emo Voxilaprevir - A new Protease Inhibitor

More
4 years 11 months ago #24998

Hi Splitdog!

This is great news! I would not worry though. If history is any guide, the generics may be Sof/Vel/Vox like Gilead's med, so you may not even need your original meds.

You're cure is on the way! :cheer: :+1:


Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, splitdog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #24999

Okay, what am I missing here?

According to this article ...

hepatitiscnewdrugs.blogspot.com/2017/07/...da-approved-and.html

... Gilead filed for approval of Vosevi (Sof/Vel/Vox) on Dec 8, 2016 and is scheduled for decision on August 8, 2017.

And AbbVie filed for approval of MAVIRET (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir) on Dec 19, 2016 and is expected to get a decision on August 2, 2017.

First, why the discrepancy in timelines?
Second, are they giving Maviret with an NS5B or not?
Third, why no mention of the timeline of Merck's product?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #25000

1. Maviret is scheduled for 18th August (according to my info posted somewhere here)
2. Maviret is NS3/4A + NS5A but no NS5B.
3. New Merck stuff is still in Phase III


YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: klhilde, Ariel, Gaj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #25007

Thanks.
1 - Now we'll see if AbbVie has the string pulling abilities of Gilead ... I doubt it.
3 - Okay, makes sense now.

2 - Hmmm. Getting a combination approved for treatment without the use of an NS5B has to mean that:
a - That's got to be some damn good medicine ....
b - It's got to make Gilead nervous ....
c - There should be some downward price pressure on NS5Bs ...
__________

Edit: Especially seeing as it's only an 8 week treatment!
__________


I suspect that any doctor working within the financial constraints of health insurance plans or government funded programs will prescribe it that way if it's approved that way .... but ...

I have a difficult time believing that any doctor prescribing generics to people who can/will self-pay would forgo the extra help of an NS5B.
Edit: Or prescribing for only 8 weeks.
Am I right?
___________

Side note: Look up one post, on the right side, in the gray bar.

#25000

Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by klhilde.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #25011

2a Yes, Zepatier on steroids for all genotypes
2b This should be more of a worry www.fiercepharma.com/legal/gilead-to-fac...s-panel-revives-case
2c Pass


YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: splitdog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC

Back to Top