Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

REDEMPTION 4 - Epclusa - 12 week course - Experience 5 years 4 months ago #27446

Omgg, just reading these I can relate so much because when I was first diagnosed with Hep C I was 4 months pregnant and It was just so devastating to hear and I was so terrified my son would be Infected too and the guilt I have carried from that was so overwhelming, But Ive had him tested 3 times since he was born In June 2016 and his test results have been negative, by the grace of god!!! Should I continue to get him checked a couple more times??
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

REDEMPTION 4 - Epclusa - 12 week course - Experience 5 years 4 months ago #27447

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
It is very hard to transmit Hep C without blood to blood contact, so a mother giving it to a child after the bloody events of birth is very rare.

The easiest thing for peace of mind is for you to get treated and SVR12. Check your son one last time at that time. If no antibodies then you have been non-infectious for well over the incubation time and there is no chance your son will come up positive.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar, Jessica-Copeland-google
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC