• Page:

TOPIC:

Nobel Prize? 8 years 1 day ago #14935

• 2b
  • 2b's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
I have said it before, and it seems even more apropos now after the Barcelona presentation, Dr. Freeman deserves to be nominated and awarded the Nobel prize for his work. I don't see how it can be disputed that what he has done has already saved many lives and will save many, many more as generics are validated and become available to millions of people worldwide who have been denied or are still being denied treatment.

The guy who developed Sofosbuvir (while working "1/8 time" on the VA dime) deserves some credit, sure---but it is Dr. Freeman's tireless efforts that have actually opened the door to access these life-saving medicines to countless people now. Hopefully some of his medical colleagues will recognize his efforts and submit his name to whatever committee considers these nominations.
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"

Nobel Prize? 8 years 1 day ago #14936

and Greg Jefferys
gt3 started sof dac jan 2016 now 48 wks svr. not the real wilko johnson just have the same real name. shropshire uk
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Violet, IRMA88, Matt-Kenney-google

Nobel Prize? 8 years 1 day ago #14940

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
I looked it up a while ago. for the science prizes it has to be the researcher that made the breakthrough- brand new science sadly not putting it to better use or modifying etc.
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greedfighter, Matt-Kenney-google

Nobel Prize? 8 years 1 day ago #14955

I don't know what prize Dr. Freeman can qualify for, But I will say again I think he has saved or bettered millions of people.

For that, I award Greedfighter's Flying Middle Finger of Achievement Award :cheer: :+1:
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel

Nobel Prize? 8 years 1 day ago #14959

• fretboard
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Defender-Against Big Pharma!
  • Thank you received: 340
Well he can at minimum be one of Time magazine's most influential persons of 2016 but to me personally, he's more than that!! I'm sure he will be awarded something from one of the many medical councils. Maybe an award against Big Pharma!! He surely deserves it!! :+1:

G1a dx'd in 1992, Biopsy F2 VL 8mill +. Tried tx with Interferon/Riba, back in 2008 didn't last long it felt horribly ugly!! I stopped tx, after 5 weeks!!
Started tx 6/1/16 with Harvoni.
12 Month Labs= UND
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greedfighter

Nobel Prize? 8 years 1 day ago #14961

• beaches
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The life you save will be your own. START TREATMENT
  • Thank you received: 2254
Some Australia Day honour,definitely. Anyone can nominate
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed in 2004, had HCV for all my adult life. Until 2016!!!!
Harvoni treatment, started 19 March 2016
4 week results Bilirubin 12 down from 14 pre treatment,
Gamma 25 down from 52, ALT 19 down from 63, AST 19 down from 47,
VL <15 down from a lazy 6 million or so

EOT Results
Bilirubin 10, GGT 18, ALT 19, AST 21, VL UND

12 Weeks post EOT
Bilirubin 11, GGT 16, ALT 22, AST 20, VL UND
Cured baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annasnow, Donna

Nobel Prize? 8 years 1 day ago #14975

Australian of the Year perhaps!
Lives in Bendigo, Victoria
No prior treatment Genotype 1b Fibroscan 0 (only showed a bit of a fatty liver) Diagnosed in February 2015 Currently on my last week of treatment taking led/sof Last LFT normal
Insomnia the only side effect
Undetected at 4 weeks
SVR4 - undetected - all bloods good and GP very happy
SVR12 bloods to be done at end of April 2016
SVR12 - undetected!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, beaches, IRMA88, Annasnow, Donna
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC