Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Solvadi and Ribavirin week 5 7 years 10 months ago #16884

• shinel
  • shinel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Everyone, I have geno 2b. I have been slaying for 5 weeks now. The past four weeks have been difficult. Primarily 4 weeks non stop headache, fatique , dizziness and brain fog.

The most perplexing symptom is ( embarrassing) ,intermittent yellow stools.

I have attempted to get an appointment with the clinicb :idea: ut they are all booked out so I cant get my blood results.

...............however, yesterday the headache abated and I feel brighter.

Maybe , I'm getting better.

Anyone out there had similar experience.

I feel like I'm on my own.

Struggling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, GT2

Solvadi and Ribavirin week 5 7 years 10 months ago #16889

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Welcome shinel, :)

A bit of extra information such as which country you reside in and your liver fibrosis level would assist us when responding to any questions.

Your main symptoms are not all that unusual for people receiving ribavirin during treatment. As riba can cause anaemia in some patients your haemoglobin levels should be monitored at least for the first few weeks to ensure that is not occurring. I don't know about the yellow stools but if you can't get into the liver clinic you should consider checking with your normal doctor and also get your haemoglobin checked if it hasn't been already.

We all seem to respond to treatment a little differently but there are many caring people here sharing their experiences so please don't feel you're alone.
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT2, shinel

Solvadi and Ribavirin week 5 7 years 10 months ago #16894

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hello Shinel,

Gaj has given pretty good advice. Off to a regular GP for some blood tests - full blood and liver functions would be a good idea. I'm happy to see you online if you're in Australia.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT2, shinel

Solvadi and Ribavirin week 5 7 years 10 months ago #16896

• GT2
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 970
Hi Shinel

I’m taking generic Sofosbuvir (SOF) + Daclatasvir (DCV) for genotype 2. Luckily I haven’t suffered any side effects so far. So, I’m guessing that your side effects are primarily from the Ribavirin (RBV).

Your non-stop headaches could be a result of being a little dehydrated. A lot of forum users have commented that drinking plenty of water helps reduce side effects, and in particular headaches. Here’s a link to another forum where genotype 2s discuss their experiences with SOF + RBV:

forums.hepmag.com/index.php?topic=1368.0

Note the common theme … drink heaps of water …

Also, Greg Jefferys has written an excellent blog detailing his treatment with SOF + RBV (HCV GT2):

hepatitisctreatment.homestead.com/

Follow Gaj’s advice and make an appointment with your local doctor, considering that your clinic is booked out, or take up Dr Freeman's offer and make an appointment with him at GP2U, to get some blood tests ordered.

You’re not alone on this journey … we are all in the same boat … (some have already made it to shore (and a lot more are not too far behind)

I hope that this helps.

Cheers
GT2
1983: Hospitalised with Acute non-A, non-B Hepatitis after ICU blood transfusion 3mths earlier => HCV GT2
22/02/16: (pre-tmt) ALT 61, VL 2.48 IU/ml Hepascore 0.32 (F1/2), fatigue, brain fog, bloating (Treatment Naïve)
10/04/16: (Start tmt) Sofovir +DaclaHep (SOF + DCV) by Hetero Labs in India
09/05/16: ALT 34, VL: NOT Detected :cheer: :) , FBG 11.9 :huh:
17/6/16 FBG 5.7; PPBG (@14.22) 6.9 (@ 20.45) 7.1; BP 124/72
:) (Accu-Chek Mobile & Omron Auto BP Monitor) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Ariel, Gaj, shinel
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC