Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27426

Hello, I have the G3 type, currently waiting on meds to get here so I can start my journey. My Ast 53 and Alt was 69 or something. My viral load was 36000. Im so grateful to have this option and Im so glad we can talk to others that are on the same path to recovery. Im just a little worried about nausea when I first start rhe medication and Im just wondering If I will be able to take Zofran or something similar so I dont vomit up all the medicine and waste It. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Songbird

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27431

• Mar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 767
Hello Jessica, welcome to the forum :cheer: Drinking plenty of water helps a lot with any medication side effects, such as Nausea. After the first week, side effects will start disappearing in most patients. If you end up needing to take medications to settle your stomach, there is no interaction between Zofran (specifically) and Hep C medications (with the possible exception of Ribavirin). Please review this page that will tell you about any Hep C medications interactions www.hep-druginteractions.org/checker
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Jessica-Copeland-google

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27434

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Jessica and welcome,

Congratulations on organising your treatment. For myself and others on this forum it has been life changing .

I can remember being a little anxious (but impatient too) when I started the medication. Everyone seems to react just a little differently with some people experiencing no side effects at all. I had the very common headaches and insomnia (wide awake at 2 a.m.) for quite a few weeks but it does eventually pass. I had to take Ribavirin during another round of treatment and that was less kind but still doable.

I hope you don't get nausea but it's great that you are prepared and know what is safe to take as it is really important that all of those little tablets stay inside to do their job.

Good luck - looking forward to hearing how you are going on treatment.
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar, Jessica-Copeland-google

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27435

Than you so much for replying back, I just got off a little bit ago and I was so excited to get on here to check my messages. Im very anxious as well and a bit Impatient but I know Ill be doing what I need to soon to get back on healthy path. Ill definitely keep everyone updated when I start taking the medication, and Im so blessed to have this opportunity because If It wasnt for Dr. Freeman, Id still be going Into circles trying to get the doctors to fight foe me to get the medication approved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27436

Im just really nervous about the nausea part, Im so ready though but I just want to find medication thats safe to keep my stomach at ease so this Is a success.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, hanknassi, Mar

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27437

Ok, Thank You so much Mar for your advice. I will be taking Epclusa. I think I spelled that right lol. But Im going to definitely try that and try to really balance out healthy meals throughout the day.

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27438

Thank You Coral for your advice as well. ♥️
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27439

• DrJames
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7263
Hi Jess,

While I can't promise, and I know you'll be nervous, for most patients it's a bit like "am I really taking anything" rather than "these tablets are making me feel sick".

You can certainly take Zofran if required. I doubt you'll need it though.
YMMV
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar, Jessica-Copeland-google

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27440

• coral
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1812
Hi Jess,

You're in really safe, supportive and informed hands here. If you have any questions or just want to allay some feelings of anxiety just ask. I can tell how focused you are - you'll be fine and we'll be here.

Coral #flower
G1a probably early 1980's, Biopsy F1(2010), F2-F3(2015). VL 5+mill; 2+mill (2014) Tx naive. Accessed Sof/Led through Dr Freeman at GP2U and Buyers Club (lifesavers!!!)
Commenced tx 12/11/15. 9 wk: VL <15 Detected but LFT = Normal 12 week results: UND (Yay!) Due to slow response commenced Sof/Dac 4 Feb for 12 weeks. EOT @ 24 weeks 27 April 2016. (With thanks to Dr Freeman et al). SVR11 result: VL 1,950,000. It's back!
New tx 030916 (Viekira Pak, Solvadi, Ribavirin UND @ 111116. EOT 170217.
SVR12 and SVR 24

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27441

Hi Jess and welcome!

Congrats on getting started and just wanted to add that I had no nausea at all. As mentioned above I felt no side effects whatsoever.

Good luck..

S
Diagnosed: 2001 GT1a , HCV since mid-70's.
Biopsy 2010 F1
Fibroscan and Fibrosure 2018 F2

Treated in trial 2010 with Dac/Peg/ Riba and Relapsed.

Resistance test 2017. Have Ns5a Rav Q30r/H58d enhanced from doing Dac.

Start Tx. Jan 18th/18 w/ Vosevi /Riba 12wks. plus 6 wks.Viekira Pak +Sof/Riba(From Dr Freeman @GP2U)

VL start: 1.6mill.ALT 125 AST 88
Wk. 4 Det @LLOQ <15.
VL Wk.8 UND Alt &Ast 22
Wk. 12 UND
EOT:UND

EOT+12 >>>UND (SVR12)! ALT11 AST13
Nov6/18 SVR 24!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar, Jessica-Copeland-google

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27442

Thank You So Much Dr. James!!! Im so ready and anxious. But this will all pay off In my future. I have a very supportive and amazing boyfriend and an awesome 2 year old son!!! ♥️♥️ I just cant wait to feel better!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27443

Im just having a hard time getting a prescription for Zofran because the "doctors" In the USA arent very supportive with my decisions and Im just not understanding why Its such a big deal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27444

Thank You, Im praying and staying positive because no matter what Ill get through this. Its all temporary so I just remind myself and move forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hanknassi, Mar

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27445

Thank You Coral. Your awesome and so Is the Doctor and the team!! I will definitely take advantage of my team of support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coral, hanknassi, Mar

Jess New ?? 5 years 4 months ago #27448

You will have no side effects. Enjoy!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Genotype 3
VL 4,100,000
ALT 101 AST 71
Treatment Naive
Started Sof/Dac Jan 12, 2016
VL= <15 4 weeks in. AST/ALT normal.
VL=UNDETECTED 8 weeks in.
SVR4= Virus back. 3,300,000

Started generic Epclusa Sep. 23, 2017

4 weeks in <15 *Detected.
12 weeks in <15 *Not Detected.
16 weeks in <15 *Not Detected.
Finished 24 weeks treatment 3-17-18
SVR5 <15 Not Detected.
SVR 20 <15 Not Detected.
SVR 44 <15 Not Detected.

Thank you Jesus.
Thank you Dr. James
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJames, coral, hanknassi, Mar, Jessica-Copeland-google
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Copyright © 2015-2020 FixHepC