• Page:

TOPIC:

Hello 6 years 2 months ago #25808

• Mar
  • Mar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
Hello everyone, my name is Mar, I'm based in Egypt, and I'm trying to help Dr James Freeman in his global fight against Hepatitis C. I'm quite aware of the suffering Hepatitis C causes and also how it can be successfully treated because it's a national epidemic here. In 2016 for example, the country has successfully treated about 1 million patients (more than the rest of the world combined that year). That's one of the reasons Dr. James has visited Egypt on more than one occasion, and I had the pleasure of meeting with him and discuss ways to advance his global agenda to fight the disease. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to all the wonderful people here, and I'm looking forward to be involved in the forum and try to help as much as I can.

Hello 6 years 2 months ago #25810

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hello Mar in Egypt. I'm really happy to welcome you to the forum. The international reach of this forum and the belief that everyone has a right to a Hep C free life is one of its' great strengths - and the fact that each person really can make a difference.

I'm really looking forward to reading your posts.

Coral #flower
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, mgalbrai, Ariel, Sven, hanknassi, Mar

Hello 6 years 2 months ago #25812

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thank you very much Carol for your welcome. I'm really looking forward to being part of this forum's effort of getting treatment to every citizen of the world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, mgalbrai, Ariel, Sven, Mnem, hanknassi, Balance

Hello 6 years 1 month ago #26051

• Chattypie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you for inviting me to join the Forums.
My name is Chattypie and I am in London, UK.

Hello 6 years 1 month ago #26055

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Welcome to the forum ChattyPie, it's full of great people who love to help, I'm sure you will find it quite useful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, splitdog, Sven, hanknassi

Hello 6 years 1 month ago #26059

Hi Chattypie

Welcome to you. I have been part of this forum for about a week, and have found the information, help and shared stories to be invaluable, a place where where you don't feel your walking alone!

A big wave from New Zealand

Balance
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Ariel, hanknassi, Mar

Hello 6 years 1 month ago #26061

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Welcome to the club, it's not like this one...

YMMV
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Sven, hanknassi, Mar

Hello 6 years 1 month ago #26068

• Chattypie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello and thanks to everyone who welcomed me.

Unfortunately I have been a patient of not only the HepC 'not sick enough' but also other medical ailments. In the UK we have, for many years now, had a National Sick Service which only serves a few people well.
I worked in the NHS for many years and have seen it personally. I get very irate about people having no treatment when they are mildly ill so that they can get back to work and pay taxes. The Governments are blind as well as stupid.

I lost a young friend of 42yrs, a mother who was treated so badly by the NHS, given incomplete biopsies which made her worse, put in gauze which they then could not remove and eventually giving her old pharmaceuticals because her consultant wanted to prove he could still use them regardless of killing his patients and then refusing to put a drain in for her and instead putting her through the agony of punching holes in her every week to drain off the fluids their mishandling had caused. It was pure torture.

I am so grateful for the HepC Trust in the UK who pointed me in your direction, for my Prof Rosenberg who encouraged me to go to you for my medicines because he has been trying for a year to get NHS England to approve my therapy (which they would not), and of course to Dr Freeman for his perseverance and dedication to eradicating this disease.

My medicine arrived within days, the chatline were extremely helpful and efficient and I have just received my consultant's letter saying that "there is a dramatic fall in the viral load".

I cannot say enough thank yous to FixHepC. Thank you, thank you.......
My best wishes to everyone in their continued efforts.

Hello 6 years 1 month ago #26070

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Congratulations Chattypie on the dramatic fall in your viral load, it shows that your body is responding well to the medication. We're all looking forward to hearing news of your SVR in the next few months, best of luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, Sven, hanknassi

Hello 6 years 1 month ago #26074

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Chattypie,

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. Well done on your perseverance in getting the treatment despite some road blocks along the way.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. You have seen first hand and through your friend the flaws in the system that leave the most vulnerable people without adequate support.

Your falling viral load is good news. Keep posting - we look forward to hearing you updates.
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Ariel, hanknassi, Mar

Hello 6 years 4 weeks ago #26119

• Ariel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured, SVR 24
  • Thank you received: 3084
Hello Chattypie and welcome
Thank you too for being here and sharing with friends here. We are here to empathise and support you through tx and beyond whilst you go through the blood tests. I hope you are not as cold now over there gosh what a Winter you had!
I hope to read of your progress and send you happies from Downunder
Ariel
Gen 1a
Peg/inf/riba 2012(!) stop @ Wk 43 potassium low +issues (rlps week 4 post tx, VL120,000) scnds eg. adenomas.
pre sof/led VL 240,000 Fibsc F0
Day 25 <30
Day 32 UND
Week 10 UND
EOT UND ALT11AST17GGT19
SVR4 UND ALT10 AST16 GGT13
SVR8 UND ALT <9 AST16 GGT15
SVR12 UND ALT14 AST19 GGT12 Bili 5
EOT +18 ALT13 AST20 GGT9 Bili 5
EOT +21 ALT11AST15
Cured SVR12
Dysplasia Adenomas RemvdAug '16
SVR24 UND ALT11AST16
ColonoscopyClear Nov17
LumpectomyClear ‘18
LithotripsyCytoscopyBiopsy 4/18
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, pat1, hanknassi, Mar

Hello 6 years 4 weeks ago #26134

• beaches
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The life you save will be your own. START TREATMENT
  • Thank you received: 2254
good luck in your admin role
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed in 2004, had HCV for all my adult life. Until 2016!!!!
Harvoni treatment, started 19 March 2016
4 week results Bilirubin 12 down from 14 pre treatment,
Gamma 25 down from 52, ALT 19 down from 63, AST 19 down from 47,
VL <15 down from a lazy 6 million or so

EOT Results
Bilirubin 10, GGT 18, ALT 19, AST 21, VL UND

12 Weeks post EOT
Bilirubin 11, GGT 16, ALT 22, AST 20, VL UND
Cured baby
The following user(s) said Thank You: pat1, Ariel, hanknassi, Mar

Hello 6 years 4 weeks ago #26139

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thank you very much Beaches for your welcome :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, beaches, hanknassi
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC