• Page:

TOPIC:

Vietnam Veterans Blame Jetguns for their Hep C 8 years 2 months ago #10934

• Price
  • Price's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 342
Our first story on Veterans getting infected by jet guns.

www.ocregister.com/articles/jet-704093-hepatitis-veterans.html

(Want to see what a jet gun looks like? see attached)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Johnboy, mgalbrai, CJ, Gaj, Tina-Hill-facebook

Vietnam Veterans Blame Jetguns for their Hep C 8 years 2 months ago #10937

My next door neighbour told me that exact same story about a year ago. That's how he got infected with HCV.
HCV 35 yrs G1a F3 Tx naive
started Lesovir-C 15/12/2015
pre tx: VL 5,250,000 ALT 374 AST 208
FIBROSCORE 10.4

4 weeks tx ALT 29/ AST 33. VL < 12 UI/mL
8 weeks tx ALT 29/ AST 34. VL UND
4 weeks after tx UND. SVR4. ALT 24/AST 18
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Price

Vietnam Veterans Blame Jetguns for their Hep C 8 years 2 months ago #10993

Hi Price

Such a moving piece of journalism after reading it I went looking for pics of Jet guns and was well impressed with your study. It is unfathomable what these people had to endure - if going to Vietnam wasn't enough......
These people are lucky to have you in their corner and I hope each and everyone of them gets the treatment they need.
SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Price

Vietnam Veterans Blame Jetguns for their Hep C 8 years 2 months ago #11041

• Price
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
They've been saying it for years but they couldn't prove it. The VA has always blamed them for doing drugs and getting it that way. Now we have collected lots of evidence. Now it's our turn.

I already disproved the drug scenario. You see, the VA doctors did a large study with thousands of Veterans. Anybody who got hepatitis and turned yellow got admitted to the hospital for one month. Over 500 got jaundiced and got admitted to the hospital. Out of that number, guess how many had signs of using IV drugs?

That's right, NONE....and they can't question the source because it was their own study.

P
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Tina-Hill-facebook

Vietnam Veterans Blame Jetguns for their Hep C 8 years 2 months ago #11046

• Price
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Tina:
The first time I heard about Veterans was during a support group meeting when a speaker said Veterans had a high rate of hep C and asked how we thought they'd gotten it. Nobody answered so I guessed and said battle wounds, unsterile instruments and transfusions and the speaker said , "PP No! It was IV drugs". I felt sorry for them, like I had to somehow defend them and said that had I been in the middle of a horrible war maybe I too would have done drugs.

My only excuse is that I knew nothing about Veterans back then. Faced with the same comment now, my answer would be very different.

PP
P.S. At Xmas, my kids used to ask me what I wanted for a present. I always said, "A jet gun".and they laughed. I finally decided to get my own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tina-Hill-facebook

Vietnam Veterans Blame Jetguns for their Hep C 8 years 2 months ago #11051

• Price
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Great idea Tina. I attached a picture of a jet gun so people can see what one looks like.

P.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC