The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16214

• simone
  • simone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 69
hi guys, apologies for my ignorance but...what sort of script should i ask my gp/practitioner here in the uk? simply a script for the hep c drug? please explain. thank you
Rere S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt-Kenney-google

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16218

Hi Simone! Welcome to the fray! :lol:
That'd be a Drs prescription for DAA's
You can find answers to your basics under the topic at top of the page "GETTING TREATED"

Happy days are ahead for you,

Matt
GT1a; Got it some time in the 70's; Diagnosed @1976
Tx naive
METAVIR: A2-F2
SOT May 18, 2016: CMP: AST 162 ALT 241 VL 13000000
3 weeks after SOT: AST 27 ALT 31 VL 138
Reached EOT Aug. 10, 2016 / Received svr4 results Sept. 20, 2016: AST 22 ALT 24
Hep C RNA "NOT DETECTED"
AS OF 3/20/2017 ,Hep C RNA PCR "NOT DETECTED" THAT'S SVR24!

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16220

• Gaj
  • Optimist :-)
  • Thank you received: 3082
Welcome simone, :)

If you can provide a bit more detail that would help us to provide more accurate answers but:

Assuming your doctor is supportive they may find a copy of the following link useful: fixhepc.com/kunena-2015-11-10/gp-cheat-sheet.html

They can write the script for the drug name, dose size, method/frequency and length of treatment to suit your needs. So for example:

Sofosbuvir x 400 mg x od (oral/daily) x 12 weeks (84 days)

Obviously they need to specify the other drug(s) to be used in combination with this.
G3a since '78 - Dx '12 - F4 (2xHCC)
24wk Tx - PEG/Riba/Dac 2013 relapsed
24wk Tx - Generic Sof/Dac/Riba 2015/16 relapsed
16wk Tx - 12/01/17 -> 03/05/17 NS3/NS5a + Generic Sof
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16226

Hi Simone,

I am in the UK and I have to say, I have never heard of anyone getting a prescription from any GP or consultant here, although a few have agreed to monitoring bloods on treatment.

My advise would be to research thoroughly how to go about things before asking any Dr here.

I took the cheat sheet Gaj mentioned to my GP after rehearsing what I was going to say, this was to request support in the way of blood tests, happily he agreed to help, but only with a NHS consultant keeping an eye on me.

Regarding prescription, I signed up for GP2U and got my initial prescription though them. My second prescription (I have extended treatment) was written by the MonkMed Dr.

Happy reading and good luck.

As Gaj says, some further info would be helpful to get some more help, you could put it in your profile. eg Gonotype etc.
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, Grateful1

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16231

• Gaj
Well, you know me LG, I'm always the optimist! :cheer:

I like to hope that since the EASL conference in Barcelona last month and with the Hep C Trust over there now starting to provide information on safe generic treatment, the U.K. medical establishment may become a bit more receptive to acting in the best interests of their patients rather than following the bureaucratic line.

I don't think it hurts for UK hep C patients to ask the question of their doctors and consultants to keep the pressure on and remind them where their responsibilities should sit. If they still refuse to provide support than there are the proven alternative routes to get a prescription as you suggest.
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, mgalbrai, Debs, Ariel, Matt-Kenney-google

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16242

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi Simone,

The key questions are Genotype and Fibrosis with Viral load and other medications potentially playing a role.

Do you know these details?

There is a handy decision support tool at fixhepc.com/hcv where you can put in some details and it will give you the answers according to various widely accepted guidelines - it's a kind of inst-a-expert.

Having an online consultation on gp2u.com.au/ would let you discuss with a doctor very familiar with the medications.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, Meg

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16272

• simone
hi all,

so:

1) A1 is my genotype (the worst)
2) load. i do two scans per year and last was few months ago. i do not remember the figure, doc told me it was below any RED zone, digit was 6...
3) spoken to hep c trust here in the uk and now i m waging war. via their website i found amazing info on how to buy meds on line. 100 pills from australia at £1000!
4) friends in india and egypt are now looking to buy me meds there (HARVONI)
5) wife currently in west africa and she is scouting there too. they offered her togolese med called hepantevir but shite stuff and not for hep c
6) my doctor here in london, at my precise question, said he will monitor me if i get meds
7) i will ask him asap if he could prescribe me DAA meds as well.

now,

if i were to buy meds via australian supplier here it asks me to upload a script BEFORE going to payment section. is this your experience too?
what if dont have yet a script? my next appointment with doctor is for the 13th of june 2016.

shall i wait?

thank youuuu

and my name is enrico. simone is my surname

ciaoooo
Rere S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, mgalbrai, Debs, Ariel, Gaj, Matt-Kenney-google

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16280

• Gaj
Hi Enrico,

Hepantevir is supposedly for Hepatitis B and when I checked I could find nothing about it being a scientifically proven drug but lots about it being a £800 herbal scam. Don't buy it!

Genotype 1a was considered difficult to treat with the old interferon based treatments but with the new DAAs it has a very high cure rate.

You will need a prescription or other suitable documentation to clear your medication safely past UK customs so you could wait until your doctor's appointment in June and ask him.
Alternatively, if he can supply you with copies of your records or confirm your last fibrosis score, viral load result and any other medications you may be on before then, you could arrange a virtual (Skype) consultation with gp2u.com.au/ They will be able to provide a prescription for the correct treatment for you which you can then source via the Redemption eTrial fixhepc.com/home/redemption-etrials.html

While slightly more expensive than sourcing the medication from India or Egypt yourself, you will be guaranteed of receiving genuine Indian generic medications including shipping and tracking to your door, etc. You will also get access to expert medical support (in addition to your own monitoring doctor) from the Redemption trials partners MonkMed per this link fixhepc.com/forum/new-to-forum/327-new-m...html?start=135#13297
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, LondonGirl, mgalbrai, Debs, Ariel, Matt-Kenney-google, Grateful1

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16282

• Debs
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 437
Hi Enrico,
1a Genotype used to be the worst but not anymore with the new drugs!
That is fantastic that you have a doctor to monitor you! It's becoming not uncommon anymore! But I would be very surprised if he would write a script, as LG says, never heard of it happening yet.
Really the simplest thing is to make an appointment with GP2U from the link on the homepage here to get a script and take it from there to go on Redemption and get your drugs Fedexed via Monkmed. You will need to know your Genotype ( ✔️ ) your fibrosis level and your viral load ( phone your doc and check these first)
Cheers, hope this helps,
Deb :)
Geno 1a, F1, tx naive, had it 35 yrs.
Started Cipla HepcvirL on 12/01/16
Starting VL 490,000
At 16 days in <15
4 week results: UND
8 week results: UND
5 weeks EOT alt 25
SVR 15 - Not Detected
6 months EOT - Not Detected
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, mgalbrai, Ariel, Gaj, Matt-Kenney-google

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16284

• Debs
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Sorry GAJ must have been writing as you were writing!
Except I kept getting interrupted.
Basically saying the same thing :) but yours has more detail!
Cheers :+1:

Ps the only thing I would say is I'm with LG on this one and just can't see an English gp writing a script for generics......yet.
Deb #flower
Starting VL 490,000
At 16 days in <15
5 weeks EOT alt 25
SVR 15 - Not Detected
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl, Gaj, Matt-Kenney-google

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16286

Hi Enrico,
I'm in USA and have generic Harvoni (ledipasvir and sofosbuvir) being delivered today via USPS. I am in the Redemption 3 e-trial.
It's the easiest for most of us living where price is a huge hurdle. I was told it would take about 3 weeks to receive my shipment of 12 week supply from Indian supplier and they, the MonkMed team, were right on. So, you can trust FixhepC and gp2u to make this happen for you. Gaj and Debs have given you straightforward information to get you started. My advice, don't wait. Get the cure my friend. You won't regret it.
Thanks Enrico for sharing your experience, best to you,

Matt

P.S. Thanks to Gaj and Debs too :)
GT1a; Got it some time in the 70's; Diagnosed @1976
Tx naive
METAVIR: A2-F2
SOT May 18, 2016: CMP: AST 162 ALT 241 VL 13000000
3 weeks after SOT: AST 27 ALT 31 VL 138
Reached EOT Aug. 10, 2016 / Received svr4 results Sept. 20, 2016: AST 22 ALT 24
Hep C RNA "NOT DETECTED"
AS OF 3/20/2017 ,Hep C RNA PCR "NOT DETECTED" THAT'S SVR24!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Ariel

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16300

my doctor here in london, at my precise question, said he will monitor me if i get meds

Hey that's great news :+1: - Is that your hospital consultant or your GP? - Either way, a good start.
You could drop by your hospital /GP and ask them to print-out your test results (it's your right), I have found calling in is easier / quicker than asking them to post. I recommend Redemption via Fix HepC / MonkMed. As Gaj said

You will also get access to expert medical support (in addition to your own monitoring doctor) from the Redemption trials partners MonkMed

I was delighted to see the HepC Trust had finally got on board :)
Wishing you the very best in getting treatment sorted out.
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgalbrai, Ariel, Gaj, Matt-Kenney-google

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16316

• Gaj

Except I kept getting interrupted.

Hi Debs,

LOL, that happens to me all the time but usually the previous poster has already proved my comment wrong! :lol: :lol: :lol:

.....and you have a better understanding of the UK situation than me. :+1: #flower
SVR7 - 22/06/17 UND
SRV12 - 27/07/17 UND
SVR24 - 26/10/17 UND

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16320

• Debs
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hey GAJ,
:lol:
But at least you don't repeat yourself! Didn't realise I'd mentioned the uk script thing twice. Must be an age thing :blink: :lol:
Starting VL 490,000
At 16 days in <15
5 weeks EOT alt 25
SVR 15 - Not Detected

a script...for what? 7 years 10 months ago #16323

• simone
hi guys, thank you for all your answers. a weird thing just happened. i started the online procedure for the online purchase of the meds via fixhepc and being a bit dumb i uploaded a nice picture of myself instead of a proper ID. duuhh, hep c truly affecting my brain (on top of me being a vain italian!). anyway, i never concluded it but i just got an email from the company saying to upload a proper picture and that my payment has been received...what payment?? i havent paid anything? i think it is possibly a generic answer but if this is the level of service i will expect i am a bit concerned. we are still talking about over a G, i mean, not peanuts. what do you think??
Rere S.
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC