• Page:

TOPIC:

Australia and the ANZUS alliance 8 years 4 months ago #2758

• miko3
  • miko3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52
Australia along with NZ is a member of an alliance with the USA called the ANZUS alliance.
The aim is that if any member is attacked one of the others will come to its rescue.It has led Australia to blindly follow the Americans into a succession of stupid,costly conflicts that have resulted in the deaths of millions of innocent people,Vietnam,Iraq,Afghanistan,Syria etc.Apart from Whitlam we have never had a leader with the guts to “Shirtfront the Americans”.
Many serious defence analysts have doubts as to whether the Americans would ever come to our aid if it weren't in their immediate interests.
Well the truth is 250000 of our citizens are under attack and in danger of being killed.
But its by a virus rather than a bullet.
The difference between a killer virus and a bullet is only semantics.
This is a quote from a post by Dr F elsewhere on the forum.I hope he doesn't mind.

"Dr Miriam Levy, the director of gastroenterology at Sydney's Liverpool Hospital, told the conference on Thursday that the recent decision by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) to refuse subsidies for a breakthrough treatment for Hepatitis C had effectively delivered a death sentence to up to 50,000 Australians who would die from the disease in the next few years".

Have the Americans rushed to our aid.Well,only at a price that will bankrupt our PBS,and only further their own greed.
So why don't we dump the ANZUS alliance.There is no danger of the chinese invading Australia.
They can simply buy it,and they are.Its up for sale-cheap.A lot less messy,and an infusion of the Confusian ethic itnto Australian culture could have some positive benefits.And Mesochem could set up a factory here.
Oh,I know,its not that simple!
Gen 1b 40yrs,tx naive, f3/f4.VL too high to quantify.
Started tx 12Oct.sof and riba India via greg.Dac from Mesochem.
4wk result virus not detected,all liver functions in normal ranges.
Only SE intermittent insomnia.Feel great and grateful otherwise

Australia and the ANZUS alliance 8 years 4 months ago #2761

Semantics in this instants my friend is important. Alas. its corporations who hold all cards. A caption came thru on facebook the other day- a GI clutching an assault rifle- it read "I fought for Capitalism not Democracy. Why would we want Mesochem here, they would have to play by our rules? Mesochem is proving to be reliable. They will have a first class world reputation at the end of this. And good on them. Insight into government holding back life saving medication should send warning bells to the rest of the population.kindly

Australia and the ANZUS alliance 8 years 4 months ago #2768

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Hi Miko3,

I feel your frustrations and anger, but believe they are misdirected here. This isn't about nationalities or even political systems and calling it for that can only be devisive. From what I'm aware both our American and Chinese hepc+ friends (some of whom are members here) are often actually in a worst situation than we Aussies and Kiwis are with regard to support and treatment.

The real issue is the greed being shown by big pharma which in some instances, yes, may have it's corporate HQ in U.S........... or Europe ............or wherever they can get the best tax deal.

Rather than your suggestion, I would like to see citizens all over the world working together to put pressure on their respective governments to tell big pharma & it's shareholders......ENOUGH!!!!
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joy, LondonGirl

Australia and the ANZUS alliance 8 years 4 months ago #2769

• zhuk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 502
Definitely GAJ - corporate greed knows no borders.
GT1a since 1988, diagnosed 1990
F0, tx naive
VL 262,000 ALT 40 AST 26 GGT 13 Fibroscan 04/12/15 - 2.9
Started Mesochem sof/dac 12 weeks 01/01/2016
11/02/2016 - 6 weeks UNDETECTED
AST 26
ALT 26

Australia and the ANZUS alliance 8 years 4 months ago #2773

• crazy8
  • Thank you received: 29
It's not the US that's denying victims affordable treatment, their citizens and government are being held to ransom along with the rest of the world, US tax dollars went to the scientist which helped him develop sofosbuvir who then sold his discovery to gilead, What the real problem is, is that no regulatory law exists that can crush this immoral price gouging from happening, a fair price is a fair price but I think all can agree that that is far removed from this situation, it's all about money and how much they can pocket, the suffering of people is strictly minutiae to what is just blatant profiteering.
GT 3, F3, Contracted 1993 Tx Naive
V/L 1,267,000 AST 67 ALT 65 6/10/15
commence Sof/Dac (Mesochem) 6/11/15
AST ALT normal 24/11 *
*V/L UNDETECTED 24/11*
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Gaj
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC