Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26202

Hey guus. My names Nick I'm 22 years old and I believe to have had this virus since I was about 15. I hate myself for doing the making such naive decisions when I was a teen, but now I have 2 kids and a wife and I really want to do someshing about this. I go see a doctor the 17th for the very first time to discuss my virus. The only reason I even know I have the virus is because my school was doing a blood bank event and I participated. Later on they called and said I had the virus. Being a kid I neglected the virus and now I have just started to get the itches associated with the virus. I'm really scared. Not for me but for my kids, they need a father. I have insurance but I doubt they will cover the meds because I'm young and healthy still. I am also afraid of losing my money trying to buy meds online, it would consist of all of my savings.
My question is though how long does it take usually from start to finishing to get a prescription from my local doctor? I have waited to long to cure this and want to get on it ASAP!
Thank you so much.
Contracted 2011
Gen 3
VL 13000
Treatment Start Date: SOON
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, mgalbrai, Hazel, rightsaidfred, hanknassi, Mar, Cristine123

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26204

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi Nick,

Sorry to hear you have the virus. On the good news side:
  1. It is generally pretty simple to get rid of it
  2. You are unlikely to have any lasting damage from it
  3. You are unlikely to have given it to either your wife or children

In other words, don't panic.

In terms of access to the medications (this being government/insurance) subsidised access it depends entirely on what country you are in.

If you were in Australia you could see me this afternoon, get a prescription, and probably start treatment tomorrow.

If you are in countries like the UK, USA, and Canada then treatment is available, but it is currently rationed based on all sorts of criteria, but typically you need to be at least a bit sick with the virus to get access. The downside of this is that it means young well people with Hep C are typically being forced to wait for treatment.

So, your plan A should be to see your local doctor, get the genotype, viral load and fibrosis testing done and then work out if, in your local area, you meet the local requirements for treatment.

If you don't then a possible solution is to pay for your own treatment using self-imported generics. We do a lot of that here for patients around the world. I see patients online by video and make the correct prescription. I do need to see your blood results but the bottom line is you can get treated for under $1500 USD including all the medications and testing.

Definitely go for the "free" stuff first, but if you can't get it that way... it can be done anyway.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, mgalbrai, hanknassi, Mar, Nick-Campfield-facebook

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26205

• rightsaidfred
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • G3a infected 40 years ago
  • Thank you received: 326
Hi Nick,

Welcome to this forum. Everything you need is here and some very nice people too. It shouldn't take long to get the bloods you need and perhaps a fibroscan and then you can have a think about your options.

All the best,

RSF
G3a. Probably infected 40 years ago.
Diagnosed July 2015
7/7/2015: ALP 69, ALT 209, WBC 5.8, VL 40,000. Fibroscan 9.5 Kpa.
Commenced treatment Sof/Dac (Natco Pharma) 24 wks in Feb 16
VL UND @ 4 wks, 12 wks

EOT 6/7/16
SVR 12
SVR 24

PHEW! Thank you so much Dr James, Monkmeds and all at Fixhepc
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar, Nick-Campfield-facebook

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26209

Nick-

Like you, I contracted the virus when I was a teenager. (I will be 60 in December).

I started the pills on 2.5.18, and was undetected 4 weeks later. My abdominal scan reflects no damage to my liver.

Scrape up the money for the medication, let the Doc and others on this website mentor your treatment, and you will be fine.
1970's-Bad behavior as a teenager.
2001- Insurance Company denies coverage due to HCV positive
2002- Another HCV positive reading and referral to liver doctor.
2003-Commence Interferon Combination treatment. VL 205,088 after 3 months. Doctor says stop.
2007-VL 1,045,320.
2017-VL 3,121,174.
2.5.18-Commenced generic Epclusa.
3.7.18- VL Undetected!
3.13.18-US Abdomen Complete scan reflects "Normal echogenicity with no mass detected. No dilated intrahepatic biliary ducts".
8.1.18- VL Undetected!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar, Nick-Campfield-facebook

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26210

Thank you guys I am going to try and go through the motions as fast as possible I really hope there are some cancellations so I can see the doctor before the 17th. I appreciate your guys replys dearly I really do. Is the video chat session included with my purchase Dr. Freeman? I also live in the US.
Contracted 2011
Gen 3
VL 13000
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26211

• rightsaidfred
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • G3a infected 40 years ago
  • Thank you received: 326
Hi Nick,

If you contact Dr Freeman via GP2U an online consultation is what will happen. The cost of this will be covered by the one off fee you will pay. It will be like a Skype conversation.

All the best,

RSF
G3a. Probably infected 40 years ago.
Diagnosed July 2015
7/7/2015: ALP 69, ALT 209, WBC 5.8, VL 40,000. Fibroscan 9.5 Kpa.
Commenced treatment Sof/Dac (Natco Pharma) 24 wks in Feb 16
VL UND @ 4 wks, 12 wks

EOT 6/7/16
SVR 12
SVR 24

PHEW! Thank you so much Dr James, Monkmeds and all at Fixhepc
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26212

Hi Nick,

Talk to Dr. Freeman. I am in the USA and can vouch for this site. It is a 100% guarantee to receive the treatment. If it is lost or for some reason confiscated, that is refundable. So far, no one has had their medication confiscated. But many people in USA have been denied by insurance and died because of it. Don't hesitate. Congratulations, you found Dr. Freeman's site and will be cured. :cheer: :+1:
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar, Nick-Campfield-facebook, Cristine123

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26214

Thank the lord
Contracted 2011
Gen 3
VL 13000
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26215

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
Hello Nick, welcome to the forum. Deciding to get treated is one of the best decisions you will ever make. Modern medications (DAAs) have an amazing cure rate of over 90%, and if you can get access to them for an affordable price, you really owe it to yourself and to your family.
Regarding GP2U appointments, Dr James will examine your test results beforehand (you need to upload them before the appointment), then talk to you for about 20 minutes by video conference, and finally write a correct prescription for you. Please note that the GP2U appointment cost (about 68 USD) is separate from the cost of the medication, best of luck to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26217

• kaju
  • Thank you received: 196
Hi Nick,
Well come to the forum. I can understand your feeling and can tell you you are at the bestest place for first step.
Here is amazing and lots of helpfull people here.
I diagnosised 2 years ago and it took almost 2 years for started to treatment because of some decisions.Now I am thinking I wish I could started before
Just do it and start to treatment asaply. New meds are very strong and very high ratio for success. Wish you best. Good luck.
Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26219

Thank you for the reply. I am calling everyday to see if I can see my local doctor any sooner than the 17th. I'm trying to get that prescription asap so I can bring it to Dr. Freeman. Unless my insurance will cover the meds but I highly doubt it. Please stay tuned!
Contracted 2011
Gen 3
VL 13000

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26220

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Nick,

If you can get a prescription fom your doc that is great. If not you need to ask for copies of your results. See the “What your soctor needs” section in the footer or here for details about what results are needed to prescribe...

fixhepc.com/what-your-doctor-needs.html
YMMV

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26221

Thank you for the reply Dr. :) Its very reassuring how helpful the information you and the rest of the members have given me.
will it cost me any money to actually get the prescription from the doctor? im sorry i rarely visit the doctor and have never actually had a prescription before. I have a savings just not a crazy amount of money in it.
But boy am i glad that i actually did save up some cash..
Thank you.
Contracted 2011
Gen 3
VL 13000
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel, hanknassi, Mar

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26222

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sorry Nick,

I can’t advise about fees from your doctor. US healthcare seems a complete mystery with some patients getting treated inexpensively and others being charged an arm and a leg for tests they dont need only to not get treatment.

Worst case is you will need to see me online and sort out the prescription. That will cost $70 but you will get the correct precription with minimal grief and no judgmental BS.

There are plenty of US members who drop in from time to time and know the local landscape well
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar, Cristine123

Hello new guy here 5 years 11 months ago #26223

Do you have insurance? Go to your insurance co webpage and see if they cover Epclusa, or Vosevi. If they don't, you should see Dr Freeman. Less than $1500 and you'll be on your way within 2 weeks. I'm from California, and my insurance flat-out did not cover it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Genotype 3
VL 4,100,000
ALT 101 AST 71
Treatment Naive
Started Sof/Dac Jan 12, 2016
VL= <15 4 weeks in. AST/ALT normal.
VL=UNDETECTED 8 weeks in.
SVR4= Virus back. 3,300,000

Started generic Epclusa Sep. 23, 2017

4 weeks in <15 *Detected.
12 weeks in <15 *Not Detected.
16 weeks in <15 *Not Detected.