TOPIC:

Greg & FixHep C make the New York Times. 6 years 8 months ago #25039

• Sirchinenge
  • Sirchinenge's Avatar Topic Author
  • What a difference a year makes:)
  • Thank you received: 366
www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/opinion/the-t...p-c-buyers-club.html

Came across this today. All though the story is predominantly about Greg it
does make mention of Fix Hep C and James.

Some of the comments are both informative and interesting.

One comment mentioned how cheap Anti viral's are in Australia these days via the public health system
his over all point was why would Australians buy generics when they now have access for close too free.

I guess, he's probably not aware the reason you can access these drugs today at very low prices is
down to the impact James & Fix Hep C had on the negotiations with Gilead.
Sob/Dac from Oct 29 2015
Geno 1b
Fiberscan 9.9 Pre treatment
Fiberscan 7.4 week 10
VL 1.3 million pre treatment
Week 2.5 VL 96
Week 5.5 VL 17
Week 10 VL UD
SVR 3 UD
SVR 16 UD
Cured:
All liver functions in normal ranges.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Vororo, Gaj, Hazel, rohcvfighter, Donna, Iain, Mnem

Greg & FixHep C make the New York Times. 6 years 8 months ago #25040

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
Thanks for posting that Sir- it has me excited because it is such a mainstream news outlet.
Stories like this are the most important thing. I spend some of every day writing to journalists and hoping to get them interested. I get lucky from time to time but they all need the same thing- a US patient to build a story around.
I have one of those at the moment- a very good journalist who will work on a long feature, wants a person's story.
Anyone up for it? please email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

ps have you seen this, latest in the blog, JF telling truth in Paris this week? fixhepc.com/blog/item/86-crisis-what-crisis-practivism.html
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Vororo, Gaj, rohcvfighter, Donna, Iain, Mnem

Greg & FixHep C make the New York Times. 6 years 8 months ago #25041

I want to remain anonymous: if someone here is bold or has an anonymous email account, you should post a link to this article promoting Fix Hep C simply stating "Fix Hep C Buyers Club" www.fixhepc.com, Generic Harvoni and other Generic medications for less than $1500 USD to most of the world. This is run by Dr. James Freeman who is mentioned in this article, and endorsed by Greg Jeffreys, who is the subject of this article.

I would do it but I don't have anonymous email, and I am trying to get a better job and don't want any stigma.
Gt 1a, F0, VL 6.5 million, AST 59, ALT 62
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
6 wk. labs VL UND, AST 27, ALT 20
EOT labs VL UND, AST 23, ALT 19
SVR 16, VL UND, AST 28, ALT 17
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Gaj

Greg & FixHep C make the New York Times. 6 years 8 months ago #25042

• rohcvfighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Vindecat de HCV cu med. generice. Cured with generics HCV drugs.
  • Thank you received: 1594
Hello Everybody,

@Sir: thank you for sharing the article from NYT. It is a great thing when a publication of this size does something like this. At the same time it makes me a little bit sad that this does not happen at all in my country (former comunist country.....)

@Hazel: thank you for sharing the blog of Dr. F. I find it extraordinary good.

@GF: thank you for bringing up the topic about the stigma. It reminded me about couple of good readings related to stigma develop (at least it was like this in my case) a better understanding about what it is and gives some ideas about how one may contribute in his/her preffered way:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigma_management
and
wikihow.com/Cope-With-Stigma

I hope this helps,
RHF
In fiecare an HCV ucide peste 500000 oameni.Medicamentele generice pentru hepatita C functioneaza. Nu deveni statistica! Cauta pe Google “medicamente generice pentru hepatita C”.
HCV kills more than 500000 people every year. HCV generic drugs work. Don't become a statistic.
By sharing this Youtube video you might save someone’s life!
My TX: HEPCVIR-L[generic Harvoni]-India
SVR52 achieved
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames

Greg & FixHep C make the New York Times. 6 years 8 months ago #25047

• Sirchinenge
  • Sirchinenge's Avatar Topic Author
  • What a difference a year makes:)
  • Thank you received: 366
I tried to counteract some of the comments on the times site!

Some of the comments on the Times site are insane and need to be countered.

Examples; Has Greg written a check to Gilead! Really. Seriously. Holy cow.

Generics are evil. Its a very difficult drug to synthesis Id not trust just anyone! (Oh, ya sure Indian plants
don't have qualified staff, the same folk who supply half the worlds generics are not up to the job of making
generic Haravoni. The person commenting was a scientist.)

It eradicates Hep C at 90k- its cheap at the price!

Anyone remember we started buying APIS from China!
Sob/Dac from Oct 29 2015
Geno 1b
Fiberscan 9.9 Pre treatment
Fiberscan 7.4 week 10
VL 1.3 million pre treatment
Week 2.5 VL 96
Week 5.5 VL 17
Week 10 VL UD
SVR 3 UD
SVR 16 UD
Cured:
All liver functions in normal ranges.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Gaj, Greedfighter, rohcvfighter

Greg & FixHep C make the New York Times. 6 years 7 months ago #25070

Great job Sir! I do remember that the people who started a few months before me used API's from Mesochem.

In reading this article a few times I can't help but feel it was an American disinformation hit job.

Fix HepC has grown in popularity and reach.

The article dances around the idea of importation via shipping, and focuses on someone Greg helped who travelled to India. This has been known for some time in USA that you could go to India and get meds. The real news is that 3 months can be imported via mail. The only mention was that this can be accomplished under "certain instances". :sick:

So the message was, "forget it, this is not for you unless you are ready to go to India"

A real expose. NY Times is just propaganda.
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20

Greg & FixHep C make the New York Times. 6 years 7 months ago #25075

• Hazel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1699
Hmm maybe, Greedfighter, but I think is actually the reality Greg faced in producing someone with a name/face. Elle went to India because she wanted to go anyway, as I understand, and had offered to do any interviews. I was reflecting just last week about the media- what has been pretty remarkable all this time, is none of the journalists have tried to 'harm' us or the message, as I would have expected, as I see everywhere else. I think it is because- if they want to dismiss us, they don't even do the story, they don't reply to overtures, they ban our comments. That is at least 20.1 of the journalists I contact. If they do get back, they are intrigued and mostly very positive.
Genotype 3 30 years, 2x treatment interferon/ribavirin non responder. Cirrhosis 17 years. Fibroscan, decompensating, 40 down to 22 by 29/3/16- now down to 6.5, normal, no cirrhosis. Started Buyers Club Sof/Dac 14 Nov 15. SVR 12 29/0716
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greedfighter

Greg & FixHep C make the New York Times. 6 years 7 months ago #25076

Hi Hazel,

I'm not saying that the exposure is a bad thing by any means. However, I just question why there was no mention that the Buyers Club (Fix Hep C) ships to most of the world with relative ease. It would have been appropriate to have included the website info after going so far as to mention the Buyers club and Dr. Freeman. I find that odd it was excluded from the article.

The expense of a trip to India is several times what a straight purchase and shipment of the meds would be. The expense and amount of time required to travel there will make this very difficult for many US patients. Fortunately, some of the comments made mention of being able to ship meds via Fix HepC, so if anyone was really interested they would have discovered that.
Started Twinvir 1/15/16
SVR 24 , VL UND, 10/8/16
SVR 125, VL UND, 9/22/18
SVR 230, VL UND, 10/3/20

Greg & FixHep C make the New York Times. 6 years 7 months ago #25080

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
The sad thing about it is that with the way the media works the Hep C generic story is now no longer fresh so the journalist who was working on the personal import story has dropped it.

Given that Greg does almost entirely personal importation assistance that bit was almost certainly cut out deliberately. Enough story to kill the story, not enough story to disturb the waters too much.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greedfighter, rohcvfighter, Donna
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC