TOPIC:

#hepcbutterfly 2 years 8 months ago #29316

• Hazel
  • Hazel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
Hi everyone,
I have some news! our #hepcbutterfly symbol was the brainchild of Dr James, who saw the need for a symbol to dispel stigma and raise awareness. It is frankly incredible that no one had cared enough about this top infectious killer to have an internationally accepted, recognisable symbol before.
It has been a big week for the #hepcbutterfly; the artist who designed it for us was nominated, not just for any prize, but for the Pulitzer Prize! www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainmen...itzer-prize/?fbclid=

And at the Global Hepatitis Summit last week I did a presentation, about that and about our Niue project. The feedback from the Summit Chair in Taiwan at the end was- the symbol is welcomed, endorsed, adopted by all, it is a game changer.
We knew that, but it is great to see it really flying:

Please use the attached poster file if you can, let me know if you would like a version adapted.
and any chance you get- use the hashtag, it helps.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Jimmy6429, Sven, hanknassi, Mar

#hepcbutterfly 2 years 8 months ago #29318

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
That's great news Hazel, hopefully the #hepcbutterfly symbol will soon spread its wings all over the world and really help raise awareness. Even though it's disappointing that the Pulitzer committee didn't name a winner for the cartooning category this year, Marty's work will surely garner more attention going forward, and he should be very proud. You should be too, your presentation and overall effort (along with Dr James) to rid the world of Hep C are just awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Hazel, Sven, hanknassi

#hepcbutterfly 2 years 8 months ago #29331

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Hazel,

Thanks for posting your presentation - it is good to get an update for some of the great work that you are involved in.
I love our beautiful, hardworking, should be prize winning butterfly...

With lots of admiration for you and Dr J,

Coral
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Hazel, Sven, hanknassi, Mar

#hepcbutterfly 2 years 8 months ago #29333

• Sven
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1213
WOW, what a story you have Hazel. If I want inspiration, at any time, I just Google your name and read your story. WOW!
Contracted HCV 1980's
Geno Type 1a
F3 ( doc says once treated I'll be F2 maybe F1)
Meds shipped 6/17/2016 arrived early 7/2016

Viral count - 3,471,080

4 week quantitative bloods: August 17, 2016. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

8 week quantitative bloods: September 14th. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

11 week PCR RNA Qualitative bloods: September 26th 2016 - Undetected

December 19th 2016: Cured!
Viral count: zero!!!
2018 viral count: still zero!
Cured!
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Hazel, hanknassi, Mar

#hepcbutterfly 2 years 8 months ago #29336

Hi Hazel, that's great news, we will beat Hep C thanks to ppl like you the Doc, it's a fight worth fighting :)

Saw your report of spammer, thanks, fixed,
I don't log in much these days but still get the spam reports, all good,
Cheerio, Jim
3 years cured, Sof/Dac, thanks Doc Freeman, hepc only a distant memory, go for it ppl
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Sven, hanknassi, Mar
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC