Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22054

Yes Coral #flower

Yes, trust and instinct was necessary back then, and now we have evidence too with the trial results, 90% + success rate and that trust worked out. Who could have dreamed of this 2015, Oh, wait on a min :cheer:
:
The whole experience helps to restore faith in human nature, that there are still good people in this messed up world doing great work for humanity.

I send you my wishes for good health and big #love

LG
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC
The following user(s) said Thank You: klhilde, coral, mgalbrai, CC2B, fitz

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22058

• nads
  • Thank you received: 309
Great post Mike and everyone!!!! I came here .......? Bad memory for things particularly dates, but do remember reading a few people were heading for India to buy meds and I was drawn in! Remember going for an appointment at the RF hospital all excited and asking if they would be prepared to monitor someone who chose to do this rather than waiting for years to be treated by NHS. Got short shrift and told about people buying drugs that in all likelihood were not the real deal!!!!!!! :( I wan't put off but knew going to India was not an option at that time due to family situation and other ill health,

By the time I came back to the site I could not believe the change that had taken place thanks to you Dr Freeman and the early pioneers taking that first step. This time I was not going to let anything get in the way of seeking treatment and the price for health was a steal! I know many people have been nervous venturing into this seemingly unknown territory. They were paranoid about being ripped off but reading all your stories it was so clear this was for real!

Thank you all for changing lives! Taking the first steps, making the changes required and giving your all to everyone who comes here. As Sven says thank you is not enough there are no words to express the feelings. So much #love #love #love to all!!!!
Nadia (no 2)!!!!!!
Diagnosed Hep C genotype 1b early 1990's. Treated 1998 peg Interferon/Riba non responder :-(( Meds stopped after 4 or 5 months.
Fibroscan April 2013- 7.3kPa repeated May 2015- 5.8kPa mild scaring
May 2015 ALT 59 AST 56
21/7/2016 ALT 36 AST 44 BIL14
VL 939000
thanks FixhepC +Monkmed started Sof/Led 16/8/2016. :-))
OCT 3 AST33 VL UND
OCT 11 ALT 29 AST 36 VL UND
NOV 10 ALT 27 AST 37 VL UND
JAN 30 2017 ALT 23 AST 29 VL UND
SVR12 ALT 23 AST 27 VL UND!!
SVR 24 UND!!!TY EVERYONE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: klhilde, LondonGirl, coral, mgalbrai, CC2B, fitz

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22059

• beaches
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The life you save will be your own. START TREATMENT
  • Thank you received: 2254
Today I had my appointment with the very lovely Doctor P at RPA, and she gave me the formal news that I'd already been given in an email by the hep c nurse.
While it was good to get it on paper, plus also have a fibroscan done that showed an even better F0 result (median stiffness 4.0), she made a comment that I found interesting. She said the Hep C problem is solved. I know she is busy so I didn't engage in that discussion but it is a worry that someone who is right at the coalface of Hep C treatment in Australia thinks that.
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed in 2004, had HCV for all my adult life. Until 2016!!!!
Harvoni treatment, started 19 March 2016
4 week results Bilirubin 12 down from 14 pre treatment,
Gamma 25 down from 52, ALT 19 down from 63, AST 19 down from 47,
VL <15 down from a lazy 6 million or so

EOT Results
Bilirubin 10, GGT 18, ALT 19, AST 21, VL UND

12 Weeks post EOT
Bilirubin 11, GGT 16, ALT 22, AST 20, VL UND
Cured baby

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22125

I also read about the Buyers Club in the Newspaper....the rest is history :) :+1:
Lives in Bendigo, Victoria
No prior treatment Genotype 1b Fibroscan 0 (only showed a bit of a fatty liver) Diagnosed in February 2015 Currently on my last week of treatment taking led/sof Last LFT normal
Insomnia the only side effect
Undetected at 4 weeks
SVR4 - undetected - all bloods good and GP very happy
SVR12 bloods to be done at end of April 2016
SVR12 - undetected!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, klhilde, LondonGirl, coral, mgalbrai, CC2B, rohcvfighter, fitz, Donna

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22127

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
I joined Fixhepc ~6 months ago ..... mainly by "accident".

It was in the period when I just find out that I might be cured by a drug called Harvoni and reading the blog of Greg Jefferys, I was becoming aware that generic drugs might be the solution for me. However, I was still reluctant on the idea to use generic medication (like many other people, I was confronted with "ghosts" like generic might not be same effective as branded drugs, fear that being made in India might mean low quality, perhaps poison, etc.....) , however because Fixhepc appeared very often in my Google searches, I was "crazy" enough to write an e-mail to Fixhepc asking whether they could test 1 pill for me, provided that I will buy the medication from an online pharmacy.

I was extremely surprised to receive an e-mail back from Dr. Freeman with couple of information about the generic HCV drugs, Fixhepc buyers club, etc.... And so started my journey to treat my HCV, having 2 angels: Greg Jefferys and Dr. Freeman :).

I will always remember, with pleasure, how surprised I was to get the e-mail from Dr. Freeman. Me getting an e-mail from a doctor :woohoo: ? It was the first time when a doctor was writing me an e-mail.... Perhaps in other parts of the world it is a common thing for a doctor to write e-mails to the patients, but in my case it was something that never happened to me. (Well done Doc :+1: :+1: :+1: ).

Shall I add that before replying back to dr. Freeman, I started a small research on Google to see whether he really exists and if he is really a doctor? So, when I found his name together with the name of Dr. Andrew Hill on the United Nations Secretary General website as well on other websites, I started to gain more trust and engaged in the communication with him. Today when I think back on those times I believe that without the small piece of courage to write that e-mail to Fixhepc, perhaps I would still be today on the waiting list to get treated.....

The rest is now history for me too :)

Cheers,
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, klhilde, LondonGirl, coral, mgalbrai, Ariel, Gaj, beaches, isaing4, CC2B, cheese, fitz, Donna

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22140

It was the first time when a doctor was writing me an e-mail....

I hear you there RHF - The fact that a Dr actually cared - What a wonderful novelty hey
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, klhilde, mgalbrai, isaing4, CC2B, rohcvfighter, fitz

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22148

• mgalbrai
  • mgalbrai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2695
Dr. James Freeman......
I have a great PCP, but my REAL doctor is halfway around the world...
Still plan to buy him a beer or 10 in Hobart one day.
I might live long enough and have enough money to do that now..
Thanks Doc,
You are the best.
m
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, klhilde, LondonGirl, coral, 2b, Gaj, isaing4, Hieupham, CC2B, rohcvfighter, cheese, fitz

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22184

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
Hey everybody, how you all doing? Coming up close on a year for me too--I just looked at some old paperwork and see that it was October 7th last year when I faxed my information to Dr. Freeman---about a month after that In November I was driving down the "wrong' side of the road in Australia and parking my rental in front of Kingswood Pharmacy, walked in and said, hey, I'm the guy from out of town that called, here to pick up my my meds prescribed by Dr. Freeman.

Met Emilio later that same day, who is a wonderful guy, then off I went driving as far north as I could and jumping in the ocean at multiple beaches before I had to turn around.
very memorable....oh yea, was clear at the first test I had a few weeks later....just amazing, thank you Dr. Freeman and Emilio and everyone here who steered me right.

hope everyone is doing well, you guys are the best!
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22188

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hey good to hear from you 2B and it's great that things are going so well. When you think about it, it was a pretty incredible adventure that you had that took a lot of guts and trust. But what a payoff! Keep enjoying life. #flower
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: klhilde, LondonGirl, 2b, Ariel, beaches, rohcvfighter, fitz

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22204

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
Thanks Coral, its all very good memories of that trip, got to snorkel around lady musgrave island some too, always wanted to go to Australia anyway, so this finally gave me a 'valid' reason to go,:)

Was a little tense coming back through customs because at that time things weren't quite as settled about bringing in meds as they seem to be now, but even that part of it turned out to be a non-issue. Guess maybe I just don't look as dangerous as I used to when they would mess with me whenever I crossed a border.
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: klhilde, LondonGirl, coral, Ariel, beaches, rohcvfighter, fitz

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22208

• Sirchinenge
  • What a difference a year makes:)
  • Thank you received: 366
Bloody hell, its over a year since I found this place:)

Add me to the year later cured club :huh:
Sob/Dac from Oct 29 2015
Geno 1b
Fiberscan 9.9 Pre treatment
Fiberscan 7.4 week 10
VL 1.3 million pre treatment
Week 2.5 VL 96
Week 5.5 VL 17
Week 10 VL UD
SVR 3 UD
SVR 16 UD
Cured:
All liver functions in normal ranges.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, klhilde, LondonGirl, mgalbrai, Ariel, Gaj, beaches, isaing4, Hieupham, re_roll, rohcvfighter, fitz

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22240

• poodle
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 188
Hi everyone a great year .Thanks for all the effort and time that go's into the posting, the useful info and the encouragement. I joined in the very early days, and forever grateful. Best wishes from poodle.
Geno1a 35years fibrosis 2 or 3 different results from different hospitals ??
24weeks mesochem sof/led as unsure of fibrosis status.
currently UND. No bad side effects
Have svr12 ... waiting for svr 24
I now have SVR 36 weeks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klhilde, LondonGirl, coral, mgalbrai, Ariel, beaches, rohcvfighter, fitz, Donna

One Year Later 7 years 6 months ago #22366

• Ariel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured, SVR 24
  • Thank you received: 3084
One year ago
I was having lithotripsy, cytoscopy, scans, ultrasounds, sleeping every day, using any energy to go surfing and rebuild the thirty years of sport muscle that peginf nuked (well I fought hard against it), I was on OxyContin 10mg a day for pain, growing and living on green foods, my pile of lobbying letters was an inch thick, I had started writing songs in plea, I LEFT THE MAINSTREAM and followed my buddy Emilio from another place to FHC and despite having set up a trip to the UK to pay 45,000 pounds to Alcura for Sofosbuvir then discovered that I could access a miracle combo called Harvoni which Em was blogging. Well that second postponement in the Pipeline on Dec 1 was it for this lil duckie and I ordered my meds from here a leap of faith I can still recall the feeling of morphing from a lobbyist to becoming my own messiah in it all. The PBS came through, sure, but after being an imprint in my bed I was stoked more than any fish in my pond to be already UND by then and on my way.
The change was so profound.
So hard had I had to work to recover my hair skin muscle weight brain and blood work to regular stuff from peginf to that first fiery week on my MIRACLE GENERIC DAAs. No more do I need to flog myself no! The change was starting slowly but man has it a momentum.
Change is visually amazing, inner fortitude, cognitive change much to celebrate and now slipping more and more to a new person the real me who once had HCV but is now free.
Congratulations to all.
Ariel #love
Gen 1a
Peg/inf/riba 2012(!) stop @ Wk 43 potassium low +issues (rlps week 4 post tx, VL120,000) scnds eg. adenomas.
pre sof/led VL 240,000 Fibsc F0
Day 25 <30
Day 32 UND
Week 10 UND
EOT UND ALT11AST17GGT19
SVR4 UND ALT10 AST16 GGT13
SVR8 UND ALT <9 AST16 GGT15
SVR12 UND ALT14 AST19 GGT12 Bili 5
EOT +18 ALT13 AST20 GGT9 Bili 5
EOT +21 ALT11AST15
Cured SVR12
Dysplasia Adenomas RemvdAug '16
SVR24 UND ALT11AST16
ColonoscopyClear Nov17
LumpectomyClear ‘18
LithotripsyCytoscopyBiopsy 4/18
The following user(s) said Thank You: klhilde, LondonGirl, coral, Gaj, beaches, Tommy, rohcvfighter, fitz, Murr, Donna

One Year Later 7 years 5 months ago #22489

• cheese
  • Thank you received: 244
One year ago I was hospitalized in Northern Thailand for food poisoning and serious dehydration. In the middle of the night I was barely coherent when a blood tech was at my side taking blood. I asked her what she was testing for and she handed me a menu of sorts. I said test for everything and upon leaving the next day I was handed 5 or 6 pages of blood results and a 15,000 THB bill ($500 USD) That was it and the doctor that discharged me did not mention anything about the blood work so I assumed all was well. 5 months later by chance I gave the blood work to my daughter a 3rd year med student and she got back to me the next day saying Dad there is a problem. From there I found Greg J and Doc Freeman. Was not able to get meds through Thai customs from Redemtion program so Greg J put me in touch with an Indian contact in Bangkok. I met Mr Giten at a Starbucks on Sukhumvitt Road Bangkok and bought my meds over a cup of coffee for 42,000 THB. Six weeks ago I finished my meds Sof/Led and tested UND with all liver functions back to normal. I started a thread awhile back about telling my 91 y/o mom that I had Hep C. My mom passed away peacefully a few weeks ago but not before knowing her son was cured. What a year it has been. Love and peace to all you brave soldiers.
GT 1a
VL 4.9M
F0-1
Since Late 60's
Meds Cipla SOF/LED
Start June 7, 2016
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, klhilde, LondonGirl, coral, Gaj, beaches, rohcvfighter, fitz, hankf68

One Year Later 6 years 10 months ago #24594

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
Hi to everyone,

1 year ago I received my first UNDETECTED viral load test. The test was made after almost 4 weeks of treatment and it was a huge relief to know that the virus has gone. The reimaining 8 weeks of tx were very easy to me.

So what happen since then? Well, I finished my treatment, I reached SVR12 and I continue to like readimg the stories of other people, how they are doing, etc. Unfortunately I do not have too much time left for writing on the forum, it sems that after being cured I am investing a lot of time in doing things I could not do before.

I also keep an eye with what happens in my country with the subsidized treatment for HCV, there is some progress, but not as much as I would see as necessary...The only thing that I currently see in excess :-p is politics and promises. Many barriers, which I also faced, in accesssing the treatment still exist and that's a solid reason for me to consider myself lucky enough for getting treated with generics and at the same time to be very thankfull to all who have shared their stories, opinios, experiences here on Fixhepc and to dr. Freeman and Greg who made the dream of getting treated of HCV come true.

In good health to all of you,

Cheers,
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, klhilde, LondonGirl, coral, mgalbrai, Gaj, Donna, Mnem
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC