Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Assigning the Hep C Butterfly Symbol to the Public Domain 4 years 9 months ago #27941

• DrJames
  • DrJames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
If you're interested to know how the Hep C butterfly came to be there is a short version here:

fixhepc.com/blog/item/141-assigning-the-...e-public-domain.html

It was actually born like this:

But got honed down to just the basic symbol

YMMV
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Hazel, hanknassi, Mar

Assigning the Hep C Butterfly Symbol to the Public Domain 4 years 9 months ago #27944

New tattoo!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Hazel, hanknassi, Mar

Assigning the Hep C Butterfly Symbol to the Public Domain 4 years 9 months ago #27945

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699

Do it Hopeful425! I am aware of only a couple of others...... it makes a cool tattoo:
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar

Assigning the Hep C Butterfly Symbol to the Public Domain 4 years 9 months ago #27947

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
Interesting, Marty and Dr James did a great job on the design. That tattoo looks awesome Hazel :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi

Assigning the Hep C Butterfly Symbol to the Public Domain 4 years 9 months ago #27949

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
Here is a great article about NZ's leading hep C doctor Ed Gane, out today, and look Hopeful425, has the butterfly being tattooed in it. NB it needed to be that big or would be blobby, if you are planning one- I'd planned smaller! But didn't hurt at all, and I'm a sook.

www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/11336426...ment-pioneer-ed-gane
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.710 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC