• Page:

TOPIC:

Gilead 7 years 6 months ago #21497

• DrJames
  • DrJames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Marty Two Bulls on Gilead's attempts to remove generic sofosbuvir from Ukraine.... www.msfaccess.org/content/letter-gilead-...c-sofosbuvir-ukraine

YMMV
Attachments:

Gilead 7 years 5 months ago #22043

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
Something happened with the guns from Gillead. Just checked on Yahoo the shares of Gilead and it is currently at 76.32 USD (I think the lowest value in the last 2 years). If they continue like this, there will be no longer money for buying the ammo. :evil:

Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD)
Add to watchlist

NasdaqGS - NasdaqGS Real Time Price. Currency in USD
76.31-1.26 (-1.62%)
As of 2:38 PM EDT. Market open.
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, beaches, fitz, Sven

Gilead 7 years 5 months ago #22076

• Sven
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1213

rohcvfighter wrote: Something happened with the guns from Gillead. Just checked on Yahoo the shares of Gilead and it is currently at 76.32 USD (I think the lowest value in the last 2 years). If they continue like this, there will be no longer money for buying the ammo. :evil:

Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD)
Add to watchlist

NasdaqGS - NasdaqGS Real Time Price. Currency in USD
76.31-1.26 (-1.62%)
As of 2:38 PM EDT. Market open.

Yes I saw Gilead sciences is dropping steadily. I hope it's people starting to look elsewhere and not buying a drug that costs a thousand times more than you can now buy in other countries for 99% less.
Greed is not good no matter what Gordon Gecko says ! :)
Contracted HCV 1980's
Geno Type 1a
F3 ( doc says once treated I'll be F2 maybe F1)
Meds shipped 6/17/2016 arrived early 7/2016

Viral count - 3,471,080

4 week quantitative bloods: August 17, 2016. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

8 week quantitative bloods: September 14th. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

11 week PCR RNA Qualitative bloods: September 26th 2016 - Undetected

December 19th 2016: Cured!
Viral count: zero!!!
2018 viral count: still zero!
Cured!
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches, fitz

Gilead 7 years 5 months ago #22132

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured with generic DAAs. Hep C kills. Treat now!
  • Thank you received: 1816
Gilead's stock price (IMO) is suffering from a case of 'bad math'. In the US alone, there are 3.5 million with Hep C - and the number is probably double that in all reality.

Currently, US health insurance companies are dropping like flies from the Obamacare exchanges, which means that although the rate of infection (thanks to, ignorance, an IV drug epidemic, and Gilead's current predatory pricing) is increasing, it is impossible to increase treatment numbers because the (cash) pipelines are quickly drying up. Add to that increasing competition in the HCV market from Gilead's big pharma competitors, and the writing is on the wall.

Just for fun - because it is unlikely to happen - lets say Gilead decided to lower the price of treatment to $100 a week for a 12 week course of treatment, from the current $7,830 a week, and the US government rolled out and HCV eradication program like it did with Polio and Smallpox eradication.

Dr Freeman has estimated the cost of making a full 12 week course of treatment at around $100. To keep the math simple, we'll use that number as our cost figure. Then imagine that at a profit of $1,100 per treatment, Gilead sold 7 million treatments in the US alone.

That's a return of 77 billion, on a what - $11 billion dollar investment? Gilead could scoop the competition, and completely capture the market.

Hell, if they could roll it out worldwide - that's easily 180 million times $1,100.

Just my humble opinion, but this will happen eventually. Don't know if the big phama bean counters read this blog, but if they do the answer to their profitability problems is all right there, as plain as the nose on their face.

Their problem is, they cant put their short sighted greed aside long enough to make their shareholders some real money!
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
2 Week Results 20 June, 2016 AST 19, ALT 32
4 Week Results 06 July, 2016 AST 22, ALT 30, VL = 35
6 Week Results 20, July 2016 VL only = HCV RNA Detected, Non-Quantifiable <15
8 Week Results 04 August 2016, Labs, LFTs Normal, VL = UND
12 Week Results 31 August, 2016 LFTs Normal, VL = UND
EOT + 4 Weeks, LFTs Normal, VL = UND, "SVR4"
SVR12, 21 Nov 2016. CURED!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vororo, beaches, rohcvfighter, Donna

Gilead 7 years 5 months ago #22144

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Fitz,

To us, the 7.7 billions that Gilead would make on the US market sounds as an astronomical amount of money, but in the pharmaceuticals business field and for Big Pharma it is most probably a small amount by compare with the potential of the market (multiply the 7 million people from US from your estimation with 94000$ and you will obtain 658 bn). I think the shareholders would dismiss immediately a CEO who would dare to significantly reduce the prices. In the absence of strong pressures and under the umbrella of the patent, G. may and will continue to ask whatever price wants.

The only real thing that can change this status quo is for people to know more and more about the cure provided by generic drugs.

Cheers,
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Gilead 7 years 5 months ago #22152

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I completely agree with regard to generics RHF. They are saving both our lives!

The sad fact is that at the rate people in the US are receiving treatment, most Americans currently infected with HCV will probably die of the disease without ever receiving treatment, and Gilead, and their big pharma competitors would no doubt allow it to happen.

For most of us, including myself, generics are the ONLY viable option. So glad I found my way here!

I'm not at all sure that big pharma shareholders would so quickly dismiss a worldwide HCV eradication rollout..

As for Gilead's current share prices, the US insurance marketplace they were counting on to shore up profits is collapsing. Their current pricing and profit structure is a house built upon sand, and they know it.
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven

Gilead 7 years 5 months ago #22165

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Even though the following article should belong to the thread related to MdM, I will post the link to the following article here:
"Gilead may lose Sovaldi's European Patent"
www.investopedia.com/news/gilead-may-los...r=YahooSA&yptr=yahoo

Even though we debated about this news on the MdM thread, it is so nice to see this news on Investopedia :). Hopefully other bigger website will publish also the news about the patent situation in Europe.

Cheers,
RHF
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vororo, beaches, Hieupham, fitz

Gilead 7 years 5 months ago #22169

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
:cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC