Hello Sharky and Paul.
I am genotype 3a (from 1990 and it is active) and started sof/dac on 27th Oct 15. Both your descriptions seem familiar to me!
Had blood tests done 20 Nov - a bit early but the place where I was going to have a fibroscan kindly offered to do these for me. Results phoned through to me today VL =19 and other tests okay, although low platelets. AFP which i was worried about was normal.
Did get the usual proviso's and warning about embarking on generics/treatment/monitoring etc., and I always take this on board and in fact appreciate that people will state this to me.
I still note from what I have been shown and read that people like me with liver scarring on the way to cirrhosis can do no better then to be rid of Hep C. Who knows what the future holds, but gee it's been worth it if only to feel normal again for a few weeks.
GT3a 1990 Failed Inter 1998, comb in 2000. HCC 2012
Started 24/52 Sof/Dac 27th October 2015.
1. Bloods 2 October 2015: AST - 165 (20-40), ALT - 265 (5-40), GGT 189 (5-50)
2, Bloods 20 November 2015: ALT etc normal; VL 19
3. Bloods 8 January 2016: AST - 40, ALT - 59, GGT 48 VL RNA UND
4. EOT 12 April 2016 - blood tests: all is well, CT scan: okay
5. AFP 11 June 2016: 4 ref< 11
6. VL July 2016: DET
7. Oct16 start treat - June17 UND
8. Jun 18, lfts okay, platelets a bit low.