Hiya! My last day of meds was 4 days ago, but I wanted to wait until I got my EOT labs back before I posted anything.
So...forthwith...the awesome things...
1. Day 2 after EOT, my insomnia side effect disappeared. I haven't gone to bed this early, slept this long and soundly in MONTHS. Maybe years actually. It's even better than before tx because now my hep c is gone*.
I mean, I never had a lot of side effects of Hep C that I could identify, but spiritually and mentally...I KNEW it was there, and shoved it way down and never spoke of it unless I had to. It affected my quality of life in a very large way.
2. Day 3 of EOT, the achy/creaky joints side effect is about 1/2 gone. Everyone doesn't get that side effect, but I did and it wasn't fun. In the big picture, totally not a big deal. Honestly NONE of these side effects are a big deal in the big picture. But it's still nice when they're gone.
3. Day 3 of EOT, the extreme tiredness is already gone. It was gone last night actually. I was so excited to go to bed because I'd had a full day and it was time to go to bed, instead of because I'm so exhausted I can barely sit up anymore. I woke up in such a good mood today. I literally POPPED out of bed at like 8am. That has DEFINITELY not happened during tx. haha
4. There's a funny interesting spiritual change I've noticed. It's a result of realizing I'm actually going to live a long time. I just feel giddy and enthusiastic and I take great enjoyment in the perceptions of life...smells of pine and coffee, the cold floor under my feet, the sounds of neighbors walking heavily upstairs, birds outside, my space heater's white noise. I'm excited to do more christmas shopping, and go look at things in town from my windows as I drive to the mall. Little things. You feel me? These little perceptions are SO important to me.
5. I will update my sig in a few minutes, but the quick rundown is that all my tests that were out of range are now in range. My ferritin is still slightly low but that will come back up a bit as the daclatasvir leaves my body. And my virus is again...UND.
6. And...GUESS WHO'S HAVING A GRAPEFRUIT TODAY??? THIS GIRL. Hahaha. Probably most people don't care about not being able to have grapefruit, but I really like it. So I'm kind of excited.
I will update more as I notice more things, but so far I couldn't be happier with everything. Big hearts to Dr. Freeman and Jan, who've been my people through all this. And all of you on here who have held my hand as well. I love you guys. Seriously.
(*I KNOW....it's not SVR 24 yet, but for last 4 weeks it's und. I'm going to call it "GONE" from now until SVR24 and beyond.)
No treatment of any kind until FixHepC. <3
Tx started Monday, Sept 18, 2017!!!
Pre-tx: Ferritin 988, AFP 30.2, AST 109, ALT 148, VL 8864293
4wk: Ferritin 31, AST 23, ALT 17, VL <1.18 Log (detected)
8wk: Ferritin 8, AST 18, ALT 20, VL <1.18 Log (UND)
12wk EOT: Ferritin 9, AST 18, ALT 19, VL <1.18 Log (STILL UND)