Find Posts from
Sort Results by
Search at a specific date
Jump to Result Number
Search in Categories

Search Results

Searched for: treatment
05 Jun 2019 01:47
Well yesterday I completed my 84th day on generic Epclusa I am finished, and I would have't to say I went through the process very smoothly no side affects, no problems. In the last month or so I have found myself having more energy, my wife even commented that I am much more energetic. I actually feel the best I have in many years. Blood test next week, I very sure that I am cured. Thanks for the support.
Category: New to Forum
04 Jun 2019 08:53
Hello Vikramb,

Your doctor has made a good prescription - the SOVIHEP-V is Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir which is known as Epclusa. It is a very good choice for treating genotype 3.

Your mothers low platelets and high prothrombin time suggest reasonably advanced liver disease, but we would expect the treatment to be successful and her quality of life to improve.

Using ribavirin is a good idea but can have some side effects - we need to keep an eye on FBC in particular to make sure no severe anemia or low platelets happen - if so we need to reduce/stop ribavirin.

The Ribavirin dose is usually 1000mg/day for patients <75kg and 1200mg/day for patients >75kg. This is taken 1/2 in morning and half at night so either

3x200mg morning + 2x200mg night (1000mg total)
3x200mg morning + 3x200mg night (1200mg total)

The low energy and swelling of legs probably relate to the liver problems.
Category: Genotype 3 (37%)
01 Jun 2019 21:56
Hello Mike,

Relax, the evidence says smoking marijuana or drinking alcohol during treatment will not reduce the treatment success rate.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30944519

Sadly about 1 in 5 patients get some insomnia. Here's my quick tips on how to deal with insomnia

fixhepc.com/blog/item/82-how-do-i-fix-my-insomnia.html

Weed's not listed in the medication options but, hey, it's natural and if it's working for you...
Category: FixHepC Admin
01 Jun 2019 20:43
I am in 3rd week of my Epclusa treatment and only small symptoms nothing major except insomnia. Very difficult to go to sleep. I started smoking marijuana at night which helps me out alot to go to sleep. My question is if is it ok for me to smoke Marijuana during treatment. Does Marijuana interfere with Epclusa and my final result to achieve SVR. Thanks.
28 May 2019 19:10
These dressings look perfect. You can leave them on for a full week unless they look too wet underneath.

You won't really need the Bacitracin but it won't hurt if you use a little.
28 May 2019 19:08
Hello Kaju,

I'm sure everything will be fine.

Best Regards

James
28 May 2019 00:31
The time has gone quickly. Looking forward to hearing your good results.
27 May 2019 21:21
Thank you Carol :)
Almost 6 months after svr24 , time is came for last test
Hope all will be fine again
Cheers
27 May 2019 12:22
I put this over it this morning but I didn't put anything. I got confused with the antiseptic/antibiotic difference so maybe I should remove the suresite transparent dressing apply some bacitracin and reapply another suresite transparent dressing over it ?
27 May 2019 00:09
Bacitracin is ok because it's an antibiotic cream, rather than an antiseptic.

Antiseptics kill everything - killing the bacteria is fine, but killing the healing skin is not.

Antibiotics are targeted, so leave the healing alone.
26 May 2019 05:36
EOT
Hi Anton, congratulations on being undetected at end of treatment, that's great. Best of luck on the SVR 12 test, the odds are very much in your favor now to reach cure. Hopefully we will hear excellent news from you in 3 months :+1: :+1:
Category: Patient Stories
26 May 2019 02:08
EOT
Today i have the end of the treatment with Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir. Thanks for your help in this forum. Beside gastritis the therapy was easy . After 2 months the blood test did not show anymore the virus, GOT, GGT and others were normal ! Now i waiting for the next test in 3 months.
Category: Patient Stories
25 May 2019 23:10
So don't put bacitracin all over it? That's what they gave me to lut.
25 May 2019 17:27
Hello GaryC123,

Sorry to hear about your brother and this rash.

It certainly could be a drug reaction rash for which the mainstay of treatment is stopping the drugs.

Once these sort of blisters have formed there is nothing we can do to make them go away. They will eventually pop, but for preference should not be popped - the dead skin layer over the top of the fluid protects the sensitive layer below.

We do occasionally use steroids like Prednisolone 50mg daily for 3 days to get things to settle down.

Anyway, this should be treated like a partial thickness burn.

You can use an antiseptic cream, but only for 24 hours. All antiseptics delay healing.

All we really need to do is keep it clean AND not get it infected - it should heal rapidly with no scarring.

In a hospital environment, we would put a dry alginate dressing over the area and cover it with Hyperfix. This would be kept intact for about 3 days before looking at it again and redressing.

The low-tech approach would be clean well fitting cotton T-shirts changed every 24 hours . These would be likely to stick a bit but taking them off in the shower, not touching the area and letting it air dry before covering with a freshly laundered clean T shirt would do a reasonable job (in a pinch)
25 May 2019 17:02
Hello GaryC123,

The first page is referring to your Hep C Antibody level. This is positive because you have been exposed to Hep C. A person not exposed would be <1, you have been, you have a value >1 because you have been exposed to Hep C.

The second page is the Hep C PCR RNA test and the <15 level indicates the virus is not detectable. This is good, it means you do not currently have any Hep C virus in your body.

Either you have spontaneously cleared the virus (25% of people do), you are on treatment, or you are in the post-treatment SVR period.
Displaying 376 - 390 out of 6902 results.
Time to create page: 0.768 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC