Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Gaining weight on treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24689

There are people(inf from my doctor) reporting going up pounds/Kilograms during treatment, including me. during 11 of 12 weeks treatment i gain about 9 kg, and i really become fatigued by that. The simple "may" answer to that is: high virus load take a lot of energy, when the virus load decreases the metabolism is changed(but my habit not) and the result gain weight. G1a for 25+ years feeding those C-cells needed a higher intake of food, than i need now.

I hope i can adjust my diet to the new virus free life, and feed only myself on a healthy way.

edit: this belongs to category "patient stories"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iain

Gaining weight on treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24690

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Done. :)

During treatment last year I gained about 7-8 kilos over 24 weeks. I did notice I was enjoying the taste of food more :+1: but that I was continually hungry even shortly after a meal. I was also capable of eating a fattier diet (still healthy) than previously which may have had some effect. In my case it took a few months to get back to normal weight but I did seem to lose the constant urge to eat somewhere along the way.
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Cronholm, Iain, Mnem

Gaining weight on treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24711

Thank Gaj :)

Good to hear you managed to revert to a more normal weight and function of the digestion system(the urge/hunger part).
I have about the same feelings(taste/urge) and thoughts about it, that's why I asked mi doctor about if its normal to gain weight during treatment. and possibly what causing it.

seems to be several factors involved that raises weight, maybe someone has the opposite side effect; loosing weight during treatment. loss off appetite etc.

btw last pill this day :cheer:

Gaining weight on treatment 6 years 10 months ago #24717

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Here is a copy of my eBook about weight loss

HTH

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

YMMV
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cronholm
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC