• Page:

TOPIC:

Wikipedia - let's update it 7 years 11 months ago #16141

• DrJames
  • DrJames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I am a little surprised about just how slowly the news about generics is spreading. You would think that "affodable cure for fatal disease that infects hundreds of millions" would be more interesting than celebrity plastic surgery but apparently not!

Wikipedia is a worldwide reference source. They are careful to avoid being used for product advertising but there is information, rather than advertising, that people should be able to find on it, that currently does not exist.

If you have some free time please do this:

1) Register an account

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Speci...ue&campaign=loginCTA

2) Learn about the page markup language. This is called MediaWiki, and here is a tutorial:

www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Editing

3) Look for Hep C pages, Harvoni pages, Sofosbuvir pages, etc and update them with relevant mentions of generics.

While you earn trust on Wikipedia small edits work best. References to this site, Greg Jefferys, EASL's commentary on generics would all seem to be relevant information to patients with Hep C.

Pages in non english languages are likely to be the most out of date, for example the Romanian page on HCV talks about Interferon/Ribavirin as the treatment so is at least 4 years out of date.

We have the power to fix hep C. Do we have the will power to get the message out there?
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Vororo, mgalbrai, Gaj, re_roll, Matt-Kenney-google, rohcvfighter, Meg

Wikipedia - let's update it 7 years 11 months ago #16142

Sounds like a plan to me
WikiMike
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Meg

Wikipedia - let's update it 7 years 11 months ago #16163

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
Indeed an interesting idea.
Writing articles or updating information is not a straightforward process, rather it demands a little bit of study and practice.
I read once on a forum that someone complain that Wikipedia was not publishing his/her article and was thinking on a conspiracy theory.
I was thinking at that time, why that person missed some simple facts that were written on the first page when trying to create a Wikipedia article:
"This page in a nutshell: New articles should follow some guidelines: the topic should be notable (i.e. it should have some detailed coverage in good references from independent sources). Wikipedia is an encyclopedia – not something else. Please respect copyright law and avoid defamatory content. Feel free to be bold and create the article with a limited knowledge of norms here, but other editors might choose to delete it if it's not seen as belonging."
or
Keep in mind that if the article is not acceptable, it will be deleted quickly. Wikipedia has a new pages patrol division where people check new articles shortly after creation.

What does this mean? It means that the information presented on Wikipedia needs to meet Wikipedia's acceptance criteria otherwise it will be rejected. I would advise to invest firstly time to learn & understand under which form the information needs to be prepared and posted.
Couple of things that are important for Wikipedia (this is only a short view) to see for the information being posted:
- notability of the subject (if a new article is created)
- credibility of the information (information must/should come from reliable sources and must be verifiable)
- neutrality - being an encyclopedia, Wikipedia do not like its space to be used for advocacy/militancy/publicity, etc. Wikipedia wants that the information posted is of an encyclopedic nature/character.
- references -> you do need to provide references for the information you are posting, otherwise it will be deleted or edited by other editors (perhaps you would not like to see that your information was edited and given perhaps another meaning).

I hope I am not "scaring" people to write on Wikipedia, rather I believe it does make sense to document about the "Howto" before "writing into".

Also interesting to read is this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Editing_policy
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Gaj, re_roll, Hazel, Matt-Kenney-google

Wikipedia - let's update it 7 years 11 months ago #16164

• Vororo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1047
Following Jame's advice on starting by making small updates to existing wiki pages, here's a start!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyers_club

I am an absolute newbie on wikipedia but if anyone wants to collaborate on making a top level Wiki page for FixHepC, please PM me.
Diagnosed Jan 2015: GT3, A0+F0/F1. Fatigue + Brain-Fog.
Started Sof+Dac from fixHepC 10-Nov-2015. NO sides.
Pre-Tx: AST 82, ALT 133, Viral Load 1 900 000.
Week4: AST 47, ALT 58. VL < 15 (unquantifiable).
Week12 (EOT): AST 30, ALT 26, VL UND
Week16 (EOT+4): AST 32, ALT 28, GGT 24, VL UND
Week28 (EOT+16): AST 26, ALT 22, GGT 24, VL UND
Ever grateful to Dr James.

Relapsed somewhere after all that... Bummer!

Jan 2018: VL 63 000 (still GT3).
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Joy, LondonGirl, mgalbrai, Gaj, re_roll, Hazel, Matt-Kenney-google

Wikipedia - let's update it 7 years 11 months ago #16168

I'm with you Wullie, hoe, rake and overalls.
4 more days and the final school bell of the year will signal summer break.
I will be doing my "Michael Corleone in Sicily" routine, but in rural Romania.
Lots of quality quiet time for a quintessential quest.
I will bump up my data plan for the trip.
M-1
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vororo, re_roll, Meg

Wikipedia - let's update it 7 years 11 months ago #16180

• Vororo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1047
Hmmm, seems like a "WikiGnome" (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiGnome) has tidied up my edits to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyers_club (a direct external link to www.fixhepc.com is not allowed).

Like GreedFighter says, there going to be a learning curve on how to present the facts in an acceptable (mainly neutral way) there.

But at least "FixHepC" is now into the matrix ...
Diagnosed Jan 2015: GT3, A0+F0/F1. Fatigue + Brain-Fog.
Started Sof+Dac from fixHepC 10-Nov-2015. NO sides.
Pre-Tx: AST 82, ALT 133, Viral Load 1 900 000.
Week4: AST 47, ALT 58. VL < 15 (unquantifiable).
Week12 (EOT): AST 30, ALT 26, VL UND
Week16 (EOT+4): AST 32, ALT 28, GGT 24, VL UND
Week28 (EOT+16): AST 26, ALT 22, GGT 24, VL UND
Ever grateful to Dr James.

Relapsed somewhere after all that... Bummer!

Jan 2018: VL 63 000 (still GT3).
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai

Wikipedia - let's update it 7 years 10 months ago #17611

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
a small update: if someone visits today the Romanian Wikipedia pages for Hep C will note that the medication was recently updated and it does include the DAAs. One will also note that there exist pages for Sofosbuvir and Harvoni (quite fresh).
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Wikipedia - let's update it 7 years 10 months ago #17614

• fitz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured with generic DAAs. Hep C kills. Treat now!
  • Thank you received: 1816
:+1:

Link please! We English speakers can use google translate to take a look at it.
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
2 Week Results 20 June, 2016 AST 19, ALT 32
4 Week Results 06 July, 2016 AST 22, ALT 30, VL = 35
6 Week Results 20, July 2016 VL only = HCV RNA Detected, Non-Quantifiable <15
8 Week Results 04 August 2016, Labs, LFTs Normal, VL = UND
12 Week Results 31 August, 2016 LFTs Normal, VL = UND
EOT + 4 Weeks, LFTs Normal, VL = UND, "SVR4"
SVR12, 21 Nov 2016. CURED!!!

Wikipedia - let's update it 7 years 10 months ago #17620

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
:)
ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatit%C4%83_C#Medica.C8.9Bie
ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sofosbuvir
ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir

A note of caution: Google Translate makes a kind of funny or foggy translation....
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC