Find Posts from
Sort Results by
Search at a specific date
Jump to Result Number
Search in Categories

Search Results

Searched for: treatment
06 Sep 2021 01:10
Hi Acidicleo123, best of luck on your appointment. Dr James has answered a similar question in another thread, you can read his post here .
Category: FixHepC Admin
05 Sep 2021 16:39

acidicleo123 wrote: Many thanks..
That blog was really reassuring..
I am waiting for hepatology appointment...Hope it comes soon...

I have got a hepatology appointment on 19th October.
Hope they will be able to start treatment without too much delay in completing investigations like fibroscans.

Can I ask a purely academic doubt?
I had blood transfusion from a relative (in India) more than 10 years ago.

Later found out that he had HCV G1 and the transfused blood was not screened for HCV.
I was thinking I got from that source.
However my HCV is G5.

So is it likely that I had it from a different source?
Or can you have a different genotype to the one injected to your body?

Is it possibl
31 Aug 2021 07:12
I contracted hep C in the mid 70's. I went through successful treatment in 2010. I have a blood exam every year with no signs of HepC. I was thinking about donating Plasma. The plasma donation center says they test for Hep C. Will I be excluded from donating? What do they look for in the blood results so I can check my most recent lab tests.

Thank you
Category: Q & A
02 Aug 2021 15:18
Hi acidicleo123, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. The good news is that there is now very effective treatment for Hep C. Direct-acting antivirals (DAAs, such as Epclusa) deliver a cure rate of over 95% on the first try. No need to worry about your viral load, strange as it may seem, it has very little correlation to either cure rate or liver damage. You can read this blog post by FixHepC's founder Dr. James Freeman to learn more about that.

Regarding options to get the blood tests done privately in the UK, hopefully a UK forum member will answer your question. All the best to you, hopefully your treatment will be quick and simple.
31 Jul 2021 10:01
Just a thought...what about all the poor, diagnosed Patients in USA or other western countries who don't have access to treatment or are being denied by insurance carriers. They are still able to receive generics from India or Bangladesh to be cured. That would be a great return on investment if it's possible. Even just to make them aware of the opportunity to reach out to Fix Hep C would be amazing. If people could be contacted and made aware of this opportunity, they would pay for it themselves, it is far cheaper than conventional treatment. That's exactly how I was cured, denied by insurance, saved by FixHepC. You probably already thought of this, I just felt I had to say it. You guys are the best!
19 Jun 2021 09:49
Congratulations on your cure!

:cheer: :+1:
14 Jun 2021 17:45
Hi Gan,

I am just catching up on posts after a time away. I had Hep C for many decades and I can relate to all of the symptoms that you have described such as fatigue, brain fog, depression etc. My hair also became thinner and my skin dry so let me validate your experience with my own.

I was cured through the amazing work of Dr Freeman and the fixHepC team as well as incredible support from this forum in 2017 and have been Hep C free since.

I hope you are able to access the treatment soon. Being HepC free is a gift that keeps giving. For me, after treatment, the brain fog began to lift and over time I continued to feel healthier and stronger. Although I will never forget what it was like to have Hep C (frigging awful) you do move on and the energy and joy creeps back into your life. Life still has challenges both physically and emotionally but at least you can fight these without the burden of Hep C.

I'm so pleased that you posted on this forum. I'm hoping that you are able to start treatment very soon.

Coral
Category: Experts Corner
14 Jun 2021 17:14
Hi guero852004,

I've been MIA for a little while so I've just seen your post. It's a little late but SVR is always worth celebrating. Wishing you all the best for your ongoing HepC freeness.

Coral
#flower
24 May 2021 12:04
Hi Jessica, welcome to the forum! Congratulations on finishing your Harvoni treatment and on your pregnancy. Dr James Freeman is a Hep C expert, he responds to all questions in the forum, and I'm sure he'll answer your question as soon as he sees it. Meanwhile, I think that this related study results seem reassuring. All the best.
24 May 2021 01:16
Hi. I just finished 8 week Harvoni treatment and on the last day of treatment i found out i am 4 to 6 weeks pregnant.
I live in Canada and theres are no studies or info about this.
Was wondering couldnyou help
20 May 2021 15:42
Thank you all for your replies.
As I reread the request I made, I see how it could be taken out of context.
In good health to you all.
16 May 2021 14:00
Hi Sven, I think Dr Freeman is suggesting that you can not rule out that the lady had both GT1a and GT2b and that her Genotype test showed GT1a only because it was the dominant strain. If that was the case, it's very possible that Harvoni cured both strains in her, but before her treatment, she may have transmitted both strains (or GT2b only) to the man and GT2b became dominant in him. I'm sure Dr Freeman will correct me if I'm wrong.
13 May 2021 10:00
Hi Sven,

While laboratories tend to report a single genotype, about 10% of people are probably infected with 2 genotypes:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4296219/
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3205070/

We have seen people treated for GT1a with Harvoni relapse with GT3 despite a negligible reinfection risk so presumably, they had both GT1a and GT3, and the Harvoni only cured the GT1a leaving the GT3 to flourish.

Here is an image of some actual genotype testing:

Lanes 1 and 2 are GT1. Lanes 3-5 and 7-10 are GT3. Lane 6 is negative. Lane 11 is the control.

Look carefully at lane 8 and notice that while GT3 is dominant there is a clear GT1 line below it. Some of the other GT3 lanes also suggest GT1 but lane 8 seems pretty clear. That result would be reported as GT3 but is really GT3/GT1

So, it is possible that somebody infected with 2 genotypes can pass on both, and that in the other person a different genotype is the dominant one.

Ledipasvir is not effective against GT2 or GT3 so, for a patient coinfected with GT1/GT2 or GT1/GT3 the Harvoni should cure the GT1 but there is only a 70% chance of curing the GT2 or GT3 (because Sofosbuvir alone has about a 70% cure rate for these).
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 6902 results.
Time to create page: 0.594 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC