wow. this is the most encouraging, most helpful, most uplifting thing anyone has said to me about my resolve to take matters into my own hands.
my hepatologist has stopped communicating with me for the most part and leaves his nurse to deal with me. my family doctor, whom i should have never trusted with my resolve to procure generics, told me it was the most irrational thing he's ever heard in his life and that he wouldn't even think about giving me any advice or help. he then told me: if i seek out my own treatment, doctors will refuse to deal with me, especially if i end up poisoning myself on fake drugs. talk about a horror movie scenario.
at this point, i have a standing order to get my blood tested once a month for HCV RNA but any of the additional hepatic functions are not scheduled to be tested.
yes. my understanding is that my doctor wants me to wait however long it takes to spontaneously clear the virus. but not because he necessarily thinks waiting is the best solution, but rather because my state insurance (i live in the southeast of the us) requires a genotype and a satisfactory fibroscan score to legitimize payment for the medication. and so he practices his medicine at the same pace hep c does its handiwork.
the what-if of maybe not clearing the virus after a long wait is enough to make me take action now.
thanks to you who replied. i'm so grateful. i'll check in once i manage to get things started.=