Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 7 years 3 months ago #23234

Hi,
I recently tested positive for Hepatitis c gt3. Me and my wife wife were planning to have a baby but all are dreams got shattered after this news. Anyways my Fibrotest score is F0 , Normal LFT's, Viral load is 211000, Liver is clean on Ultrasound and sometimes I feel pain under my rib cage . I live in Canada and i only qulaify for Government aided medicines if i am F2. My doctor has advised me Sofobuvir 400 mg Daklinza 60mg and ribavirin 600mg twice daily.
According to the clnical trials Ribavirin in only given to patients who have advance fibrosis or mild cirrohcis.Just wanted to get expert opinion if it is also a standard treatment protocol.
I tried getting these medicines from India and I am getting MYHEP, MYDacla from Mylan Pharma.Just wondering if these generic medicines are equally good as branded.

Also would epclusa be better for me keeping in view my genotype and medical situation. I would really appreciate any expert advise.

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 7 years 3 months ago #23235

Actually its Fibroscan which is F0

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 7 years 3 months ago #23237

• Donna
  • Thank you received: 215
Hi I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis of being positive for Hep C
Back in March I received the same shattering news.....
Then on 5 th September I started on the generic medications, bought from MonksMed.....
Finished treatment on 28 th November....
YES these medications work exactly the same as the ones that cost £35.000 in the U.K.
Do not wait..... I didn't
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 7 years 3 months ago #23238

• Donna
The NHS in U.K. Also have rules where I couldn't access treatment until my fibro scan was 9.5
I was lower than that and didn't qualify....unless I wanted INTERFERON

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 7 years 3 months ago #23239

• Donna
My messages keep getting cut short.....
I'm writing a long reply and it's getting cut to a sentence
The following user(s) said Thank You: ALIKHAN, gypsy

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 7 years 3 months ago #23245

Thanks for sharing the details. Could you forward me the link for monksmed. Also did you go overseas to get the medicines or you got it delivered?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 7 years 3 months ago #23246

• Donna
I went on the Redemption Trials... and I got my meds delivered to UK... I found the link on this site...

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 7 years 3 months ago #23247

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Hi ALIKHAN,

Here is the Redemption trial link. fixhepc.com/redemption-imagine-freedom-from-hepatitis-c

Monkmed provide FixHepC with support for these trials. www.monkmed.com/redemption/

As a registered clinical trial, Redemption medications can be delivered to Canada. clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02657694

Hope this assists.
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Paul-Jarman-facebook, MonkMed, fitz, Donna

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 7 years 3 months ago #23248

• Donna
thanks Gaj Im not very good on IT stuff like posting links etc :+1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 7 years 3 months ago #23256

Hi there, I can also totally recommend Dr Freeman of Fix HepC and Dr Debasis of Monkmed (contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) - and am now eternally grateful to be SVR12.

These are the most professional, kindest and reliable people to contact,

Best of luck , I'm sure you'll be fine if you contact either or both of the above (they are a team, but different time-zones).

LG
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Archer, coral, Gaj, MonkMed, fitz

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 7 years 3 months ago #23294

I completely agree - don't even hesitate! The people I dealt with were very helpful and lovely :cheer: I couldn't believe how easy it was. Nearly two months into treatment now and feel better than I have in a very long time. Itchy skin nearly gone, energy back and don;t need to sleep all the time. Go for it :+1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, MonkMed, fitz

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 6 years 10 months ago #24553

• gypsy
  • Thank you received: 97
Good luck Donna!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames

Recently tested positive for HCV genotype 3 age 38 need advise 6 years 10 months ago #24640

• gypsy
  • Thank you received: 97
Yes they are just as good. They are tested and make sure they come from reliable sources. I am on my first round of generic Epiclusa which I would not be able to afford in U.S. I highly recommend taking these medications. The only difference is they are not charging $90,000 for one course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Mnem
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC