Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Off to a great start 7 years 3 months ago #23302

• Leesa
  • Leesa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 35
Can't resist giving myself a small "shout out" as took my latest blood results to my GP today and he said my ALT and AST counts are now back in the normal range :woohoo: Not even two months into my treatment and what an amazing result. No wonder I am feeling so blimmen great :+1:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Ariel, Gaj, Hieupham, splitdog, Fara, fitz, doxner

Off to a great start 7 years 3 months ago #23303

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
There's no doubt that for many patients the impact of treatment is remarkable.

Best of luck for SVR!
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, Gaj, Fara, fitz

Off to a great start 7 years 3 months ago #23306

• Leesa
  • Leesa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 35
"Remarkable" is a huge understatement in terms of how I feel. :woohoo: Literally cannot believe it. Was amusing showing my local GP the latest blood test figures. He has struggled with concept of importing generic medicines and how it can be allowed and passed thru our very strict customs. but was no hiding he could not believe latest test results (nor did he be-grudge my results - but he interestingly - did not feel comfortable recommending to other Hep C patients.) This makes me feel sad for all those that do not know about this very positive change for us Hep C sufferers. Cannot be grateful enough to Fix Hep C team and MonkMed for making this available to those of us without large financial support - defies common human decency to our species that this cure is not available to everyone worldwide that is effected. As a recipient of this I am eternally grateful plus feeling very bloody good haha :P
I have noticed there are few from NZ on this site. If you are from our "Aotearoa" and unsure or have any queries please feel free to contact me. I am a "straight shooter" who will give an honest opinion from my experiences.
Thanks are not words enough for Dr Freeman & the Fix Hep C team and Monk med for even offering this opportunity. From my dealings with professionals thru this journey I have very much come to the conclusion that the doctors who are responsible for us having the opportunity to cure Hep C are without doubt leaders in their field and should be applauded for their brave stance in face of drug companies and their monopoly on cures! Not sure if my comments are appropriate given PC world we live in but as a "human" I have no hesitation sharing my experiences with this "illness" that effects so many.
Reason for my "rant" is I asked my doctor if he tells his other Hep C patients about this option and he eventually admitted he didn't. Makes me feel like taking ad in local paper :idea:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Paul-Jarman-facebook, Ariel, Gaj, Hieupham, MonkMed, Fara, fitz
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC