Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Question about prescriptions 8 years 5 months ago #2369

• Hope
  • Hope's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 58
Hi there, I'm a new member, who has gained some hope reading this forum, fixhepc page and Greg's blog.

20 years of HepC, Gen3, fibroscan form 4,5 to max 6,9 (different readings every half of year - don't know what to think about that). Viral load was quite low half a year ago, have a lot of anxiety issues wich can be from the HepC or simply because of living with this devil and all that comes with it.

I refused to take Int/ribavarin treatment so now I'm putting all my energy together for getting generics. I have a few questions but most important: should a prescription be for Sofosbuvir/Daclatasvir or for the generics? Just to know what to tell the doctor (if I finally find one - my HepC doctor has refused to write me a prescription, telling me to go on Riba/Peg or wait to get worse and get Sofa/Riba for free).

Second question is, should only a hepatologist write a perscription or can it be a GP or maybe even a dentist (I have one of those who I might ask).

Third question, is anyone here from EU? Not UK but maybe Eastern Europe?

Thanks a lot!
GEN3 for 20+ years
November 2015: Bilirubin 6, AST 0,88, ALT 1,74, gamaGT 0,17, HCV RNA 43800 (previous 478000)
Fibroscan form 4,3 do 6,9 (measuring twice a year)
Started Sof/Dac on 23.2.2016
Week 4: S-Bilirubin: 12, S-Bilirubin dir: 4, AST: 0,30, ALT: 0,36, Gama GT: 0,17, Fibroscan: 4,4, still HCV RNA positive (no VL measured)
Week 8: S-Bilirubin: 8, S-Bilirubin dir: 3, AST: 0,39, ALT: 0,39, GamaGT: 0,14, UND :)
16.5. EOT, everything like it's supposed to be :)
6 month after EOT still UND :)

Question about prescriptions 8 years 5 months ago #2375

• crazy8
  • Thank you received: 29
Hi, GP's can write scripts for the medication, it's just finding one in your area that will have the stones to do it, I live in rural South Australia, so I just booked an appointment with Dr James Freeman at Gp2u, and had the paperwork into the buyers club with the script the same day, took 3 weeks to get the medication.

Being Gen 3, you'll wanna add daclatasvir to sofosbuvir, I was told I wouldn't need ribavirin if my my fibroscan was below 13 and thankfully it wasn't (10.2), I took my first pills yesterday, couple hours later I felt mildly euphoric, I don't know if that was hope combined with excitement at the prospect of slaughtering my passenger. I ordered 24 weeks sof/dac to increase my chances of success as well, looking forward to getting an undetected measure when I get the blood work done in 4 weeks or maybe 2 ..I haven't decided yet.

Anyways good luck 2 you.

Ps I hear that there's a sof/dac combo pill coming out in November in India I think, I got mine from Mesochem in China with a script for sof/dac powder. I'm sure I read as well that Mesochem actually supplies the generic makers in India with their sofosbuvir, but I'm not totally sure about that, it is tested over here and found to be 99% pure and the results from people who are treating with it are testament in itself.
GT 3, F3, Contracted 1993 Tx Naive
V/L 1,267,000 AST 67 ALT 65 6/10/15
commence Sof/Dac (Mesochem) 6/11/15
AST ALT normal 24/11 *
*V/L UNDETECTED 24/11*
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC