Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1325

• SShady43
  • SShady43's Avatar Topic Author
  • GT 2a /F2. Tx with Sof/Riba in 2015. Und at 4wks. Relapsed .
  • Thank you received: 53
Hi all,
I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone, but since I stumbled onto this site about a week ago, I feel like I have a new family of friends, and am not feeling so alone and fearful in this big ol' maze of information, decisions, and struggles. But, knowledge is power, and I am so excited and hopeful to learn more about the generic meds. I thought that since I have already had treatment and relapsed, that my treatment options were done. Who can afford a round of Sovaldi after all? My biggest hurdle in getting meds shipped to me is going to be getting a script. I did see on another post that Dr Freeman was talking to docs in the UK about writing scripts and consulting. Am wondering if he or any one else out there has heard of a doctor or specific clinic in the US who may be willing to do the same? As always, thank you for sharing your stories and info. God bless.
2A/F2. 12 weeks Sof & Riba in 2015. Undetected at 4 wks. Relapsed. Treated w/24 weeks Sof/Riba/Dac 2016.
June 2017/ 24 weeks UND.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1347

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
where in the US are you? My Dr. had no problem writing me a script, but it was useless insofar as accessing the medicine from my insurance company that is telling me to go get cirrhosis and then come back in a few years and maybe they'll think about it some more then.

I don't know of any drs in US that are doing internet consults like Dr. Freeman, mine was local to me.
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1376

• SShady43
Yep, I know what you mean; my insurance company wants me to get cirrhosis before they'll cover as well, and even then the co- pay is far more than I could ever afford. I'm in Oregon. I have an appt with a new hep dr in a couple weeks. Am hoping he's a progressive thinker!
2A/F2. 12 weeks Sof & Riba in 2015. Undetected at 4 wks. Relapsed. Treated w/24 weeks Sof/Riba/Dac 2016.
June 2017/ 24 weeks UND.

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1377

• SShady43
2b, have you treated at all yet?
June 2017/ 24 weeks UND.

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1413

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No, i have not, i have been waiting since mid 80's for something like this to come along, couldnt' see myself doing the chemo treatment cause I didn't seem that bad.
GT 2b; since 80's, no prior tx, sofosbuvir and daclatasvir compounded from API's at Kingswood Pharmacy in Sydney, started tx nov 6,2015, undetected at 4 wks, UND at 8 weeks, UND at 1 week after EOT, UND at 4 weeks after EOT and UND at 8 weeks after EOT. " I feel GOOD!! I knew that I WOULD!"

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1506

I live in Arkansas and ordered my sofosbuvir and ledipasvir from Mesochem. I paid them on Monday and the package was delivered to my door on Friday. I will get my blood work done tomorrow and start my treatment then. Not more than a 10 day process from start to finish. Sealed, straight from the manufacturer.
Mike
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jolie, SShady43

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1507

Hi Mike,
Congratulations on getting your meds hassle free.
Did you have to send Mesochem a letter from a chemist to guarantee you have a professional to encapsulate the API's?
dointime

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1508

• 2b
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Did you have to send a lot of paperwork to mesochem that they could put in with the package, or just payment and then delivery.?

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1509

I just said I needed them for research puposes
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

G 1a F-1
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: dointime

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1510

Nothing like that at all. I just said I was with the local university doing research, which is true, since I am with the university and I am researching the efficacy of generic HCV treatments-on myself.

G 1a F-1
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: dointime, Jolie

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1511

• Jolie
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 111

mgalbrai wrote: I live in Arkansas and ordered my sofosbuvir and ledipasvir from Mesochem. I paid them on Monday and the package was delivered to my door on Friday. I will get my blood work done tomorrow and start my treatment then. Not more than a 10 day process from start to finish. Sealed, straight from the manufacturer.
Mike

Hi Mike,
That is really great news! congratulations.
It's good to know that you obtained your API's without any paperwork & got them through customs OK,

Do you feel confident using the API's without testing? or will you conduct your own testing in the US before starting the tx ?
best wishes,
Jolie,
Geno 3, Fibro 8.7 pKA, tx experinced in 2005 - Peg/Riba, relapsed.
Started tx 1/12/2015 with Indian Sofo & Chinese Dac.
5 weeks result all normal, ALT 18 - down from ALT 73 at the start of tx.
5 weeks HCV PCR RNA - UND. - down from 2 ML
9 weeks HCV PCR RNA - UND.

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1512

I considered testing them. An FDA accredited lab will test both for $5100.00. I thought about it, but decided if I could find ONE SINGLE reference ANYWHERE online about bogus goods coming directly from Mesochem, I would pay and have them tested. I have found absolutely nothing to refute their claim of purity and I have looked everywhere. The only thing I have read is grumbling on the Gilead share hold web site about competition from Mesochem. The tests they furnish show 99+% purity and everyone I talk to at Fixhepc says that is the case. If I am not "undetected" at 4 weeks, I will be very surprised and disappointed.
I am going for it and will keep everyone posted. My suggestion: get them now before big pharma gets their government cronies to shut down this method of getting affordable treatment.
Mike

G 1a F-1
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jolie

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1513

• Jolie
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 111

mgalbrai wrote: I considered testing them. An FDA accredited lab will test both for $5100.00. I thought about it, but decided if I could find ONE SINGLE reference ANYWHERE online about bogus goods coming directly from Mesochem, I would pay and have them tested. I have found absolutely nothing to refute their claim of purity and I have looked everywhere. The only thing I have read is grumbling on the Gilead share hold web site about competition from Mesochem. The tests they furnish show 99+% purity and everyone I talk to at Fixhepc says that is the case. If I am not "undetected" at 4 weeks, I will be very surprised and disappointed.
I am going for it and will keep everyone posted. My suggestion: get them now before big pharma gets their government cronies to shut down this method of getting affordable treatment.
Mike

thanks for that, good for you!
OMG $5100 that is a robbery ! :ohmy:

Did you contact Rachel? or someone else at Mesochem?
My confusion is that the last I heard was that we need the letter from a compounding chemist & the private script from the Doc - both almost impossible to obtain here in the UK where I live, which is delaying my purchase.

But if I can get it without the script & letter like you I'll do it now,
Did they put any customs documentation there or on the box?
Geno 3, Fibro 8.7 pKA, tx experinced in 2005 - Peg/Riba, relapsed.
Started tx 1/12/2015 with Indian Sofo & Chinese Dac.
5 weeks result all normal, ALT 18 - down from ALT 73 at the start of tx.
5 weeks HCV PCR RNA - UND. - down from 2 ML
9 weeks HCV PCR RNA - UND.

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1514

• Sirchinenge
  • What a difference a year makes:)
  • Thank you received: 366
Rachel is the contact for Mesochem.

If you're ordering email something like this.

I want to buy 90 Gram's of Sob and 20 grams of Sac/led or what ever the
amount you want and don't add anything else in the email.

She will either quote you or decline.

Jolie, Al has had Dac mailed to the UK with no problems what so ever.

I find this interesting you can have APIS mailed to the USA with no issues yet you the actual drug
in capsule/pill form may not get in.
Sob/Dac from Oct 29 2015
Geno 1b
Fiberscan 9.9 Pre treatment
Fiberscan 7.4 week 10
VL 1.3 million pre treatment
Week 2.5 VL 96
Week 5.5 VL 17
Week 10 VL UD
SVR 3 UD
SVR 16 UD
Cured:
All liver functions in normal ranges.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jolie, mgalbrai

Hopeful in the US 8 years 5 months ago #1516

Yes, it is highway robbery and that is why I am going without it. Yes, I dealt with Rachel. Conduct a research project. I am in the U.S., so I can't speak for the UK. I got pages of documentation with my order and it seems Mesochem supplies pharmaceutical companies all over the world with API's.

G 1a F-1
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jolie
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC