Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1124

• Enkel
  • Enkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 165
For the moment we have only two generic Harvoni in Bangladeshi. They are Lesovir-C and Twinvir. Any info when Gilead-licensed pharma as Cipla, Mylan, Hetero...etc will release generic Harvoni?
Male, Fibro F1. Geno 1b. ALT 67 before treatment Viral load 5 million. My huge viral load replicates in my nervous system as I suffer anxiety.
Started Twinvir 12/12/15.
Two weeks
ALT 17 at 2 weeks
Viral Load UND at 2 weeks
ALT 13.5 at 7 weeks EOT
ALT 10.5 at 15 weeks EOT
ALT 13 at 27 weeks EOT, VL UND, Cured

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1214

• emilio
  • In the field of opportunity its ploughing time
  • Thank you received: 475
I think once Gilead work a process to stop it crossing into UK, US and other countries, they'll allow the generics to flow. Em
Geno 1b F2/3 snce early 80s. Treated in 2008_9 for 63 weeks on INF/Riba. Commence Sof/Dac on 6 October 2015 and completed 18 weeks of tx. UND at 4-6 weeks, UND at EOT, SVR 2, SVR 6 and SVR 12 on 6 May 2016.

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1217

What does this mean Emilio? Impossible to receive by mail?
GT1a Dec14 F2/8.7 VL 900000-2.5M
Jan16 Hepcivir-L MonkMed/Redemption
Baseline: VL 913575 Alt 76 Platelets low
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
DET Wk 8 VL 32 Alt19 'In the slow lane'
June16 Fibro 5.7 F0/1 LIF 1.5
Wk 11 VL<12 Alt 13 Det/Unq
Extending tx 12 wks Mylan Sofo/Dac MonkMed
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 22 + 4 Wks Sunprevir FixHepC
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
Wk 12 post tx SVR12 Wk 26 SVR24
Thank-you Tim, Dr Debasis @ MonkMed & Dr Freeman @ Fix HepC

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1218

• Alsdad
  • Thank you received: 294
I think that's the real reason for the delay. The trials are a smokescreen whilst they put practices into place imo. When you look at the figures, they make about $70 US in royalties on a 12 week supply sold in India. A 12 week course in the UK costs the NHS just shy of £40,000 ($61,000 US) +VAT. If they stop just 100 treatments from leaking through from India to the UK, that's well over $3,000,000 NETT profit in warehoused customers waiting to be made. I know most of us don't drink, but it's sobering (and quite nauseating) when you look at the cold, hard figures.

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1219

The figure they brandish about re NHS cost, is apparently higher than the price the NHS will actually pay.
To save the face of the fact NHS England are lagging embarrassingly behind Scotland in offering new treatments.
Anyway, for many, they would only offer 8 weeks treatment (GT1s) - So right away, that reduces that cost to £26,000
Am told by good authority it is less in reality and keeps patients & public thinking we can't afford when many other illnesses benefit from an equal expense. It also puts it above the £30,000 bracket for NICE - Conveniently!
But anyway, how could the drug cos stop mail deliveries without changing the law?
The whole thing disgusts me, with people so unwell
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13
The following user(s) said Thank You: david

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1220

• Alsdad

LondonGirl wrote: What does this mean Emilio? Impossible to receive by mail?

They might well be trying to put measures in place that require Indian citizenship and a prescription from an Indian doctor to obtain the meds.

Btw, France is on the cheapest European tariff at just over 30,000 Euros. Even if England gets the same rate as them (which we don't), that's still a large seven figure profit per 100 patients.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LondonGirl

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1222

I see Alsdad - What a disgusting thing, Stopping sick people getting medicines they need.
I will leave it at that.
Wk2 VL1157 Alt 23
Wk 14 VL <12 Det/Unq
Wk 16 VL UNDETECTED
Wk 24 UNDETECTED Alt 13

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1225

• Sirchinenge
  • What a difference a year makes:)
  • Thank you received: 366
Its impossible for them to stop mail shipments ..........

I agree with Al, I suspect they are looking for a way to limit India or any generic country to its
Citizens-even that is a major task if not impossible.

As Al said the profits for Gilead in the west are so big they try everything and anything.

I think its futile.
Sob/Dac from Oct 29 2015
Geno 1b
Fiberscan 9.9 Pre treatment
Fiberscan 7.4 week 10
VL 1.3 million pre treatment
Week 2.5 VL 96
Week 5.5 VL 17
Week 10 VL UD
SVR 3 UD
SVR 16 UD
Cured:
All liver functions in normal ranges.

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1226

• Enkel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes, but 180 milion people will be more poweful than Gilead. Harvoni is better than gold. China will produce API and will not recognize Gilead.
Male, Fibro F1. Geno 1b. ALT 67 before treatment Viral load 5 million. My huge viral load replicates in my nervous system as I suffer anxiety.
Two weeks
ALT 17 at 2 weeks
ALT 13.5 at 7 weeks EOT
ALT 10.5 at 15 weeks EOT

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1227

• emilio
They will never stop all of the medications coming in but they will sniffle and based on AD's estimation Gilead will make plenty from confiscating these meds at the border, customs, post office.

And my own personal thought is that, of course I want ever person with hep c to cure as quick as possible however I not sure I want my own country to hock it's arse (ass) to do so. Gilead will be knocking on Australia's door wanting $50K per tx. This countries not in a good place to be another $10 billion on top of the current debt.

For US citizens I guess the cost is a bit more obscure as most access is funded via insurance companies etc. I don't understand enough about the system but know that someone’s paying way too much and ultimately that will effect each and ever citizen within that country?

And I know I said this jokingly today on public chat, but really why can't our government buy these drugs from mesochem? We would cure hep c in this country for very little. Are we still so locked into that 'one peppercorn' mindset of submissiveness? Similarly I personally find it offensive that the FDA can tell me what I can and cannot put in my mouth. Sorry bout the soapbox, maybe at day 10 my meds are hyping me up lol Em
Geno 1b F2/3 snce early 80s. Treated in 2008_9 for 63 weeks on INF/Riba. Commence Sof/Dac on 6 October 2015 and completed 18 weeks of tx. UND at 4-6 weeks, UND at EOT, SVR 2, SVR 6 and SVR 12 on 6 May 2016.

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1228

• emilio
Enough profit already! Go cure something else and gift this to mankind - fck!

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1232

• Enkel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Where Gilead takes the APIs?
Two weeks
ALT 17 at 2 weeks
ALT 13.5 at 7 weeks EOT
ALT 10.5 at 15 weeks EOT

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1233

• Alsdad
Gilead don't even have to 'gift' these new meds to mankind: They just need to reduce their marquee prices to a level that healthcare providers can provide them to everyone that needs them. And Gilead would still make huge profits from them.

Gilead bought the company that R & D'd Sofosbuvir 'off the shelf', and has already more than doubled their money in the form of sales revenue. Harvoni is a combination of two existing HCV antivirals, which required minimal R & D (mainly trials). Last quarterly sales on Harvoni were over five billion US Dollars. There is little marketing required for these products: They sell themselves. And the revenue from them is mostly profit.

It's clear that Gilead won't struggle to fund future research. It's hard to argue for the necessity for Gilead to maintain profit levels unless you are pro-corporate greed.

On the other hand, the argument for ridding the World of this huge epidemic is utterly compelling.

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1234

• emilio
Yep you are right AD, they should be entitled to make a profit. What would be an acceptable price, even $50K is too much for most countries to approve and I'm sure they would continue to make a profit at $10K. I think that's fair and reasonable. em

generic harvoni in india 8 years 6 months ago #1235

• Sirchinenge
  • What a difference a year makes:)
  • Thank you received: 366
Of course its pure greed all corporations are obligated to make money for their shareholders its why
they are in business.

The huge profits on these and other drugs is getting the attention it deserves I think we may
seem some Govt intervention sooner rather then later.

In simple costs terms; It would make more sense to treat everyone even at the outrageous prices
Gilead charge, the actual cost to not treating with all the associated health costs is probably more
then taking the once off hit.

The NHS is also restricting access to Cancer drugs with similar price points not that's any justification.

The answer is to legislate and bring prices down.

In the US, access to health was never considered a right as such, you either had private insurance or Medicaid/
Medicare , the former is for the poor the latter those retired, the system its self is driven by profit your health is
a after thought.

Personally, I think its immoral what we think does not matter to these guys.

The generics are available there is no putting the lid back on....its an impossible task to stop shipping.
Sob/Dac from Oct 29 2015
Geno 1b
Fiberscan 9.9 Pre treatment
Fiberscan 7.4 week 10
VL 1.3 million pre treatment
Week 2.5 VL 96
Week 5.5 VL 17
Week 10 VL UD
SVR 3 UD
SVR 16 UD
Cured:
All liver functions in normal ranges.