whom treatment arrived too late. I wish I could have done more but we tried. The sad reality remains that for some patients, treatment will come too late.

It's been said before, but is worth saying again. If you have Hep C get treated.

Gaj added more colour to his Avatar the first time he went UND and EOT and he added this...

#dance

I just wish it could have been this for him

#magic

The first one is # dance, the other is # magic

F**k I wish we could make the magic happen 100% of the time.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Hazel, hanknassi, Mar

Clear for 3 years so far! 5 years 1 week ago #27680

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
Hi rightsaidfred,

Great post. Your garden sounds like mine.

Do I recall you are in England? London by any chance? I'm going to be there with a couple of people in April, 16th-20th,
We' re going to be making noise about hep C treatment, stigma etc. We'll be meeting up with the World Hep Alliance and doing some interviews.

Email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you are around or would like to catch up.

This is the team, www.hepc-action.nz/about/#the-team
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar

Clear for 3 years so far! 5 years 1 week ago #27682

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hello Stingray. It's great to see your post. I joined around the same time as you (September 2015) with exactly the same thoughts. I did a Skype appointment with Dr James and was pretty sure I was onto a good thing but who really knew? It all seemed so extraordinary at the time and I was the last person who would have considered importing drugs from overseas. Just as well I got over that and the rest is history.

Thanks for checking in and keep on enjoying....
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC