TOPIC:

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 4 months ago #25485

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Too many lives go into the making of just one. - Montale
  • Thank you received: 223
Hi MWILLIAMS,
There is no need to be over-anxious about starting the treatment. The big thing is to take it at the SAME TIME EVERY DAY, REMEMBER TO TAKE IT DAILY. Also TAKE ALL OF THE PILLS.

Some of us have done well taking the pills in the mornings.

By the end of week one, all or most of the virus in your blood will be gone:)
G2, infected maybe in 1971?
Diagnosed HVnon-A non-B 1980s, revised to HVC 1990's.
Treatment naive. Fibroscan & bloods all normal ranges.
Viral load 7million,
began Redemption trial4, 12-week generic Sof/Vel (Incepta) 2017. Week 4 UND, Week 12UND, SVR24
Thank-yous to my doctor for the script, to Jan at FixHepC for wrangling, and to Dr Freeman for courage.
Kia kaha e hoa ma!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 4 months ago #25487

Okay thanks, I take meds every night before I go to bed so have just taken the plunge and taken them
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Gaj, Mnem

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 4 months ago #25491

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi MWILLIAMS,

I think most of us were a little anxious at the beginning of the treatment although I must admit I was so desperate to get rid of this virus that I couldn't wait to start. Usually it's a bit of an anti-climax (in a good way) because for most people the side effects are minimal.

As Mnem said a good pill taking routine is a must, drinks lots of water, try to get good sleep and be kind to yourself.

Looking forward to hearing your updates. This stuff works.
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Gaj, Hazel, MWILLIAMS

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 4 months ago #25498

Hi MW - am sure all will be well- I completed over a year ago after 6 months of treatment-( i had varices and cirrosis -- the treatment went well with minimal sides - in fact it was the benefits I started noticing - on lots of different levels-- more energy,less depression etc -- the time flew by and here I am clear of hep c
:) good luck -- maybe have a look at dietary threads on the boards , i let go of sugar and carbs and that was a blessing;)

Bob in ireland
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Gaj, Mnem

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 4 months ago #25508

Great thanks Bob, can I ask why did you need 6 months of treatment? Did you have a huge viral load? I'm trying to eliminate sugar and carbs at the moment also....I find it a challenge to stick to

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 4 months ago #25513

• Mnem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Too many lives go into the making of just one. - Montale
  • Thank you received: 223
Hi MWILLIAMS, To answer your general question: Those with cirrhosis require 6 months treatment in order to improve their chances of reaching sustained virological response (SVR) :)
G2, infected maybe in 1971?
Diagnosed HVnon-A non-B 1980s, revised to HVC 1990's.
Treatment naive. Fibroscan & bloods all normal ranges.
Viral load 7million,
began Redemption trial4, 12-week generic Sof/Vel (Incepta) 2017. Week 4 UND, Week 12UND, SVR24
Thank-yous to my doctor for the script, to Jan at FixHepC for wrangling, and to Dr Freeman for courage.
Kia kaha e hoa ma!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Gaj, hanknassi

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 1 month ago #25899

Hi!
I'm new in here.I started two weeks ago Epclusa 12 weeks treatment.
I feel better than before starting the treatment. It would be fab to read others expieriences during or after the treatment.

Best wishes,
Vivcus
G3 non A non B
Fibro more than F1 less than F2
Viral load over 3 milion
Started Epclusa treatment 7.2.2018
7.3.2018 Viral load undetectable
5.6.2018 SVR 5 UNDETECTABLE
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Ariel, splitdog, hanknassi, Mar

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 1 month ago #25900

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Vivcus,

Welcome and congratulations on starting the treatment. It sounds as if you are right on target as a few weeks into treatment seems to be the time when people start to feel some improvement. It also sounds as if you are not experiencing too many side effects which is also the experience of many people. Sometimes people can experience headaches and sleeplessness but this too passes in time. That was my experience.

I have been officially cured (SVR24) for about a year and having had HepC for many decades, it literally feels as if I have my proper life back. The biggest difference for me was the lifting of the insidious brain fog that had increasingly affected so many aspects of my life. Mixed in there was a constant fight against heaviness and depression along with general tiredness. This was really hard because I am, by nature, pretty optimistic.

It doesn't mean I still don't have some flat days but they are now due to the normal ups and downs of life and not due to a frigging virus.

I really wish you well. You are already feeling some good effects and I can guarantee that this will continue.

Coral
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Ariel, hanknassi, Mar

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 1 month ago #25903

Thank You Coral!

Awesome to read your recovery!
I got my HepC from tattoo almost 30 years ago. So young, naive and stupid.
I hardly had any symptoms and just lived my life untill last summer it hit me with aches and fatigue like I was so tired all the time. I was in the bed 6 months and me too I'm optimistic and upbeat person got depresson from the situation. So I done all the tests and I found out my geno is 3 fibro was more than F1 but less than F2. No chirrosis but there are some megiomas in my liver. Last viral count was over 3 million. I'm so gratefull to start the treatment. Two weeks from now I will do some blood tests and will see if the numbers went down as my feelings are up.
The foggyness is also less like I may see and think more clear. I have some light headaches here and there but that's nothing compearing the tired person laying in the bed...

Best wishes,
Vivcus
G3 non A non B
Viral load over 3 milion
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Ariel, Mnem, hanknassi, Mar

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 1 month ago #25905

• Ariel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured, SVR 24
  • Thank you received: 3084
Hi Vivcus
Thanks for sharing your story please keep updating us exciting times for you. I love reading you feel better in many ways already and that you are organised for bloods soon! I was like that right onto keeping an eye on things and after all we emotionally dealt with from the virus and it’s issues I think it’s cool to keep a close eye on progress it certainly helped me through the DAAs but I was an interferon relapsed so maybe that also pushed me toward vigilance in every way on DAAs. I found the best GP the best lab and the best support (which was right here on the forum)
When the brain fog starts to lift it’s such an awesome revelation. I think we deserve a medal for living full lives many of us working professionals and parents etc whilst actually being unwell. I did not even know I was unwell until 2011! Big shock!
Regardless the cure is almost done for you already, just starting out and these awesome reports of good health you have felt are great I look forward to hearing your clearing the virus and finishing your tx!
Good wishes to you for the future
Happy Splashes
Ariel
Gen 1a
Peg/inf/riba 2012(!) stop @ Wk 43 potassium low +issues (rlps week 4 post tx, VL120,000) scnds eg. adenomas.
pre sof/led VL 240,000 Fibsc F0
Day 25 <30
Day 32 UND
Week 10 UND
EOT UND ALT11AST17GGT19
SVR4 UND ALT10 AST16 GGT13
SVR8 UND ALT <9 AST16 GGT15
SVR12 UND ALT14 AST19 GGT12 Bili 5
EOT +18 ALT13 AST20 GGT9 Bili 5
EOT +21 ALT11AST15
Cured SVR12
Dysplasia Adenomas RemvdAug '16
SVR24 UND ALT11AST16
ColonoscopyClear Nov17
LumpectomyClear ‘18
LithotripsyCytoscopyBiopsy 4/18
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Mnem, hanknassi, Mar, Vivcus

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 1 month ago #25911

Thank You Ariel!

You made my day by your kind and supporting words!
Every 4 weeks I have blood tests and can not wait to see the results.
I feel so much better and I'm supporting the treatment with healthy food and lots of water.
I think I drink more than before the treatment. I do also long walks and stretching.
My Hubby is making me fresh beatjuice and I take also turmenic supliments with omega3 and multivitamin.

Best wishes
Vivcus
G3 non A non B
Viral load over 3 milion
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, Ariel, hanknassi, Mar

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 1 month ago #25980

Hi there!

Went Yesterday for bloodtests and got some results today.

Bilirubin total was 1,7 now 0,6
ALT (GPT) was 54 now 14
AST (GOT) was 33 now 19

All was on the red now normal!!!! After 4 weeks of Epclusa!
I'm so very happy that my feelings are true I'm gettin better :cheer:
Still need to wait for the virus count etc.
Have to say that few hours before taking the meds I start to feel tired and light headache etc. so after taking the medison about hour I'm getting upbeat and back in good feelings.
Anyways have a nice day and thank you!

Best wishes,
Vivcus
G3 non A non B
Viral load over 3 milion
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, Ariel, Mnem, hanknassi, Mar

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 1 month ago #25984

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Great news Vivcus,

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly things get better with treatment.

Keep taking the tablets (with food) and all should be well for SVR.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ariel, hanknassi, Mar, Vivcus

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 1 month ago #25985

• Ariel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Cured, SVR 24
  • Thank you received: 3084
Hi Vivcus wow awesome labs way to go! Those LFTs must have made you feel so happy. I was a keen LFT and GGT and Bili watcher during tx it was a stoke watching the numbers drop indeed yes a good feeling that I will always remember.
I’m very happy for you and look forward to your posts
Happy Splashes
Ariel
Gen 1a
Peg/inf/riba 2012(!) stop @ Wk 43 potassium low +issues (rlps week 4 post tx, VL120,000) scnds eg. adenomas.
pre sof/led VL 240,000 Fibsc F0
Day 25 <30
Day 32 UND
Week 10 UND
EOT UND ALT11AST17GGT19
SVR4 UND ALT10 AST16 GGT13
SVR8 UND ALT <9 AST16 GGT15
SVR12 UND ALT14 AST19 GGT12 Bili 5
EOT +18 ALT13 AST20 GGT9 Bili 5
EOT +21 ALT11AST15
Cured SVR12
Dysplasia Adenomas RemvdAug '16
SVR24 UND ALT11AST16
ColonoscopyClear Nov17
LumpectomyClear ‘18
LithotripsyCytoscopyBiopsy 4/18
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar, Vivcus

Genotype 3's info, updates corner 6 years 1 month ago #25989

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That'a great news Vivcus. Keep doing what you're doing right to the last tablet.

I was also like Ariel in taking a lot of joy in seeing those numbers decrease. Yours look fabulous!

Coral #flower #flower
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, Ariel, hanknassi, Mar, Vivcus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC