Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

NZ Development 7 years 10 months ago #15560

This was posted today by Hepatitis C new Zealand and by the NZ Hepatitis Foundation.

l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww....11633327&h=mAQEk3wLe

Thats not a lot of money to go round for ALL the medications listed here. - just how much will this be allocated to treating Hep C? Much remains to be revealed. For those who are needing this medication the generic version/s are available right NOW and have been proven to be just as effective as the licensed product. if you want to get better asap and you have the means to do so then don't hesitate and lets not forget the TPPA.
SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy, pat1, Ariel, Lynne-Francis-facebook, Hazel

NZ Development 7 years 10 months ago #15561

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
Today I got an email from Pharmac, in response to a submission I sent, the day before I heard the momentous news about generics, last September. I'm G3 and was contemplating how to raise the money for the harvoni I was told I should take. 5 minutes on the internet showed me it should be sof /dac not sof/ led for me, particularly if it meant selling everything we have to get it.

Good Afternoon,

As a result of the Government’s budget announcement today, we have opened consultations on funding proposals for seven medicines, including the hepatitis C treatments ledipasvir with sofosbuvir (Harvoni), paritaprevir with ritonavir and ombitasvir copackaged with dasabuvir (Viekira Pak) and paritaprevir with ritonavir and ombitasvir copackaged with dasabuvir and ribavirin (Viekira Pak-RBV). Noting your previous response to PHARMACs request for information on hepatitis C treatments, we thought this may be of interest to you.

You can read about these proposals on our website. I have attached a copy of the hepatitis C treatments consultation for your reference.

We are seeking feedback on these proposals by 25 May 2016. Final decisions will be made by the PHARMAC Board in time for implementation from as early as 1 July 2016.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Kind regards,

So it looks like there will be a range of options for GT1's, but still no even mention of daclatisvir or anything as useful for GT3's. Kiwis could make submissions
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Ariel, Lynne-Francis-facebook, Tina-Hill-facebook

NZ Development 7 years 10 months ago #15562

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This is big news though- read through the consultation doc now and it looks like Viekira Pak for all GT1's no restrictions, wow! but nothing for G's2-6 at all until on transplant list. Pretty brutal division but must mean they are looking for something to fill that gap too. This is what they say about us, just this, in 6 pages:
"The proposals would not result in access to a registered funded treatment for patients with
hepatitis C of genotypes 2-6 who are early in their infection. Under the proposals, patients
with genotypes 2-6 would have access to a registered funded treatment should they develop
severe liver disease. We note that more treatments for patients with chronic hepatitis C are
in development, including treatments that would be suitable and registered for patients with
genotypes 2-6. PHARMAC continues to explore more options to widen treatment coverage
for those with hepatitis C."
By "early in their infection" they mean all the years before you get to transplant stage.
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Ariel, Lynne-Francis-facebook, Tina-Hill-facebook

NZ Development 7 years 10 months ago #15564

Looks promising. :)
SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel

NZ Development 7 years 10 months ago #15565

• Ariel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured, SVR 24
  • Thank you received: 3084
Well it's step closer to access for all I hope for y'all across the Tasman. The concept of "treat the most advanced" is controversial we all know.
With your lobbying and the data coming in from the DAAs globally I hope soon that all NZ HCV friends have access no matter what stage or complications.
Keep us up to date please ladies
This sounds good.
Hugs from Ariel
Gen 1a
Peg/inf/riba 2012(!) stop @ Wk 43 potassium low +issues (rlps week 4 post tx, VL120,000) scnds eg. adenomas.
pre sof/led VL 240,000 Fibsc F0
Day 25 <30
Day 32 UND
Week 10 UND
EOT UND ALT11AST17GGT19
SVR4 UND ALT10 AST16 GGT13
SVR8 UND ALT <9 AST16 GGT15
SVR12 UND ALT14 AST19 GGT12 Bili 5
EOT +18 ALT13 AST20 GGT9 Bili 5
EOT +21 ALT11AST15
Cured SVR12
Dysplasia Adenomas RemvdAug '16
SVR24 UND ALT11AST16
ColonoscopyClear Nov17
LumpectomyClear ‘18
LithotripsyCytoscopyBiopsy 4/18

NZ Development 7 years 10 months ago #15567

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
But look, it really does say no access criteria, and posted to your door direct by AbbVie. This is pretty good news for a lot of people.

" There would be no access criteria or restrictions for funded access to Viekira Pak
and Viekira Pak-RBV...............
In the case of Viekira Pak/Viekira Pak-RBV, it is proposed that a direct distribution
mechanism would be funded and managed by AbbVie Ltd and that the dispensing and
distribution of Viekira Pak/Viekira Pak-RBV would be as follows:
 In order to access funded treatment, in both the Community and in DHB Hospitals, a
request form specifying, amongst other matters, an address for delivery, along with a
prescription would be sent to PHARMAC’s Hep C Coordinator for processing.
 The Hep C Coordinator would then pass on the prescription and delivery address to
the distributor (and dispensing pharmacy) arranged by AbbVie Ltd. Patient
information would remain confidential between PHARMAC, the pharmacy and the
distributor to ensure that patient information is not disclosed to AbbVie Ltd.
 Viekira Pak/Viekira Pak-RBV would be delivered to the patient at the address
specified in the request form.
 AbbVie Ltd, would be required to ensure that patient counselling is offered by a
health professional to patients requiring advice and support on taking their Viekira
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy, Ariel

NZ Development 7 years 10 months ago #15571

Looks like Abb Vie has played the better hand and has trumped Gilead with a full house.
SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Ariel, Gaj, beaches, Hazel

NZ Development 7 years 10 months ago #15572

• Ariel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured, SVR 24
  • Thank you received: 3084
I lobbied Abbvie they were more responsive in their correspondence interesting. That was post peginf in my serious nagging period. Good stuff. Now for gen2-6... So what's your take on that ladies, moving forward is all good.
Hugs
Gen 1a
Peg/inf/riba 2012(!) stop @ Wk 43 potassium low +issues (rlps week 4 post tx, VL120,000) scnds eg. adenomas.
pre sof/led VL 240,000 Fibsc F0
Day 25 <30
Day 32 UND
Week 10 UND
EOT UND ALT11AST17GGT19
SVR4 UND ALT10 AST16 GGT13
SVR8 UND ALT <9 AST16 GGT15
SVR12 UND ALT14 AST19 GGT12 Bili 5
EOT +18 ALT13 AST20 GGT9 Bili 5
EOT +21 ALT11AST15
Cured SVR12
Dysplasia Adenomas RemvdAug '16
SVR24 UND ALT11AST16
ColonoscopyClear Nov17
LumpectomyClear ‘18
LithotripsyCytoscopyBiopsy 4/18

NZ Development 7 years 10 months ago #15611

Here is a radio interview with our favorite prof :P - Ed Gane about Pharmac's announcement to provide DAA treatment in New Zealand.

Today is a good day.

www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/mo...advance-for-patients
SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chapel, pat1, Ariel, Gaj, beaches

NZ Development 7 years 10 months ago #15637

• pat1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 977

hazelriannon wrote: This is big news though- read through the consultation doc now and it looks like Viekira Pak for all GT1's no restrictions, wow! ". We note that more treatments for patients with chronic hepatitis C are in development, including treatments that would be suitable and registered for patients with genotypes 2-6. PHARMAC continues to explore more options to widen treatment coverage for those with hepatitis C.".

This is exciting news moving forward for those with HCV in New Zealand. We wait to hear /read what follows. I agree it is interesting to learn that AbbVie have negotiated the deal and will deliver to your door! :+1: #duck #duck #duck :+1:
gt 1a VL 6m
F2/3 FibroScan - 9KPa in 2011 and 7KPa in 2015
sof/dac 10 December for 12 weeks
pre tx alt 85 ast 51
4 wk alt 34 ast 31 UND <35
8 wk alt 29 ast 32 UND <15
12wk alt 25 ast 25 EOT 3.3.16
SVR24 UND KPa5.3 F0 in normal range
I am well
.forever grateful to fixhepc
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches
  • Page: