Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Gilead Share Price Clobbered 7 years 2 months ago #23535

• fitz
  • fitz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured with generic DAAs. Hep C kills. Treat now!
  • Thank you received: 1816
www.investors.com/news/technology/gilead...late-nash-hiv-units/

My opinion - this is what happens when a lifesaving drug is priced out of reach for the majority of patients who could benefit from it.
Failed Interferon 96', G1a, VL = 9 - 5.5 Million, F3/A3, AST 111, ALT 190, Generic DAA treatment Sof/Led (Mylan - India MYHEP LVIR) - 8 June, 2016
2 Week Results 20 June, 2016 AST 19, ALT 32
4 Week Results 06 July, 2016 AST 22, ALT 30, VL = 35
6 Week Results 20, July 2016 VL only = HCV RNA Detected, Non-Quantifiable <15
8 Week Results 04 August 2016, Labs, LFTs Normal, VL = UND
12 Week Results 31 August, 2016 LFTs Normal, VL = UND
EOT + 4 Weeks, LFTs Normal, VL = UND, "SVR4"
SVR12, 21 Nov 2016. CURED!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven

Gilead Share Price Clobbered 7 years 2 months ago #23540

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263

My opinion - this is what happens when a lifesaving drug is priced out of reach for the majority of patients who could benefit from it.

I wish it was true!

To my thinking the heart of the matter is that Big Pharma has been strangling the geese that lay the golden eggs for years, rather than carefully nurturing them.

Actually a better analogy is "over grazing" or "over fishing" - as a profit strategy it works for a while but the incessant price hikes of both new and old medications have effectively tapped out the available pool of insurance and government dollars. This has almost certainly been going on forever but the pace has recently ramped up rapidly, so rapidly that we (as in patients and legislators) have noticed.

It's a bit like boiling a frog - if you put it in cold water and steadily increase the heat it won't jump out and will eventually get cooked, but if you try to drop it into boiling water it will jump straight out. The slow and steady price hikes of years gone by went by the wayside, but recent events have been so egregious that people are starting to notice. Patients are wanting drugs that legislators don't have the cash to fund.

YMMV
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, mgalbrai, Paul-Jarman-facebook, Gaj, Greedfighter, fitz, Sven, nads

Gilead Share Price Clobbered 7 years 2 months ago #23543

IMO, Gilead and others will keep their drugs priced high in order to keep earnings projections high. Once their stock finally collapses in price, they will cut the price substantially, and insurance companies will start to treat more patients, which will cause the stock to rally and the executives can sell their stock and make millions again. For Gilead executives it's all about cashing out their stock and options. They can only sell so many shares in a given time period. They simply have no concern for patients. Neither do the other drug companies.
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-Jarman-facebook, fitz, Sven
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC