The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Geelong Liver Clinic is now Generic friendly 8 years 4 months ago #4653

• Vicki
  • Vicki's Avatar Topic Author
  • Geno type 3b. On sof/dac for 12 weeks.
  • Thank you received: 39
A while back I reported to the forum that I was the 1st Generic Rebel to attend the Geelong Liver Clinic and was met with scorn and disapproval.

I'm happy to report that I had an excellent experience at the clinic yesterday and they're up to speed with the Generic revolution.

So residents of this area can now approach with confidence, they're ready and waiting to help.

*By the way, I'm on the last week of treatment and feeling fabulous. No virus detected at week 4, liver function tests are all hunky dory. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Alsdad, Joy, Paul-Jarman-facebook, Lynne-Francis-facebook, zhuk, Another Attempt

Geelong Liver Clinic is now Generic friendly 8 years 4 months ago #4659

Thats great news on two fronts Vicki your a trailblazer :)
Two time relapser.

SVR 4 achieved 12/16 at last
SVR 12 achieved 22/02/2017 The Bastard has been defeated :):):)

GT 3 - about 28 yrs with HCV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicki, Another Attempt

Geelong Liver Clinic is now Generic friendly 8 years 4 months ago #4668

It's amazing what seeing those positive (or should I say negative!) results with their own eyes can do. No matter what they've read about it in the medical journals. As soon as that happens, if they have a skerrick of humanity about them, they will embrace generics with open arms. Likewise, any hospital that remains resistant after seeing the results you can assume is staffed by people with cold, dead souls.

One of the most refreshing things I have found about hep c treatment is the genuine excitement of the health care workers when they see for themselves how good these drugs are. I get the impression that almost as much for us, it is for them a breath of fresh air, a genuine medical breakthrough, that shines light into a job that comes with a fair share of discouragement and hopelessness.
Huon Valley, Tasmania
Hep C+ since 1980s
Genotype 1b
F3/4
VL 480,000
Started Indian Sof and Riba, BMS Dac (comp access) 28 August 2015
UND at 4 weeks
Finished treatment 19 November 2015
12 February 2016 UND SVR12
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicki, Gaj

Geelong Liver Clinic is now Generic friendly 8 years 4 months ago #4684

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Great results Vicki, both for your health and also for other hepers in the Geelong region.

As more hospitals take this approach the more pressure it puts on the holdouts to start providing the healthcare that is their charter.

G
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicki

Geelong Liver Clinic is now Generic friendly 8 years 4 months ago #4701

Glad to hear they are on board Vicki....so glad you are feeling so well. I had my blood test (4 week) done yesterday and the lady that took the blood had no idea that Hep C was even curable. We had a discussion about the Buyers Club and the generics and she was mighty impressed with the process. Said she would "spread the word"! I do hope I have no virus detected and good LFT. Just getting a bit nervous I guess. Hopefully the Bendigo Base Liver Clinic will help out patients as well with monitoring however I am still waiting for my appt (18 month wait so only a few months to go) :) I will ring once my results are in to let them know I no longer need the appointment and speak to the Hep Nurse about my journey.

Will post my results once they come in.

Cheers
Lives in Bendigo, Victoria
No prior treatment Genotype 1b Fibroscan 0 (only showed a bit of a fatty liver) Diagnosed in February 2015 Currently on my last week of treatment taking led/sof Last LFT normal
Insomnia the only side effect
Undetected at 4 weeks
SVR4 - undetected - all bloods good and GP very happy
SVR12 bloods to be done at end of April 2016
SVR12 - undetected!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicki
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC