Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16299

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263

My fasting glucose level has shot up to 11.9

You should be on some metformin to bring that down.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: CJ, GT2

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16330

Great news Hope. I am now cured and I took Chinese Sof/Led!!! Luckily I had a very good GP who was incredibly supportive. Keep on keeping on :+1: :)
Lives in Bendigo, Victoria
No prior treatment Genotype 1b Fibroscan 0 (only showed a bit of a fatty liver) Diagnosed in February 2015 Currently on my last week of treatment taking led/sof Last LFT normal
Insomnia the only side effect
Undetected at 4 weeks
SVR4 - undetected - all bloods good and GP very happy
SVR12 bloods to be done at end of April 2016
SVR12 - undetected!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, beaches, Hope

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16333

• CJ
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419
Hi Hope.

If you do exercise as well as low GI eating, it may help your sugar levels.
I was IR before my last tx and got stuck into healthy low GI diet & exercise, that did the trick for me, but please listen to Dr J as he's a doctor!!
:)
It seems the virus does something to us that can make people IR ( Insulin Resistant) pre diabetic.
xo
J the young dragon slayer is:
HepC 1a since birth
Male aged 15
VL 2000000
Started Twinvir/ 10-11-15-then Sof/led.
NO sides so far !
after one week VL : 37
after 4 wks VL : UND !
EOT 2/2/16 UND.!
4 wks. post tx results....pending....
7/3/16 VL result : 4 week post tx: SVR !
12 weeks SVR !
24 wks SVR yeeaa!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hope, GT2

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16337

• Hope
  • Hope's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 58
I only wish I would know that half a year ago...but anyway I was well aware that this are new drugs and we are experimenting a bit.

Dr.Freeman, do you know wich research wich is not published yet is Greg talking about?

www.hepmag.com/blog/hepatitis-genotype-3-sofosbuvir-daclatasvir
GEN3 for 20+ years
November 2015: Bilirubin 6, AST 0,88, ALT 1,74, gamaGT 0,17, HCV RNA 43800 (previous 478000)
Fibroscan form 4,3 do 6,9 (measuring twice a year)
Started Sof/Dac on 23.2.2016
Week 4: S-Bilirubin: 12, S-Bilirubin dir: 4, AST: 0,30, ALT: 0,36, Gama GT: 0,17, Fibroscan: 4,4, still HCV RNA positive (no VL measured)
Week 8: S-Bilirubin: 8, S-Bilirubin dir: 3, AST: 0,39, ALT: 0,39, GamaGT: 0,14, UND :)
16.5. EOT, everything like it's supposed to be :)
6 month after EOT still UND :)

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16347

• GT2
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 970
Hi Hope

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Firstly, congratulations on being Week 8 UND! It makes me sad reading the crap you have had to put up with …

On a separate issue, it sounds like we are peas in a pod … my ferritin levels are high too, just under the upper range limit, but I’m not too worried about it b/c it’s always been high … par for the course if you have HCV I think … plus I grow & eat a lot of my own leafy green vegies (silver beat, bok choy, kale etc … got some broccolini growing at the moment too ) .

The 11.9 fasting glucose is worrying to me … I think that I’ll get some blood tests done at week 8 and see if it has come down like it did for you. If not, I’ll follow Dr Freeman’s advice and see if I can get a prescription for metformin.

Thanks for your quick response and professional advice Dr Freeman, I appreciate it.

Thanks CJ for sharing your low GI diet and exercise story.

P.S.
I’ve got my week 4 viral load test result back today … HCV RNA is Not Detected. Pretty cool hey!

fixhepc.com/forum/gt2/994-gt2-honks-his-....html?start=30#16346
1983: Hospitalised with Acute non-A, non-B Hepatitis after ICU blood transfusion 3mths earlier => HCV GT2
22/02/16: (pre-tmt) ALT 61, VL 2.48 IU/ml Hepascore 0.32 (F1/2), fatigue, brain fog, bloating (Treatment Naïve)
10/04/16: (Start tmt) Sofovir +DaclaHep (SOF + DCV) by Hetero Labs in India
09/05/16: ALT 34, VL: NOT Detected :cheer: :) , FBG 11.9 :huh:
17/6/16 FBG 5.7; PPBG (@14.22) 6.9 (@ 20.45) 7.1; BP 124/72
:) (Accu-Chek Mobile & Omron Auto BP Monitor) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: IRMA88

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16372

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dr.Freeman, do you know wich research wich is not published yet is Greg talking about?

Yes, his, mine and other people we know.

SOF+DCV in GT1 is getting really good SVR rates of 95%+ but the same SOF+DCV in GT3 is seeing SVR rates below 90% in the 12 week patients. Looking at the kinetics we see that in GT1 SOF+DCV is as good or better than SOF+LDV, but when we compare SOF+DCV in GT1 and GT3:

Now my interpretation of this graph is that while in GT1 we are reliably at UND by about 55 days (giving a 30 day over-treat) this is not the case in GT3 which decays much slower. This slower decay suggests longer treatment is required if we want the same insurance over-treatment buffer we have in GT1.

The sad reality is that the current DAA agents are worst in GT3, and Ribavirin does not seem to help much (if at all), so in the absence of better what we have for the moment is LONGER (or adding in Interferon and Riba)

I know people don't like to hear it but for some low fibrosis/low life impact GT3 patients waiting for better agents is a perfectly sane option, as is treating for a bit longer than current guidelines suggest for F0-F2
YMMV
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tweakmax, Ariel, Gaj, beaches, Hazel, Meg, GT2

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16382

So the hardest to treat strain is now GT3?

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16385

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

So the hardest to treat strain is now GT3?

Yes, without any doubt. Although the DAAs are better than PEG/Riba across the board, PEG/Riba used to do best in GT3 and is still an option for salvage with Sofosbuvir.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: beaches

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16399

• Hope
  • Hope's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 58
Ok, do we know approx. how manny % of GT3 reach SVR with Sof/Dac? At least in the population you're monitoring?
I see you've written below 90 %. How much below :)
GEN3 for 20+ years
November 2015: Bilirubin 6, AST 0,88, ALT 1,74, gamaGT 0,17, HCV RNA 43800 (previous 478000)
Fibroscan form 4,3 do 6,9 (measuring twice a year)
Started Sof/Dac on 23.2.2016
Week 4: S-Bilirubin: 12, S-Bilirubin dir: 4, AST: 0,30, ALT: 0,36, Gama GT: 0,17, Fibroscan: 4,4, still HCV RNA positive (no VL measured)
Week 8: S-Bilirubin: 8, S-Bilirubin dir: 3, AST: 0,39, ALT: 0,39, GamaGT: 0,14, UND :)
16.5. EOT, everything like it's supposed to be :)
6 month after EOT still UND :)

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16403

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Will cirrhosis a few percent below 90%, without a few percent above 90%. Exactly as expected from prior trials.

Past failure and cirrhosis remain small negative predictors of success.

The past failure is probably just a surrogate marker for IL28 TT or CT or other patient based immune issues.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, Gaj, beaches, Hope

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16450

I know this is out there Doc but is there a therapeutic dose that could be considered for G3's who relapse just to keep the virus in check once it's cleared ?

cheers
Two time relapser.

SVR 4 achieved 12/16 at last
SVR 12 achieved 22/02/2017 The Bastard has been defeated :):):)

GT 3 - about 28 yrs with HCV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16465

• Ariel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured, SVR 24
  • Thank you received: 3084
Hi Hope
I'm really backing you I want you to get SVR12
I'm glad to read so much loving kindness for your anxiety here you know I think of you and send you a hug as you go toward this important blood test.
We must be about the same EOT timing my SVR12 hospital appointment to follow up bloods is 1 July so I need to get them taken a good week prior to that
I'm just happy to see how much love and support you have its brought tears to my eyes
Anxiety is tough Hope
I'm one friend who won't ever underrate the effect of it or judge anyone who suffers anxiety
After all, my own father did four active tours of duty in WW2 as a wireless airgunner and he was my best mate and overcame intense anxiety from the War.
Sending you love and fingers crossed for your SVR12 From Ariel who totally understands anxious symptoms (peginf legacy in my case as you know but I'm a bit frightened to talk about my terrible issue here these days) I can only say
I UNDERSTAND #love #love #love
Love from Ariel
Gen 1a
Peg/inf/riba 2012(!) stop @ Wk 43 potassium low +issues (rlps week 4 post tx, VL120,000) scnds eg. adenomas.
pre sof/led VL 240,000 Fibsc F0
Day 25 <30
Day 32 UND
Week 10 UND
EOT UND ALT11AST17GGT19
SVR4 UND ALT10 AST16 GGT13
SVR8 UND ALT <9 AST16 GGT15
SVR12 UND ALT14 AST19 GGT12 Bili 5
EOT +18 ALT13 AST20 GGT9 Bili 5
EOT +21 ALT11AST15
Cured SVR12
Dysplasia Adenomas RemvdAug '16
SVR24 UND ALT11AST16
ColonoscopyClear Nov17
LumpectomyClear ‘18
LithotripsyCytoscopyBiopsy 4/18
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaj, Hope, Meg, GT2

Afraid to take the meds due to severe anxiety 7 years 10 months ago #16489

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I know this is out there Doc but is there a therapeutic dose that could be considered for G3's who relapse just to keep the virus in check once it's cleared ?

In the dose scoping trials (with PEG+Riba) the 200 mg dose of Sof saw only 94% UND at EOT, but with 400 mg it was 100%. SVR rates were 90% and 91%.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC396...e1-1756283X13515825/

Conclusion: We see virological breakthrough in 6% of patients on low (200 mg) dose Sof so 400 mg daily is where it needs to be.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-Jarman-facebook, Gaj, beaches
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC