Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hepc 3 years 7 months ago #29006

I need your help guys I had 2 kit test and d result shows reactive I went to see my doctor she said I should take RNA test after that the test result revealed this I don't understand what she's saying help me interpret this result
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mar

Hepc 3 years 7 months ago #29007

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hello Absadiq10,

All people infected with Hepatitis C will develop antibodies.

Testing for antibodies as quick and cheap so we use antibody testing for screening.

In about 25% of patients the antibodies eliminate the virus (so they are cured) - these people have a positive antibody test and a negative PCR RNA test <<< THIS IS YOU

In about 75% of patients the antibodies fail to eliminate the virus and the PCR RNA test is positive.

So

1) You were infected with Hepatitis C and have developed antibodies that will be with you for many years or even for life
2) Your antibodies have cured the disease as shown by your negative PCR RNA
3) No treatment is required

If the reason for testing was elevated liver enzymes then that needs to be investigated but the cause is not hepatitis C.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Hepc 3 years 7 months ago #29008

Thanks a lot Dr James, I visited my Dr just yesterday and he told me that hep c can't be cure and that am asymptomatic.he told me I can't be cure but the hep c can be manage since I'm asymptomatic so he prescribed livolin forte and he asked me to comeback by the 4th week of September and a week before coming I should undergo a liver function test.I don't understand his contradiction
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar

Hepc 3 years 7 months ago #29009

Hi Dr James,does this viral load test indicates negative RNA
Attachments:

Hepc 3 years 7 months ago #29010

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
Hi Absadiq, let me clarify again what Dr James said. You do not have Hepatitis C anymore, you do not need Hepatitis C treatment, your body immune system killed the virus on its own. Your viral load test indicates negative RNA. Dr James is a very experienced Hep C doctor, he has treated many hundreds of patients, so you should trust what he says. Your doctor on the other hand, no disrespect, seems to be a decade behind modern science. He said that there is no cure for Hepatitis C, when in fact cures were available since 2014 (e.g. Harvoni, Epclusa). If you have elevated liver enzymes, the reason is not Hep C infection, please see another good doctor if that's the case to determine the cause and correct treatment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi

Hepc 3 years 7 months ago #29012

Hi dr James
Is there any tendency that I could clear off the remaining viral load <67 and secondly I'm experiencing dark urine for about 3 months now I was told by a dr that it's dehydration please I need your help sir.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

Hepc 3 years 7 months ago #29023

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hello Absadiq10,

The <67 is not your level. It is the limit of the test, it can not manage to test <67.

You will have <67, <25, <15, <10 and <8 (the best we have at the moment)

For dark urine a simple urine dipstick test will demonstrate the cause. If from liver it will be shown, if from dehydration it will also show up.

Do you have a copy of your liver function tests.
YMMV

Hepc 3 years 6 months ago #29029

Hi Dr James I just received my liver function test result today. You enquired about my liver function test result in my previous post. I wasn't able to sent you the lft result you because it took me over two weeks to received the result here attach my liver function test result sir.thanks for your kind deed gesture towards hepatitis patients may God reward you abundantly
Attachments:

Hepc 3 years 6 months ago #29034

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hello Absadiq10,

Your liver function is ok, although the AST is a little higher than expected. Have you been tested for Hepatitis B?
YMMV

Hepc 3 years 6 months ago #29035

Dr James , What do I do to keep the Ast at normal range I'm so worried

Hepc 3 years 6 months ago #29036

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hello Absadiq10, please answer Dr James's question, have you been tested for Hepatitis B? If not, you should, as this may be the cause of your health issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi

Hepc 3 years 6 months ago #29037

Yes the hbv test was done together with hcv

Hepc 3 years 6 months ago #29038

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Could you upload the result of your Hep B test as well?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC