Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mission Accomplished ! 8 years 5 months ago #2329

• Sean
  • Sean's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13
I am delighted to say that I am back in Ireland with my meds ( Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir ) after a two-week journey to Australia. I had no problems with Customs at the airport and all went well. My sincere thanks to Dr. Freeman and his crew in Tasmania, especially David and most importantly, Lucianna in City Capital Chemist who encapsulated the meds for me at very short notice. Without her help, I would have either had to extend my stay or come home empty-handed. Fortunately, all went well and I plan to start my course of treatment next Monday, once I get over the jet-lag.

This is the culmination of waiting for 5 years for these drugs to come on the market, saving every penny I could for the past year and travelling to the far end of the earth to purchase them ( it is illegal to receive meds in the post in Ireland ). The absurd thing is that Gilead have a warehouse full of Harvoni less than a mile away from where I live ! Gilead get all kinds of tax-breaks from the Irish government to entice them to locate here but they give nothing back in return. There is no compassionate access program or 'Support Path' here for the uninsured or less well-off and they charge the Irish health service Au.$90,000 for 84 Harvoni pills. The management of Gilead have worse morals than any heroin dealer out there and I hope they get their comeuppance soon.

Rant over. Once again, thanks to everyone who helped me get to this stage and good luck and keep the faith to all my fellow heppers out there. We WILL beat this
Gt. : 1a. VL : 2m. Fibro : F1.
Dx : 2008.
Previous Tx : Squalamine : '08
Ozone Therapy : '09
Int. & Riba : '10
Sof. & Dac. since 9th Nov.'15
UND @ week 4
12 week SVR at end of April '16
The following user(s) said Thank You: tweakmax, mgalbrai, Lynne-Francis-facebook

Mission Accomplished ! 8 years 5 months ago #2332

• Chapel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Well done Sean, wishing you a full cure. It could have been quite different without the obscene pricing. I am in NZ and even if it was say, $10,000 for a 90 day supply I don't think we would need buyers clubs. But at $90,000, we are going to extreme efforts.
M, 57, Live in Wellington,NZ.
Genotype 1a diagnosed in 2013.
Treating for the first time since October 31 with Buyers Club Sof/Led. Thanks so much guys. Minimal side effects apart from sore throat at the start..
Viral load 5.4m when treatment started, Undetected at 4 weeks, 8 weeks, End of Treatment and 12-weeks post EOT. Yay!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean, mgalbrai

Mission Accomplished ! 8 years 5 months ago #2333

• zhuk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 502
Outstanding stuff Sean! very glad that it all went smoothly and you were able to get the meds you need to give yourself a great chance of getting well, and permanently. Speaks volumes about how important the work is which the club and Dr Freeman are able to do for patients who have no other recourse. Awesome to hear it :)

Mate I would say that's one well deserved rant...less than a mile from a warehouse full of Harvoni, damn! And it looks as though Ireland weren't able to pull out that magic rabbit either, and beat down the price to affordable levels - well there's a surprise lol

All the best for kicking off your treatment Sean, hope it goes great for you.
GT1a since 1988, diagnosed 1990
F0, tx naive
VL 262,000 ALT 40 AST 26 GGT 13 Fibroscan 04/12/15 - 2.9
Started Mesochem sof/dac 12 weeks 01/01/2016
11/02/2016 - 6 weeks UNDETECTED
AST 26
ALT 26
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean, mgalbrai

Mission Accomplished ! 8 years 5 months ago #2336

I also heaved a sigh of relief when I managed to get my meds back home.

We will beat this
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean, mgalbrai, IRMA88

Mission Accomplished ! 8 years 5 months ago #2339

Congratulations!!!
You look very happy and should be!
Life in a little bottle!
We almost made Dublin this summer on our way to Romania to see my inlaws, but had to cancel our trip due to insurance appeals.
Maybe next summer!
Stay in touch and keep us posted on your journey back to health.
Gilead.......I am so ashamed they are Americans.
Mike
Day 14, Mesochem sof & led
USA
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC