Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 3 weeks ago #13523

• A.L.
  • A.L.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 29
Just read a notice in the buyers club that it has been suspended because of the Australian government stopping imports from Bangladesh because of the war on terror (cited below).

Two questions: Firstly, I understood that some DAAs were coming from China and India, so why should the whole club club be suspended?

Secondly, it is clear that if the suspension is actually for the above reasons, then it is obvious that the Australian government is suffering from some serious psychiatric issues, possibly including delusions, psychosis, and fragmentation of its personality. If you or any relatives have close connections with the government, perhaps it might be worthwhile someone recommending the latter to a good doctor or counsellor, or else some kind of psychological intervention unit.

Mental illness should not be stigmatised, so if the worse turns out to be true, we should stand behind the government and its family as they seek medical assistance at this difficult time. Who knows, perhaps it is genetic, or perhaps it is a result of substance abuse, but if the government is expressing its rage and confusion by lashing out at uninvolved parties, someone really needs to step in before it does some real damage to itself or any innocent bystanders.

Here's hoping that things will turn out for the best.

Relevant post:

"Currently we are experiencing supply and shipping issues with product coming from Bangladesh so we are temporarily suspending the Buyer's Club pending resolution of these. One of these issues relates to the Australian government blocking all imports from Bangladesh, apparently as part of the war on terror. Access via the REDEMPTION eTrials remains open. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. No existing orders will be affected."

[Please correct me if I have misunderstood the post or I am responding to an out-of-date statement, but i am simply taking things as I read them on this site. The buyers club page had disappeared for a while and the greyed-out date is from last August, so it is not clear to me what has been going on, having bought from the club on that page last December.]
G4, F4, cirrhosis.

Thank you to Gilead, Michael Sofia, and the terrific folk at FixHepC for making this adventure possible.

YEAR..... ALT..... AST..... GGT... FERRITIN........................................
2009....... 210..... 215..... 953..... 1400........... (Bad health, stupidity)
2015....... 60....... 45....... 150..... 360............. (Improved diet and health, FixHepC treatment)
2016....... 20....... 24....... 25....... 156............. (SVR 12)

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 3 weeks ago #13525

• Sirchinenge
  • What a difference a year makes:)
  • Thank you received: 366
First Ive heard about it I think its recent I have no clue whats going on other then
whats posted on that page.

Answering your question why is it shut down; I actually don't know the answer I'll presume there is a
legal issue causing the cessation of that business model, we'll have to wait for James to update us.

The trails are still active minus generics from Bangladesh.
Sob/Dac from Oct 29 2015
Geno 1b
Fiberscan 9.9 Pre treatment
Fiberscan 7.4 week 10
VL 1.3 million pre treatment
Week 2.5 VL 96
Week 5.5 VL 17
Week 10 VL UD
SVR 3 UD
SVR 16 UD
Cured:
All liver functions in normal ranges.
The following user(s) said Thank You: A.L.

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 3 weeks ago #13526

what happened to the generics from bangladesh?
HCV 35 yrs G1a F3 Tx naive
started Lesovir-C 15/12/2015
pre tx: VL 5,250,000 ALT 374 AST 208
FIBROSCORE 10.4

4 weeks tx ALT 29/ AST 33. VL < 12 UI/mL
8 weeks tx ALT 29/ AST 34. VL UND
4 weeks after tx UND. SVR4. ALT 24/AST 18

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13527

• Vororo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1047
Hi A.L.

Are you referring to this?

fixhepc.com/getting-treated/how-to-do-it/buyers-club.html

As you say, that post was dated 31 August 2015. Since then there have been no problems as far as I know.

... And even if there was a hicky with shipping Hep-C treatments out of Bangladesh last year, why would this lead you to believe the Australian government might take a negative interest in the Buyers' Club?

Everything that the Buyers Club is doing is entirely within the law in Australia...

Cheers,
Diagnosed Jan 2015: GT3, A0+F0/F1. Fatigue + Brain-Fog.
Started Sof+Dac from fixHepC 10-Nov-2015. NO sides.
Pre-Tx: AST 82, ALT 133, Viral Load 1 900 000.
Week4: AST 47, ALT 58. VL < 15 (unquantifiable).
Week12 (EOT): AST 30, ALT 26, VL UND
Week16 (EOT+4): AST 32, ALT 28, GGT 24, VL UND
Week28 (EOT+16): AST 26, ALT 22, GGT 24, VL UND
Ever grateful to Dr James.

Relapsed somewhere after all that... Bummer!

Jan 2018: VL 63 000 (still GT3).

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13528

• Vororo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1047
Just found this (dated 18/12/2015):

www.brint.com.au/news/australian-governm...until-further-notice

Lets hope there is still some sanity in the world, and that Dr James will give us an update soon...
Diagnosed Jan 2015: GT3, A0+F0/F1. Fatigue + Brain-Fog.
Started Sof+Dac from fixHepC 10-Nov-2015. NO sides.
Pre-Tx: AST 82, ALT 133, Viral Load 1 900 000.
Week4: AST 47, ALT 58. VL < 15 (unquantifiable).
Week12 (EOT): AST 30, ALT 26, VL UND
Week16 (EOT+4): AST 32, ALT 28, GGT 24, VL UND
Week28 (EOT+16): AST 26, ALT 22, GGT 24, VL UND
Ever grateful to Dr James.

Relapsed somewhere after all that... Bummer!

Jan 2018: VL 63 000 (still GT3).

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13529

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
While allowing room for Dr Freeman or FixHepC to respond further as appropriate, this announcement only applies to the old version of the "Buyers Club" section of FixHepC. That is, the section that arranged shipment on a patient's behalf of encapsulated API based medications to an Australian physical address based on an Australian prescription. As the Australian PBS now covers all Australian citizens this group has become an extremely small subset of what FixHepC does. For everyone else other options such as Redemption eTrial (Buyers Club V2), direct import, etc. continue to be available as per the below link.

fixhepc.com/forum/daa-access/457-warning...ine-buyers.html#5252
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Ariel, splitdog

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13531

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
On a more personal note I believe it is inappropriate of the OP to drag people with disabilities into this discussion. It is not relevant to the subject and certainly not humorous even with his poor attempt at dissembling.
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13535

• Sirchinenge
  • What a difference a year makes:)
  • Thank you received: 366
There seems to be confusion about this recent post on the Buyers club page the
date being referred too August 2015 is the date the page went live the post about
the buyers club being suspended is recent like in the last few weeks, the OP is correct
things have changed in the last week.

My take on it is The Buyers club is on hold for everyone and generics from Bangladesh are
no longer available via the Trials.

I have my own thoughts on why this is no occurring Ill hold off commenting till we hear from James.

The good news is The Trials are still open you can also avail of the suppliers we have vouched for
and have the drugs shipped too your address.
Sob/Dac from Oct 29 2015
Geno 1b
Fiberscan 9.9 Pre treatment
Fiberscan 7.4 week 10
VL 1.3 million pre treatment
Week 2.5 VL 96
Week 5.5 VL 17
Week 10 VL UD
SVR 3 UD
SVR 16 UD
Cured:
All liver functions in normal ranges.

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13538

Only shipments from Bangladesh to Australia are affected. Buyers Club is suspended, but meds from Bangladesh (Incepta) are available to other countries, see Greedfighter's Journal :cheer: :+1: Or consider the REDEMPTION trials. Or Pharma's market for other alternatives.

Either way you choose, treatment is available folks, grab the bull by the horns while you still can.

Ride this MF'er to Undetected!!
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: splitdog

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13539

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
On the 19th of December 2015 the Australian Government blocked air cargo into Australia from a number of countries, including Bangladesh

infrastructure.gov.au/security/air-cargo/prohibition-intl.aspx

Coincidentally this happened at the same time that the Australian Government announced these medications would be put on the PBS making the need for something that worked in Australia only more or less non existent.

REDEMPTION has the capacity to scale and is reliably delivering Indian generics around the world.

The clinical results of generics - Chinese, Bangladesh and Indian, are under embargo until EASL but it would be reasonable to assume that the right medication given to the right patient for the right duration should deliver predictable results.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Ariel, Gaj, beaches, Hazel, A.L., Greedfighter

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13543

• A.L.

James-Freeman-facebook wrote: On the 19th of December 2015 the Australian Government blocked air cargo into Australia from a number of countries, including Bangladesh

infrastructure.gov.au/security/air-cargo/prohibition-intl.aspx

Coincidentally this happened at the same time that the Australian Government announced these medications would be put on the PBS making the need for something that worked in Australia only more or less non existent.

REDEMPTION has the capacity to scale and is reliably delivering Indian generics around the world.

The clinical results of generics - Chinese, Bangladesh and Indian, are under embargo until EASL but it would be reasonable to assume that the right medication given to the right patient for the right duration should deliver predictable results.

Thanks for the clarification. The timing of the whole thing confused me as I'd seen and used that page before the greyed-out date and it had then disappeared for some time only to reappear in the current form.
G4, F4, cirrhosis.

Thank you to Gilead, Michael Sofia, and the terrific folk at FixHepC for making this adventure possible.

YEAR..... ALT..... AST..... GGT... FERRITIN........................................
2015....... 60....... 45....... 150..... 360............. (Improved diet and health, FixHepC treatment)

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13544

• A.L.

Gaj wrote: On a more personal note I believe it is inappropriate of the OP to drag people with disabilities into this discussion. It is not relevant to the subject and certainly not humorous even with his poor attempt at dissembling.

On the contrary, It is extremely appropriate to use whatever means I see fit to ridicule the government for its strange behaviour. Your taking offence at calling the government mentally ill is far more problematic and intolerant. (From what I've been reading here, most of us are not exactly the most well-adjusted bunch but at least a few have some residual sense of the ridiculous.)

Your comment reflects the sort of perspective that would have taken offence at Jonathan Swift's recommendation to eat Irish children to solve the problem of Irish poverty (and maybe even have taken a rather large reward to turn him over to the authorities for another satirical article.)

It's called "satire" and is a necessary medicine to be brought out of the cupboard when the behaviour of officials becomes absurd or dangerous. In this case, mental illness is the perfect metaphor.
G4, F4, cirrhosis.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 1folho, beaches

Has Buyers Club been closed by the Australian government? 8 years 2 weeks ago #13562

It's pretty obvious this Act was used as convenient way to stop affordable tx from entering Australia from Egypt and Bangladesh. While several types of items ARE permitted (live animals, human remains, etc) from those two countries, nothing at all is allowed from Syria, Yemen or Somalia. So, if Aunt Gertrude died in Dhaka or Cairo, you can ship her earthly remains back to Oz. But, if the old biddy kicked the bucket in Damascus, you couldn't even send her ashes.
Looks to me like the pollys found a "good for Gilead" fix..
I imagine they are giving India a hard look right about now.....
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
forums.delphiforums.com/generichcvtx

G 1a F-1
Started tx 10/23/15 (Meso sof & led) ALT 48 AST 28 v/l 1.6 mil
11/17/15 4 wk lab ALT 17 AST 16 <15
11/18/15 Started Harvoni
12/16/15 8 wk lab ALT: 15 AST: 13 V/l UND
1/14/16 Fin. Tx
7/07/16 UND SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-Jarman-facebook, beaches, Greedfighter
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC