Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Modified Citrus Pectin (MCP) and nash/fibrosis 7 years 10 months ago #17756

Hi everyone - ive been researching a little bit on this - I sometimes take it for stomache issues - then a friend told me who "they" (bigpharma) were currently using a derivitave of citrus pectin to treat NASH (Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis)- so ive been researching this a bit more and theres quite alot of info i ve come across- Im on dac/sov treatment 5months in and have taken this pectin without any noticeable sides- will keep everyone posted on any more info i find on this - there are some links below-- MCP is known as a GAl-3 Inhibitor( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galectin-3 )

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectin

www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139...15-0284#.V1_liJMrLYU

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27010252

www.naturalnews.com/031969_apple_pectin_radiation.html

www.biopharmadive.com/news/as-big-pharma...o-nash-marke/419475/
The following user(s) said Thank You: fitz

Modified Citrus Pectin (MCP) and nash/fibrosis 7 years 10 months ago #17759

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi Bob,

The observation that certain types of dietary fibre, for example that found in oats www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24851570 have a real impact on lipid levels. Try this Google search

www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-...s+lipid+profile+ncbi

Pectins - mostly found in the skins of fruits and another form of beneficial fibre.

Look at diet as a whole people who eat real food with plenty of fresh fruit and veggies are typically much healthier, but that's what my grandmother told me and what credence could we place in such an old wives tale? Quite a lot suggests the "new" science rediscovering the old wisdom.....

So what do I eat for breakfast this morning? A handful of capsules? No I ate:

Fresh fruit, covered in Greek yoghurt, sprinkled with a generous handful of oat based granola.

There's your probiotics, soluble fibre, insoluble fibre and yum yum all in one thing.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: tweakmax, Gaj, Tina-Hill-facebook, Hieupham, Bob in ireland, GT2, fitz

Modified Citrus Pectin (MCP) and nash/fibrosis 7 years 10 months ago #17829

• sonix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Music is life
  • Thank you received: 359
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. ;)

I have fruit and raw oat muesli for breakfast, but usually yoghurt after dinner. When I was in Vietnam I recall being advised not to eat yoghurt after dark as it disturbs your sleep but dismissed it. I might try it for breakfast instead for a while.
M 61yo HCV+ ~ 30 yrs Gt1a F2 VL 223,000 ALT 54 AST 42 Tx start Sof/Dac 17Dec15.
SVR4 at 7Apr16 ALT 22 AST 22
SVR12 at 9Jun16 ALT 23 AST 25
Melbourne, Australia
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC