1. I have had HCV for over 40 years, and started Epclusa on 2.5. (I just took my 4th dose.)
2. For the last 20 years, I have been a social drinker, and really enjoy a double scotch after work.
3. After the initial headache with my first dose on 2.5, my only side effects are (i) a mescaline-like high about an hour after I take the pill, which lasts for a couple of hours, and (ii) an energy level that is almost scary.
4. My energy level this week has almost eliminated my desire for an after-work scotch, so I have not had one (except for Tuesday).
5. So, I may just use this opportunity to be a good Christian and actually give up drinking for Lent (or maybe at least during the week).
1970's-Bad behavior as a teenager.
2001- Insurance Company denies coverage due to HCV positive
2002- Another HCV positive reading and referral to liver doctor.
2003-Commence Interferon Combination treatment. VL 205,088 after 3 months. Doctor says stop.
2.5.18-Commenced generic Epclusa.
3.7.18- VL Undetected!
3.13.18-US Abdomen Complete scan reflects "Normal echogenicity with no mass detected. No dilated intrahepatic biliary ducts".
8.1.18- VL Undetected!