I have not been on the site in over a week due to work. I am a Certified Pain
in the Arse(CPA) in the states. The profession takes its toll on older folks like
me..been doing it almost 36 years. In the middle of tax season, I took a leap of
faith (risk)on Feb 11 when I started the sof/led Tx not knowing how it was going
to affect me.Well, I start week 11 tomorrow, 14 doses left. No side effects at all.
I was told to wait until the tax season was over. Did not want to wait. See
my sig below for the lab results..
I was able to obtain 20 weeks of generic sof/led. One can read my saga in my profile.
In two weeks, I will be done with TX of 12 weeks. Now the question.....Should I
stop at 12 weeks, go for 2, 4, 6, 8 more weeks or donate my excess stash of 8,6,4,
or 2 weeks?
I have been a risk taker all my life. If one were to ask my parents, it started when I was
born. That is what my Mom would say. Won't bore you with any details as I was growing
up. My risk taking continues as we speak. Fortunately, neither Mom or Dad
is alive today to witness my "controlled" reckless antics. This is one of the
reasons I comment now and then about the 9 lives of cats and Dr Freeman's
posted pic of "if you're not living on the edge,you're taking up too much space".
I am (was) Tx naive GT 1a. The cure rate is somewhere around 94%, I think. The cure
rate goes up a couple, three, four points with additional weeks of meds. Regardless of
the statistical analysis that can be applied to "n" amount of people, a percentage >75%
is a slam dunk decision in my book. Therefore, 94,95,96,97,98,98,99.9% cure rate is a
walk in the park knowing that relapse is very curable. With that being said, I would
forego the additional assurance of cure by donating my excess stash to a needy
individual or two.
I would like another perspective other than from family, friends, and clients...therefore,
this thread. Most of you here have gone thru or will go thru TX. Most of you probably
have thoughts/opinions about your TX. Obviously, personal experiences and personalities
will have an impact, i.e.,prior failure,being paranoid, being a worrywart, being a
pessimist, being an optimist, lack of funds, ample funds or having success with TX, etc.
I would like to get some rational critical thoughts on what I should do. I kind of know
what I would like to do in 2 weeks, but maybe I'm missing something in my critical
thinking of the situation. Don't be afraid to say "you're an idiot, you paid for 20 weeks,
....take them all" which I have been told already from a couple of friends.
If you took the time to read all of the above, give me your thoughts. Now, bear in mind,
I'm a risk taker and also, I have benevolent, altruistic tendencies for the less fortunate,
not that, that should influence your opinion. Be as objective and forthright as possible.
Should I take the meds or donate is the question?
contracted Gen 1a in the 70's, dx in 2007...ast 27 to 35...alt 43 to 96...vl 1.2 mil to 8.6 mil.
biopsy F-2 (2012)..pre tx results 1/23/16 ast 32, alt 46, vl 3.1 mil
tx started 2/11/16.... lab results 2/24/16 ast 18, alt 18, vl <15 IU/ml
28 days later.............lab results 3/9/16 ast 21, alt 21, vl UND
56 days later.............lab results 4/6/16 ast 20, alt 22, vl UND
139 days later...........lab results 6/29/16 ast 28, alt 30, vl UND...EOT