I'm GT1, F4 and I originally intended to take Sof+Led+Riba for 24 weeks.
Things didn't go to plan and my first shipment had no Riba.
I decided to wait until I felt better and my blood tests showed improvements in coping with Riba.
At 10 weeks I don't feel better (mainly fatigue) and my 8 week blood tests don't seem encouraging.
I have significant extra family responsibilities (hopefully temporary) and I don't think I could cope with feeling much worse.
I just received 90 days of Twinvir and 90 days of Riba (no holdup by Customs and Medsafe this time)
Should I start taking the Riba? If so, now or wait until I start the 2nd batch of Twinvir?
Blood test results from 2015-12-31
Haemoglobin:136 g/L ( 130-175 )
Haematocrit:0.409 Ratio ( 0.40-0.52 )
Red Cell Count:4.11 10^12/L ( 4.3-6.0 ) L
Mean Cell Volume:99.5 fL ( 80-99 ) H
Mean Cell Haemoglobin:33.1 pg ( 27-33 ) H
Platelet Count:155 10^9/L ( 150-400 )
White Cell Count:3.9 10^9/L ( 4.0-11.0 ) L
Neutrophils:2.2 10^9/L ( 1.9-7.5 )
Lymphocytes:1.4 10^9/L ( 1.0-4.0 )
Monocytes:0.2 10^9/L ( 0.2-1.0 )
Eosinophils:0.1 10^9/L ( 0.0-0.5 )
Basophils:0.1 10^9/L ( 0.0-0.2 )
Nucleated Red Blood Cells:0.0 10^9/L
GT1 F4 compensated, I/F non-responder 1997
@2015-11-06 VL 3.5 x 10^6, started Twinvir
@2016-01-29 started 2nd 12 weeks of Twinvir
@2016-03-01 ALT=42 AST=42, other LFT in normal range
While the 100% cure rate looks impressive with F4 + Riba the 97% represents 1 person. If you look at the numbers there is scant evidence of Riba making any difference. We know that for F3/F4 GT3 patients Riba does not improve SVR rates with 24 weeks treatment, in fact in every +Riba group the results were worse.