• Page:

TOPIC:

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 7 years 10 months ago #17496

• Hazel
  • Hazel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
So much has happened, both to me and in the world in the past few months and I have learned so much, that it is useful for me to revisit how uninformed I was last September. When I arrived at this website I was really in a hurry, I had no interest in shopping or sitting back for a while and watching before I made a decision- I needed the meds ASAP and, pre- Redemption Trial, was very happy to be able to have an appointment/prescription with GP2U and to fly to Australia to collect through Buyers Club. The rest is history, and I now am regularly asked for advice on sourcing medication.

It must be confusing to new people who come here, because it is so fair and open, the Pharma’s Market is there, we know everyone is reliable, all the drugs work, and it must seem to those arriving here that there is not much difference. To really conquer HCV worldwide there has to be lots of participants and suppliers, and to stand up to Gilead there needs to be strength in numbers.

But there is a difference. Without fixhepc there would be no Pharma’s Market, no forum, no advice, no place to put all the news and information. Information! The massive content resource we have here, has been put there for us to learn from and add to.

Then comes Redemption Trial. To me it is the perfect model, with all the safety checks and balances that would reassure me, if I was starting again. The smooth ordering, medical support, FDA approval, door to door delivery and money back if not delivered. Ethically gathering all that important data and powerfully using that to really open up the world to the possibilities of generics. If I was conceptualising what the best possible way is to get generics to people, this would be it. If I was a doctor, nothing less than this model would satisfy me if prescribing.

Objectively, the fixhepc/Redemption Trial pathway to sourcing generics is the one that has provided a huge umbrella of credibility to all the other paths, particularly with the EASL clinical trial data that is so important. Got to acknowledge the tireless work of Greg etc contributing to that and spreading the word, reaching us and getting the job done. But step by step, from prescription to final SVR, it is the total package of support and safety, the help through Monk Med, the media presence- this has all been provided to the highest level by Dr James Freeman and his team, it hasn’t just sprung into being.
So while I am excited to see the growth in such a short time, when people ask me, as they do: if, knowing what I do now, and needing to start treatment- what would I do- (whilst acknowledging first world privilege)- my answer is I would do Redemption Trial through fixhepc, no question.
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 7 years 10 months ago #17499

• Vororo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1047
Very well said, Hazel!!

And very timely. In just a few months, thanks to the FixHepC web site, Dr James has shown the world that generics are safe, and that they can be made accessible to all.

(plus or minus just a few crazy customs regulations for the moment)

And all that, I am sure, is despite much opposition and threats behind the scenes that he only partially shares with us all on-line.

I want to propose everyone takes one minute of silence just to think again about the amazing thing Dr James has done here.
Diagnosed Jan 2015: GT3, A0+F0/F1. Fatigue + Brain-Fog.
Started Sof+Dac from fixHepC 10-Nov-2015. NO sides.
Pre-Tx: AST 82, ALT 133, Viral Load 1 900 000.
Week4: AST 47, ALT 58. VL < 15 (unquantifiable).
Week12 (EOT): AST 30, ALT 26, VL UND
Week16 (EOT+4): AST 32, ALT 28, GGT 24, VL UND
Week28 (EOT+16): AST 26, ALT 22, GGT 24, VL UND
Ever grateful to Dr James.

Relapsed somewhere after all that... Bummer!

Jan 2018: VL 63 000 (still GT3).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy, pat1, mgalbrai, Gaj, Tina-Hill-facebook, beaches, Hieupham, Hazel, MtGoat, Matt-Kenney-google, Meg, GT2, fitz

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 7 years 10 months ago #17627

"But there is a difference. Without fixhepc there would be no Pharma’s Market, no forum, no advice, no place to put all the news and information. Information! The massive content resource we have here, has been put there for us to learn from and add to."

Says it all.

My hoped for SVR 12 date is some weeks away on 5th July 2016. I was undetected in January while on treatment but decided to do no VL tests until 12 weeks EOT. Whatever comes SVR wise, comes. Gave it my best shot so to speak.

Getting rid of Hep C will be the best, but the information and sense of being human and having all the ill feelings experienced with the virus normalised by people sharing their experiences would make the treatment worth it anyway - even if the pills were M&M's.

Yours

Jeff
GT3a 1990 Failed Inter 1998, comb in 2000. HCC 2012
Started 24/52 Sof/Dac 27th October 2015.
1. Bloods 2 October 2015: AST - 165 (20-40), ALT - 265 (5-40), GGT 189 (5-50)
2, Bloods 20 November 2015: ALT etc normal; VL 19
3. Bloods 8 January 2016: AST - 40, ALT - 59, GGT 48 VL RNA UND
4. EOT 12 April 2016 - blood tests: all is well, CT scan: okay
5. AFP 11 June 2016: 4 ref< 11
6. VL July 2016: DET
7. Oct16 start treat - June17 UND
8. Jun 18, lfts okay, platelets a bit low.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, beaches, Hazel, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 7 years 10 months ago #17643

I "fourth" that emotion, Hazel.
I'm going to post your post on HepMag under a new topic: "FixHepC & REDEMTPTION: Affordable and Reliable".
I will even credit you!
m
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz, Sven

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 7 years 10 months ago #17644

Thanks Hazel :+1: :+1: you put into words what we ALL feel in our hearts. As you can see from the replies already posted here, we've all benefitted tremendously from Dr. J and this forum and more will if Mike has anything to say about it ;)
MK
GT1a; Got it some time in the 70's; Diagnosed @1976
Tx naive
METAVIR: A2-F2
SOT May 18, 2016: CMP: AST 162 ALT 241 VL 13000000
3 weeks after SOT: AST 27 ALT 31 VL 138
Reached EOT Aug. 10, 2016 / Received svr4 results Sept. 20, 2016: AST 22 ALT 24
Hep C RNA "NOT DETECTED"
AS OF 3/20/2017 ,Hep C RNA PCR "NOT DETECTED" THAT'S SVR24!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Hazel, fitz

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 7 years 10 months ago #17652

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks for the comments all.
What would be good is if we can make one every couple of days and keep this on the front page of the recent posts, so visitors and newcomers see it.
cheers H
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 7 years 10 months ago #17653

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mgalbrai wrote: I "fourth" that emotion, Hazel.
I'm going to post your post on HepMag under a new topic: "FixHepC & REDEMTPTION: Affordable and Reliabe".
I will even credit you!
m

better spell reliable right Mike, I am an awful pedant!! :P :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Matt-Kenney-google, fitz

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 6 years 11 months ago #24294

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bumping this back up- lots has changed, but all the above remains the same. Here is a couple of things I wanted to share:
This photo says it all. Parallel imported generic medication, legally imported with prescription and documents, arrives from the other side of the world to NZ. Package says contents "life saving goods" (which is an entirely fair translation of 'important medicine')
Someone gets to see their kids grow up without selling a house or robbing a bank to pay Big Pharma.
Thanks to Dr Freeman and the FixhepC team.
Also, here is good link from EASL: www.healio.com/hepatology/hepatitis-c/ne...or-patients-with-hcv
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, mgalbrai, Gaj, Matt-Kenney-google, Sven, Donna, Iain, Mnem

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 6 years 10 months ago #24644

• gypsy
  • Thank you received: 97
Absolutely!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 6 years 10 months ago #24677

• Donna
  • Thank you received: 215
I'm lucky......that I read a newspaper on a train that told me about this place! I was still in shock at the time at having been diagnosed with hep C. I'd probably had it since I was 20.... so for 28 years..... so last September I started my generic treatment....and all looks good.....I've also passed on my knowledge of fixhepc to someone who is getting treated now.... this site has been so good...lots of help and advice from you lovely people....Thank You ❤️
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, mgalbrai, Gaj, Sven, keith, Iain, Mnem

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 6 years 10 months ago #24708

• gypsy
  • Thank you received: 97
I live in U.S. and could not get any affordable help here. When I saw this site I was amazed at how easy it was from the beginning of going to GP2U to see Dr. Freeman to having all questions answered quickly, to get your medications through the Buyers Club to receiving it. I spent more time worrying for nothing. Without this trial I would not have been able to get help. I would not have known there were alternatives. So I highly praise everyone who do the leg work to help us!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Gaj, Sven, Donna, Iain

Why I recommend fixhepc/Redemption Trial 5 years 7 months ago #27072

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I like to look at this every so often and it has been a while :)
Again, lots changed but this stays the same. Here in Aotearoa/New Zealand we have treatment for all around the corner. The focus shifts to stigma, finding the undiagnosed, elimination.
I would like to thank FixhepC for acting so responsibly in saving those of us who couldn't wait, and providing the market forces that have enabled NZ to negotiate this deal for DAA's. This is a model for everywhere, use it, do it, tell politicians about it.
This is me at a GP conference on the weekend. A med student said "you're that buyers club rebel! you gave a talk to my dad, a doctor- he told us all about it. I love that story!"
So add inspiring young doctors to the list of gifts FixhepC has sent its neighbours. Maybe we should lend you a rugby coach.
Straighten me up please?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Vororo, Iain, hanknassi, vedruss, Mar
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC