This is what I did, which I originally posted on another forum:
"I spent days googling different variations and combinations of words, and making phone calls to try finding a compounding pharmacist who would make the API up into a useable form. Most of them couldn't get me off the phone fast enough when they realised I wasn't a doctor/clinic/hospital/pharma. One was quite helpful, and explained to me that their insurance doesn't cover them for this type of thing.
I ended up buying some small digital scales, which I first calibrated. Then I put the Dac into the big end of pharmaceutical grade gelatin capsules (size 3, which I had check weighed at 40mg), then weighed them with the capsule cap loosely fitted. It was trial and error, but I soon got a feel for aproximately the correct amount without having to re-weigh several times. I weighed each batch of 20 filled capsules to check that the total weight was 20x1 dose + capsule, which they were. After a couple of hours, and all the caps tightly pressed on, voila! my Dac in swallowable form. "
I can't see the point in putting medically inert substances into the caps. It makes the job an awful lot more complicated.