Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 5 months ago #25374

• LynnR
  • LynnR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17
Hello everyone, I am a 59 yo female from US and lord knows when I contracted my Hep c, could have been in the 70s to 10 year ago. I am type 1a and liver stage 1-2 being denied treatment by my insurance because I am not in stage 3-4 as they deem it necessary for treatment.
Thanks to Greg Jeffery's blog I found and saw Dr Freeman via GP2U .
This is my 1st post and was hoping to come in with better results. This is my 3week (actually 22 days) on Ledifos ( Ledipasvir 90mg/ Sofobuvir 400mg tablets) test. My red blood cell count was high at 5.21 with 5.10 being normal reference range cutoff. Carbon dioxide level was low at 15 with 20 being normal range . All other CBC fell within normal range. Can someone explain these HCV test results? I will try to upload the picture. The first blood results were on 7/20 before treatment and the 10/20 after 22 days on Ledifos
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Gaj, Hazel

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 5 months ago #25375

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
Hi LynnR
Great you are on the meds now. I don't know about the other tests, but the viral load, I think, is reporting the same thing in 2 ways. Under 15 at 3 weeks looks good to me- it means there is a scrap of something left but almost all gone. The test can't count any lower. Usually, people test after 28 days. You will get more expert answers, but to reassure you, it is working well. For instance, I was showing about 25 at 4 weeks, didn't become undetected until 18 week mark. Slay on!
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, LynnR

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 5 months ago #25376

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Hi LynneR and welcome :)

I am unable to comment on your other blood tests but the viral load tests look good.
You have gone from a VL count of 1.9 million pre treatment to less than 15 but detected in 22 days so you are well on the way to being cured. :cheer:

The second set is in Log form which is just a different (mathematic) way of expressing the exact same numbers. Scientists (and sometimes Doctors) use the Log scale but most of the rest of us use IU(International Units) as per your top set of results which are easier to understand. Here is a link to a post that shows how the Log scale compares to the IU scale.

fixhepc.com/forum/viral-load-results/827...echniques.html#22490

The graphics used in your report may appear a little confusing because they show the second set of tests as "bigger squares". Ignore that, it may mean something to the test lab but has nothing to do with the actual results which are the numbers/Log results.
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, LynnR

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 5 months ago #25377

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi LynnR

Being <15 in 22 days is good. That is as low as can be counted.

You can completely ignore the carbon dioxide level - it really has no meaning in this context.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: LynnR

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 5 months ago #25378

• LynnR
Thank you to all who replied, I feel so much better knowing my next blood test may show undetected.
And Gaj you are right, "The graphics used in your report may appear a little confusing because they show the second set of tests as "bigger squares", it did have me concerned. I am so thankful to have found Greg, Dr Freeman and this FIX website . Its so awesome and reassuring to have helpful people to encourage us along our fight for a cure. #love
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Greedfighter

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 5 months ago #25379

Hi LynnR,

You are looking good, on your way to a cure :cheer: :+1:

You are so right about Greg, Dr. Freeman and FixHepC. Without them, so many would be lost.
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: LynnR

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 5 months ago #25380

• LynnR
I watched a family member take his last breath 7 years ago. He died of Liver disease brought on by HepC and alcohol. The hepC was contracted during a tainted blood transfusion in the 90s before testing was done. So sad that this help was not available for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, rightsaidfred

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 5 months ago #25381

• rightsaidfred
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • G3a infected 40 years ago
  • Thank you received: 326
Hello Lynn,
I've only just happened across your thread hence the late response to your original post. Your test results are great! 'Just what the doctor ordered'. In case the meaning isn't clear that's a phrase used here in England to mean that something is brilliant - sorry for the awful pun.
All other things being equal, you'll beat this nasty little bug and be able to get on with your life.
So sorry to hear about your family member. That is a horrible thing to have happened and very frightening for those who witnessed it - it must have left a scar, but it's good to remember that his suffering is over now and stuff like that should be rarer from hereon in.
I get so cross when I hear stories like yours about insurers. Frankly the British National Health Service can be almost as bad. I do wonder what is wrong with these people and why doctors who would like to give patients the treatment they need but can't because of budgetary constraints don't just go on strike or quit.
I wouldn't put up with that kind of nonsense in their shoes. I work in healthcare privately. I could have a contract with the NHS but for very obvious reasons want nothing to do with it. If patients cannot afford my fees then I just say "how much can you afford" and treat them for that. So easy - the other people I look after who can pay the full amount keep me pretty well paid.
All the best with your treatment. You should be home and dry in a few weeks.
RSF
G3a. Probably infected 40 years ago.
Diagnosed July 2015
7/7/2015: ALP 69, ALT 209, WBC 5.8, VL 40,000. Fibroscan 9.5 Kpa.
Commenced treatment Sof/Dac (Natco Pharma) 24 wks in Feb 16
VL UND @ 4 wks, 12 wks

EOT 6/7/16
SVR 12
SVR 24

PHEW! Thank you so much Dr James, Monkmeds and all at Fixhepc
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, LynnR

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 5 months ago #25382

• LynnR
Thank you "rightsaidfred" for your condolences and my encouragement
Yes pretty sad that private insurance companies are violating their own contracts, which promise to provide “medically necessary” services to covered patients. There is no question that denial-of-coverage tactics are discriminatory. Hepatitis C patients are specifically targeted by excessive restrictions — policies that would not be tolerated in any other disease.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 4 months ago #25405

• Sven
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1213
I too applaud your test results, those were mine exactly. I have been UND for almost 1 year since EOT.
Dr Freeman said “that is as low as they can count”. You may never get a test that says 100% negative until it’s all over but you <15 is the best you can get in almost every USA lab and most throughout the world.

Please correct me if I’m wrong here members.
Contracted HCV 1980's
Geno Type 1a
F3 ( doc says once treated I'll be F2 maybe F1)
Meds shipped 6/17/2016 arrived early 7/2016

Viral count - 3,471,080

4 week quantitative bloods: August 17, 2016. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

8 week quantitative bloods: September 14th. I have been diagnosed as <15 (told undetected)

11 week PCR RNA Qualitative bloods: September 26th 2016 - Undetected

December 19th 2016: Cured!
Viral count: zero!!!
2018 viral count: still zero!
Cured!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, LynnR

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 4 months ago #25406

• LynnR
Such good news for you Sven.
I want to order and schedule a blood test next week , I will be 47 days on medication, or should I wait? Also what test should I self order, there are so many to choose from? Quantitative, Qualitative, Graphical, Non-Graphical, real time.......... Its a bit confusing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames

1st post- 3 weeks results help 6 years 4 months ago #25407

I would go with Quantitative. It will either be <15 detected, or hopefully this time <15 undetected. :)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Genotype 3
VL 4,100,000
ALT 101 AST 71
Treatment Naive
Started Sof/Dac Jan 12, 2016
VL= <15 4 weeks in. AST/ALT normal.
VL=UNDETECTED 8 weeks in.
SVR4= Virus back. 3,300,000

Started generic Epclusa Sep. 23, 2017

4 weeks in <15 *Detected.
12 weeks in <15 *Not Detected.
16 weeks in <15 *Not Detected.